Start by marking “The Human Side of Agile: How to Help Your Team Deliver” as Want to Read:
The Human Side of Agile: How to Help Your Team Deliver

The Human Side of Agile: How to Help Your Team Deliver

As an Agile team leader, your biggest challenge is also your biggest asset.

The human side of Agile is tricky. It's the least manageable, understood, and appreciated asset in an Agile environment. Even if your customers are reasonably happy and your developers seem to be doing okay, you know your team is capable of more: delivering great products and staying ahe
Published August 17th 2012 by 3P Vantage Media

To ask other readers questions about The Human Side of Agile, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Human Side of Agile

Johanna Rothman
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is what I said for my review on Amazon: "Is your Agile project missing stewardship, the facilitation that would help it succeed? If so, run to buy Gil's book, "The Human Side of Agile." Chock full of stories, tips, and advice, this book will 'unwedge' your project, and position you for effective team leadership throughout your project."

Agile is all about cultural change. You can't just apply practices, whether they are technical or process. You have to observe the team--the huma
Yves Hanoulle
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: agile
After having read a few books for agile coaches, I did not think we needed another book about the human side of agile. I was wrong. This book has lots of advice, written in a practical way.
Mike Iacolino
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
There are a lot of good lessons and applicable tools in this book. However, I found it pretty boring and generally tough to get through. I know the book is formatted as a series of Q&A, but it seemed somewhat disorganized at times, where a topic would be covered in many random points throughout the book. The logical flow of certain sections seemed a little wonky as well.

Part 3 was outstanding, however, and was worth the price of the entire book.
Ashley
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read for anyone working agile, or anyone wanting to understand what agile teams face day to day. While I don’t work agile, his book helped me understand how people centric the process is.
Lauren
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Human Side of Agile gets into the psychology of teams and team members. There are many books out there on the framework of Scrum but this is the first I have read that focuses on the human side. I read this book from cover to cover and I know there will be many chapters I'll revisit as they become relevant to the team. Gil Broza does a great job using real-work examples and explanations. Normally I search the web for blog posts from fellow ScrumMasters on "real world" experiences (How did someone ...more
Olli Sorje
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something every person in role like Scrum Master, Agile Coach etc. should read.
Bob Schatz
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read for Scrum Masters who are looking to raise their leadership skill levels and ensure that they are fulfilling their role as coach and facilitator.
Bovereem
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
The question & answer structure makes the book approachable and easy to find relevant information, it also contains lots of practical handouts and tips.
Steve
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There are many books about agile leadership. This is the one to start with as it covers all of the key areas and also points you to many of the canonical resources for the role of people in agile.
Steve
Michael Lutton
Jul 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Gil Broza leads 3P Vantage, which helps organizations increase their agility and team performance with minimal risk and thrashing. Dozens of companies seeking transformations, makeovers, or improvements have relied on his pragmatic, modern, and respectful support for customizing Agile in their contexts. These days, several of the world’s largest organizations are having Gil train hundreds of their ...more