Start by marking “Lean Logic: A Dictionary for the Future and How to Survive It” as Want to Read:
Lean Logic: A Dictionary for the Future and How to Survive It

Read Book* *Different edition

Lean Logic: A Dictionary for the Future and How to Survive It

Often described as his life's work, Fleming worked on this non-fiction book for over thirty years. It was completed just before his death and published posthumously on the 7th of July 2011.

Many reviewers have found it hard to categorise, with John Thackara describing it as "half encyclopedia, half commonplace book, half a secular bible, half survival guide, half ... yes,
Published July 7th 2011 by The Lean Economy Connection

To ask other readers questions about Lean Logic, please sign up.
Shaun Chamberlin Hi Brandon, actually, yes!

Hi Brandon, actually, yes!

A fan of Lean Logic has been working on exactly this for 18 months, with the blessing of myself and the publisher. Clearly the 'linked dictionary' format lends itself well to the internet age, so it was a tough project to resist!

It's not yet publicly available, but is ready for its first users. As such, if you are interested drop us an email - beta AT darkoptimism DOT org - and we would be happy to create a login for you as a 'beta tester'. Essentially just let you loose on the online version of the dictionary, and you can let us know if you find anything that isn't working or doesn't seem right.

***
UPDATE - For those reading this in 2020 or beyond, the wonderful new online version of Lean Logic has now launched. It is fully searchable, has threaded discussions under each entry, and can be accessed at https://leanlogic.online/
***

Cheers,
Shaun
Editor, Lean Logic: A Dictionary for the Future and How to Survive It(less)

Start your review of Lean Logic: A Dictionary for the Future and How to Survive It
Greyfell
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lifechangers
Goodreads wants to know the date I finished this book, but I'm not sure I ever will. It's just not one of those you read from start to finish. More a 'choose your own adventure' book. An uncategorizable one at that. I thought at least I knew that it was non-fiction, but then realized it's sort of fiction too - laying out a more beautiful future that's somehow within grasp.

I really don't know how to describe this book, but maybe that's because it's one of those rare books that breaks out from the
Raymond Wharton
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
David Fleming my be my favorite mind of the lat century. The man is a true philosopher of gifted insight, balanced with a heart for the read subtle details of live experience. This is a book to be chearished, and it cannot truely be finished, every entry comes alive in a new light on and give day it is read. This book more than any other on its shelf is a treasure from our civilization to the future, help carry it on, please.
Aleksandar
A difficult book to review. How do you review a dictionary? Anyway, whatever topic comes to your mind (food, eroticism, currency, place, etc.) just flip to that page and give the entry a read, it will leave you thinking. Certainly one of the best books I own and one I will be returning to many more times.
Corey
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Densely packed with good information. The drawbacks: the format makes it cumbersome (at best) to read and repetitive.
Steven
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I found "Lean Logic: A Dictionary for the Future and How to Survive It" to be an interesting quirky book.
A great deal of the information that was provided I was already aware of. However, I read non-fiction reference ninety-nine percent of the time though.
Brandon
While a great many of his observations resonate with me, the book needs serious organizational work.
Myers Carl
Jul 25, 2020
Transition
Oct 14, 2016
Shaun Chamberlin
Jul 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Trevor
Bob McCaviggy
Oct 24, 2016

• The Society of the Spectacle
  • Il fascismo eterno
  • Stuff Matters: Exploring the Marvelous Materials That Shape Our Man-Made World
  • The Permaculture Handbook: Garden Farming for Town and Country
  • The Overstory
  • The Way to Love
  • Nature and the Human Soul: Cultivating Wholeness and Community in a Fragmented World
  • White Guilt: How Blacks and Whites Together Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era
  • Radical Simplicity: Small Footprints on a Finite Earth
  • Lifespan: Why We Age—and Why We Don't Have To
  • The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting
  • The Jaguar's Children
  • The Chessboard and the Web: Strategies of Connection in a Networked World
  • Soulcraft: Crossing into the Mysteries of Nature and Psyche
  • Lost in the Valley of Death: A Story of Obsession and Danger in the Himalayas
  • The Longevity Diet: Discover the New Science Behind Stem Cell Activation and Regeneration to Slow Aging, Fight Disease, and Optimize Weight
  • Custer Died for Your Sins: An Indian Manifesto