Start by marking “No Mouth But Some Serpent's (Sacrifices Arc, #2)” as Want to Read:
No Mouth But Some Serpent's (Sacrifices Arc, #2)

No Mouth But Some Serpent's

(Sacrifices Arc #2)

Fandom: Harry Potter
--------------------------------------------------
AU of CoS, Slytherin!Harry. Harry goes back to Hogwarts, determined to protect his brother Connor, the BoyWhoLived, and stay in the shadows. But last year two people learned the truth about Harry... and this year, two more will.

Cover art by Sockcat (deviantart.com).
Published November 8th 2005 by Fanfiction.net

To ask other readers questions about No Mouth But Some Serpent's, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Mouth But Some Serpent's

Start your review of No Mouth But Some Serpent's (Sacrifices Arc, #2)
Marwa
Book, where have been all year?

I first read book 1 earlier this year. It was good but it lacked some stuff that kept me from immediately jumping into the sequel. Then a couple of days ago I saw the prequel on someone's shelf and, because I wasn't really in the mood for anything in particular, I decided to continue with this series.
So I quickly reread the first book to dive into this one.

And God, I'm so glad that I finally did.

This book has everything I liked and wanted in book 1 and more. It is
Julesmarie
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drarry, fantasy, free, fanfic
Whoo! When I said in my review of #1 that I hoped she'd relax into the world and let us spend more time with and get to know the characters a little more, I had no idea my wish would be granted to this extent.

This was incredible! A fascinating, enthralling, heart-breaking, inspiring examination of the mind, free will, responsibility, sacrifice, friendship, and family.

We learn more about what has really happened to Harry because of the way Lily chose to raise him. It's fascinating to get to head-
Ece
Jul 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
I have too many mixed feeling for this story. First of all it felt so long. The next books are far longer but CoS was never my favourite anyways, the settings and the events never intrigued me. Maybe that it is why I couldn't enjoy this book.

Harry's thoughts make me rage. His obsession with Connor can't be healthy at any costs and whatever Lily or Dumbledore say doesn't change it. This is why I don't understand why some of the adults don't interfere. I mean yes, Remus tried and I loved him for i
Anna Kļaviņa
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Harry/Draco friendship
Slytherin!Harry
Mentor!Snape
AU

Just as good as I remembered, and I'm enjoying this more knowing how the series end and noticing small things knowing they're going to be explained/matter later in the story.

Ian
I love how well this is written. All the elements of Harry Potter that we all loved is here, smashed, and molded even better. There are unfortunate parts, but more, there are extremely splendid parts. The author combines and flits on canon in the best of ways, adding layers and layers behind the original story, deepening backstory, describing emotion and strategy and society in ways Rowling hadn't, and in ways I'm enjoying so much more. Truly fantastic, and what I hope to come across every time ...more
Menglong Youk
Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing

After finishing this book, I realized that there is no way turning back; I must prepare myself for this promisingly long, but incredible journey of several thousand of pages in this series next year. Oh, my review on this book? it's weird, yet addicted since I'm only used to the original story of Harry Potter; however, this series will take me to another new time line of my most favorite series of all time. it's time to buckle up.
Roxana Chirilă
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Definitely as good as I remembered - here's a series that makes me happy from so many points of view, not the least of which is its brilliance.

Reading it for the second time is different from reading it the first time around - I noticed more things, I knew what to dread and what to enjoy while it lasted. And I really love how everything is working awesomely together.
Kate
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fanfiction, fantasy
Even better than the first one. I love the characters. Narcissa is awesome. Remus is awesome. Dumbledore scares me. Compelling plot that mirrored the Chamber of Secrets while also containing new and creative elements. The exploration of occlumency is fascinating.
Kudrat Kaur
I'll review the series once I finish - but may I just say. Wow. This is...Just. Wow.
annika
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fanfic, fantasy, m-m, 2017
This may be the best fanfiction series I have ever read.
(view spoiler)
The ne
Lola
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
A Review In Six Words

Fanfiction has never been so good.
Daniel
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fan-fiction
I am dying for more pureblood customs. Bring on the dance.
Douni Sully
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have so much to say but I need to breathe first
Janina
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one! Really, really did. I absolutely love the unlikely childhood friends that slowly but surely grow closer over the years and Harry/Draco definitely fit that trope. I mean, they are best friends and so different but so loyal to each other and my heart just melts. Melts. It's a puddle on the floor right now; a sugary puddle because it overdosed on sweets.

I'm not even One Of The Big Drarry Shippers but THIS makes me understand why some people are, truly. I know that I'm gush
Eri
Mar 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-en, fanfiction
While some of the characters do act quite agelessly and not what you'd expect from this type of genre, I do like how the story keeps on getting dark.
There was a warning that people will start noticeably dying, no one of importance died yet, besides (view spoiler)
Elise Stern
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Debbie Bregman-Buis
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. Love it!
TT
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fanf-1-drarry
4.5 stars-this is just an amazing series and not one to be rushes through. I was quite busy the last couple weeks and it was ambitious of me to try to read this but I couldn't quit it though I thought about it. I also couldn't skip ahead though I tried to do that as well. You feel compelled to read every page, so much is happening and it keeps you fully engrossed. Mainly I like to read these for the romance and I do feel its being hinted at some more in this one but the boys are still young (tho ...more
Sharla
Feb 11, 2017 added it
I love Sylvania.
M
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am now completely hooked. Seriously, I have been reading hours and hours. As I'm writing this the day after I finished #2, I am already at 45% of book 3, and it's so compelling. I love the way the relationship between Harry and Draco, and Harry and Snape develops. The complexity of the plot is mind-boggling every now and then. Yet another revelation of how something was planned, or another unexpected event.

I really hope Lightning on the Wave is writing professionally too!
Jordan
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The revelations that occur during the second installment are well worth the wait. Harry's internal tribulation is felt deeply with the detailed narrative. The pace begins to become a bit too slow with too much focus on minor relationship changes but the plot payoffs made this my favorite of the series so far (currently in book 4).
amruta
Harry's kinda starting to get on my nerves, what with his attitude, but the plot was still really good. 4/5 stars.
Brian
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This series is getting really good! 4.5 stars.
Ester
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
It's get better and better :) love it !!
Stephanie Shimkus
and
Sep 08, 2014
Sanna
May 16, 2015

• The Pureblood Pretense (Rigel Black, #1)
  • The Serpentine Subterfuge (Rigel Black, #2)
  • Azoth (Azoth, #1)
  • At Your Service
  • The Ambiguous Artifice (Rigel Black, #3)
  • Bond
  • Temptation on the Warfront (Temptations, #1)
  • Evitative
  • Blood and Fire
  • Saints and Misfits
  • Any Instrument
  • My Life as a White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie, #1)
  • Beasts Made of Night (Beasts Made of Night, #1)
  • Fake Empires
  • Hard Rock Swing
  • Harry Potter and the Prince of Slytherin (Harry Potter and the Prince of Slytherin, #1)
  • Tea and No Sympathy
  • In the Shadow of Your Heart
Also known as Limyaael.

Sacrifices Arc (7 books)
  • Saving Connor (Sacrifices Arc, #1)
  • Comes Out of Darkness Morn (Sacrifices Arc, #3)
  • Freedom And Not Peace (Sacrifices arc, #4)
  • Wind That Shakes the Seas and Stars (Sacrifices Arc, #5)
  • A Song In Time of Revolution (Sacrifices arc, #6)
  • I Am Also Thy Brother (Sacrifices arc, #7)