Start by marking “Lean Logic: A Dictionary for the Future and How to Survive It” as Want to Read:
Lean Logic: A Dictionary for the Future and How to Survive It

Read Book* *Different edition

Lean Logic: A Dictionary for the Future and How to Survive It

Often described as his life's work, Fleming worked on this non-fiction book for over thirty years. It was completed just before his death and published posthumously on the 7th of July 2011.

Many reviewers have found it hard to categorise, with John Thackara describing it as "half encyclopedia, half commonplace book, half a secular bible, half survival guide, half ... yes,
Published July 7th 2011 by The Lean Economy Connection

To ask other readers questions about Lean Logic, please sign up.
Shaun Chamberlin Hi Brandon, actually, yes!

Hi Brandon, actually, yes!

A fan of Lean Logic has been working on exactly this for 18 months, with the blessing of myself and the publisher. Clearly the 'linked dictionary' format lends itself well to the internet age, so it was a tough project to resist!

It's not yet publicly available, but is ready for its first users. As such, if you are interested drop us an email - beta AT darkoptimism DOT org - and we would be happy to create a login for you as a 'beta tester'. Essentially just let you loose on the online version of the dictionary, and you can let us know if you find anything that isn't working or doesn't seem right.

Cheers,
Shaun
Editor, Lean Logic: A Dictionary for the Future and How to Survive It(less)

Greyfell
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: free thinkers
Shelves: lifechangers
Goodreads wants to know the date I finished this book, but I'm not sure I ever will. It's just not one of those you read from start to finish. More a 'choose your own adventure' book. An uncategorizable one at that. I thought at least I knew that it was non-fiction, but then realized it's sort of fiction too - laying out a more beautiful future that's somehow within grasp.

I really don't know how to describe this book, but maybe that's because it's one of those rare books that breaks out from the
Aleksandar Janković
A difficult book to review. How do you review a dictionary? Anyway, whatever topic comes to your mind (food, eroticism, currency, place, etc.) just flip to that page and give the entry a read, it will leave you thinking. Certainly one of the best books I own and one I will be returning to many more times.
Corey
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Densely packed with good information. The drawbacks: the format makes it cumbersome (at best) to read and repetitive.
Raymond Wharton
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
David Fleming my be my favorite mind of the lat century. The man is a true philosopher of gifted insight, balanced with a heart for the read subtle details of live experience. This is a book to be chearished, and it cannot truely be finished, every entry comes alive in a new light on and give day it is read. This book more than any other on its shelf is a treasure from our civilization to the future, help carry it on, please.
Steven
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I found "Lean Logic: A Dictionary for the Future and How to Survive It" to be an interesting quirky book.
A great deal of the information that was provided I was already aware of. However, I read non-fiction reference ninety-nine percent of the time though.
Myers Carl
Britt Any
Nov 20, 2016
William
Nov 23, 2016
“Every civilisation has had its irrational but reassuring myth. Previous civilisations have used their culture to sing about it and tell stories about it. Ours has used its mathematics to prove it.” 4 likes
“Localisation stands, at best, at the limits of practical possibility, but it has the decisive argument in its favour that there will be no alternative.” 2 likes