Start by marking “Wild Encounter” as Want to Read:
Wild Encounter

Wild Encounter

Alpha-to
Published September 9th 2012 by Entangled Publishing (first published August 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Encounter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Encounter

♥Rachel♥
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wild Encounter has many of the things I love in a story. Thick suspense, an unlikely romance filled with tension, and a wonderful exotic setting. Add to that, pacing that keeps you glued to the pages. If it weren’t for work, I’d have read this in one sitting.

Clare Delany has spent the last two years working on a mission to relocate a pack of rare African Wild Dogs from Zimbabwe to Zambia, in an effort to keep them safe from poachers. When suddenly she and the dogs are kidnapped she has more tha
Stacia (the 2010 club)
First rule of the wild : Never take your eye off a predator.

3.5 stars. Not gonna lie - I was sort of expecting a taboo kidnap book where there was some potential dub con or perhaps even a major Stockholm Syndrome situation going on. Whoops...I sort of missed the mark on guessing what this book was about.

Even so, I was still into this tale of a Safari-slash-kidnap-slash-bungled hostage situation book. This is a scenario I haven't read before.

The reason I took away half a star point is because
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: pbd & entangled
Shelves: reviewed
Quick review:

Cover: Nice
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess HOT
Overall: What a wild ride.
Characters: Well done.
Plot: Can some say, kidnapped much?
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? N/A
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Simon

SUMMARY (55 words or less)

Having not read the summary in a while, I wasn’t exactly clear on what was going to happen. I knew about the kidnapping, but I had no idea anything else. I think that was good. It wasn’t predictable for me. I really enjoyed this one and found myself r
Joy (joyous reads)
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-my-kindle
CAUTION: Spoilers ahead.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. What was seemingly just another case of Stockholm Syndrome and, or Lima Syndrome turned out to be so much more. If you go into this thinking that it would be just a book about poaching in Africa, then you'll be sorely wrong. And it's also another reason why this was such a surprise. The mystery surrounding why Clare's captors was determined to grab the African wild dogs in her care (other than the obvious) was def
MBR
My pace of reading has become so slow that it ain’t even funny anymore. That being said, Wild Encounter by Nikki Logan turned out to be exactly my kind of read, the kind of romantic suspense that I love to read. Intense with enough nail biting tension of the good and bad kind, with a hero that practically melted me on the spot with that intense grey eyes of his that just begs a woman to do all kind of things to him – and I mean it all in a very good way.

To read the rest of the review with quotes
Marlene
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Most people know about "Stockholm Syndrome", where hostages "have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them." The syndrome is all about mistaking the lack of abuse from their captors, or, in the case of Clare and Simon in Wild Encounter, a particular captor, for an act of kindness. Or possibly more.

At least, that's what the shrink tells her after it's all over.

There's an inverse syndrome, the "Lima Syndrome." That's t
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the first Dead Sexy title that I have read. I am not normally a big romantic suspense fan, and I’m not sure why. Maybe because the field is becoming so crowded that I have no clue where to begin? Wild Encounter hit my radar because I recently enjoyed another Nikki Logan book, and because of these three words: African Wild Dogs. Yup, that sealed the deal for me. I think they are the coolest canines ever, with their mottled splashes of color and gigantic ears. I was hoping that the dogs wo ...more
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wild Encounter Review on K-Books

I didn't really know what to expect when I started this book. I read a lot of Contemporary Romance novels but I am pretty new to the Romantic Suspense genre. I was completely and utterly drew in right from the start and ended up not putting the book down until I had finished. I just couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen.

Clare Delany is a vet on a mission to transport her precious wild dogs when her mission is hijacked by smugglers. Suddenly taken host
Kristin
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Based off the synopsis, I thought that the story was solely going to revolve around Clare being held captive in Africa but that's only half of the story. Yes a good portion of the story is when Clare is being held captive by "Alpha" and his degenerates but the story continues after she escapes. So not only does she fight her confused feelings while being held against her will but after she escapes, she's still confused about her feelings towards the man who tried to protect her while in Africa. ...more
Beth
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, netgalley
During a trip to release wild African dogs into a new habitat, vet Clare Delaney is accidently kidnapped. Her captors didn’t realize Clare was riding in the back with the dogs and now have an unexpected complication to their plan. She has seen them and needs to be eliminated. She immediately realizes that her life is in extreme peril. Assessing her captors, Clare senses that the “alpha” of this outlaw pack seems sympathetic to her survival. She decides that he is her only hope of coming out of t ...more
DemetraP
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was ok. A vet gets kidnapped, does what she needs to do to survive, and then has to deal with the fallout.

When she returns to Africa to find the wild dog pack, she finds out her captor was undercover. Now what to do? Were his feelings real? Were hers? Or was it just Stockholm Syndrome?

The plot kept me guessing but the hero and heroine needed to spend more time together. I don't see myself re-reading this.
Pamela Moran
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Cover and then the blurb are what attracted me to the book. Once I dug in I enjoyed the story, the pace, the characters. Even found myself hoping there are going to be more stories in this world of secret missions Nikki Logan has created.
Anna
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it

I liked it. Review soon. :)
Nat
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finally finished a romance novel after many many failed attempts. I loved this book! Honestly, for me it was the first half that I thought was absolute perfection (that part is five stars hands-down). The second half I thought was a great idea - I really liked that Nikki Logan provided an opportunity to see the MCs' relationship develop outside of the captive/hostage relationship they were initially thrown into. I just wish the execution was more like the first half of the book (i.e. more banter ...more
Oana
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
It's not about werewolfs as I thought. :(
Lucy Dosch
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wildlife Veterinarian Clare Delaney thought her job was almost over. All they had to do was transport the pack of wild dogs to their new location. She decided to travel with them in the transport truck to make sure they didn’t wake up from the sedation too early. Once they were dropped off and acclimated to their new surroundings, she could return home to Boston. What she hadn’t expected was to have the transport intercepted and hijacked with her aboard.

She might not know why the hijackers took
Christi Snow
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My Review:

Whoa! This book was so good and so completely different from everything that is out on the market right now. First the setting: wilds of Africa, tracking wild dogs. Then the suspense story line: It continued to surprise me with the many twists and turns. Then the romance: Love, LoVe, LOVED Claire and Simon together! OMG! This was such a good book.

Claire is a veterinarian who works with a charity organization in Africa. During a wild dog transport where she was in the back monitoring
Margaret
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

Not having read the blurb first, I wasn’t sure what I was getting into…and this story was certainly a wild ride! The story, which starts out with a kidnapping, quickly turns into a love story with lots of action and bad guys to keep things interesting.

Clare is a strong heroine, who finds herself kidnapped by who she thinks are poachers. As she comes up with a plan to escape, she can’t deny the very real attraction that she has to one of her captors – a man she has named “Alpha
Atalyonet
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
(** May contain some spoilers **)

Loved it!

This book has it's flaws, but I really enjoyed it. finished in 2 days.

After reading approximately 50 books involving a "Hostage-captor bonding", I really enjoy when a book moves this theme away from the cliches - which is exactly what this book does.

So Clare, a feisty wildlife veterinarian, is hijacked while trasporting a pack of sedated wild dogs, by 3 phsycopaths and 1 not-so-much criminals. Not like most toher books I've read in this ganre - her ordea
Angie
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Synopsis: "A wildlife release mission in Africa turns deadly when the convoy is hijacked by smugglers, and veterinarian Clare Delaney is taken hostage. Terrified for her life and her animals, the intrepid Clare establishes a rapport with the man she believes is the criminals’ leader, and reluctantly finds herself under his protection...and falling hard for the enigmatic man.

Alpha-to-the-max Simon deVries sees right through his sexy captive’s attempt to seduce her way to freedom. So when their s
Cristal (Professional Book Procrastinator)
Full Review: http://lifeasabookaddict.blogspot.com...

Clare Delaney is determined and capable veterinarian who gets thrust into one of the worst situations you can be in while on a release mission in Africa. Hijacked by a group of smugglers while she is in the back of a convoy with a pack of sedated wild dogs, she begins to fear for not just her life, but for the dogs as well. She is taken hostage by the smugglers and it is then that she picks out who she believes to be the leader and names him A
Eleni Konstantine
Wildlife worker, Clare Delaney is captured with her African Wild Dogs. She calls the leader, Alpha, who does protect her from the rougher men of the group. However, she takes things into her own hands and plans her escape. What follows in an emotional roller coaster ride for both Clare and Alpha, with danger abound.

Clare is a strong but vulnerable character and Alpha is an onion. Logan peels back the layers in a rhythm that hitches up as the novel progresses. The romance is at is centre but so
Lucie Paris
Nov 01, 2012 rated it liked it
I was seduced by the synopsis that seemed to promise action and romance.

This is exactly what I got. A well-written novel with plot twists and a nice love story. Even a Stockholm syndrome which leads to a romantic happy ending.

Maybe a little flutter on the second expedition to Africa where I wondered if the characters would enter into a secret relationship... but the author put me back on track with scenes alternating hot and cold that kept me going.

I spent a good time with some muscular scenes t
Miscjoy
Wild Encounter is a Romance Suspense set in Africa. The plot kept me guessing and the pace was quick. The story switched POV between the two main characters, Clare and Simon, and I liked experiencing the story from their different perspectives. This was one of those books that made me squirm a bit as I didn’t like the circumstances around how the romance element was introduced and that made it difficult to buy into the story as a whole…at first...

Read the full review as posted at The Bookpushers
Sydney Allen
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
While on a summer vacation, I needed a quick, smutty, exciting book. "Wild Encounter" scratched that itch perfectly for me. I finished it in two days.

This book had a flowing storyline, interesting characters, and an exciting setting. Clare and Simon's chemistry jumped right out of the pages and made me swoon.

There were definitely points where things got cheesy and bit over the top, but sometimes that's just what you need.

If you're looking for an easy read that keeps you guessing and makes your
Applefruit
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book had a great premise (heroine held hostage by undercover hero). Also, the setting and plot were somewhat original: this was taking place in the African plains, and the heroine is a wildlife expert. So far, so good. But once the heroine is captured and meets the hero, things get silly. In the middle of this abduction, she actually thinks about seducing him and has ridiculous thoughts like, "He doesn't stand a chance." Puh-leez! No one would think such stupid things during a hostage situa ...more
Beverley Eikli
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! It was the wild dogs that got me interested, having had a bit to do with them. I therefore wanted to see if the African setting felt authentic and how it worked in with the romantic suspense. Both were stellar, the atmosphere just permeating the pages while the sexual chemistry sizzled.

The plot had a real twist to it which had me guessing all the way until everything was revealed, leading, ultimately, to a great pay-off ending. I think Nikki Logan did a tremendous job. I'll definitely
Jenny Schwartz
Intense. Africa, the high stakes, the characters, relationships. Intensity is piled in, and I think a large part is because Nikki Logan makes it all feel real. The details make you feel you are there.

It's too difficult to discuss the plot without tripping over spoilers. So I'll just say that I blinked and enjoyed the twists. They surprised me.

This isn't a sweet romance, but it is a hot and emotionally gripping one. Enjoy.

Christa
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-arc
I really enjoyed this story of a woman who is accidentally kidnapped when she travels to Africa to help release a pack of wild dogs. I enjoyed the suspense, and the relationship that developed between Clare Delaney and one of her kidnappers, Simon DeVries. Clare struggled over her chemistry with Simon, although he was not what he seemed. I liked the characters, storyline, and setting of this book. They all added together to create an enjoyable story.
Ashia
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My official review for The Romance Reviews:

WILD ENCOUNTER is a magnificent piece of work as it entertains and delights while it keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Read the full review.
Book Giveaways: (RS) Wild Encounter by Nikki Logan 3 40 Oct 31, 2012 12:24PM
Free Books, .99, ...: (RS) Wild Encounter by Nikki Logan 1 6 Oct 31, 2012 08:09AM

• Risk the Night
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Worth the Trip
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Shotgun Wedding
  • Secret Admirer
  • Undercover Lovers
  • Consumed
  • Don't Look Back
  • Saved By The Bride (Wedding Fever, #1)
  • Going the Distance
  • A Just Deception (Private Protectors, #3)
Australian, Nikki Logan, lives on the edge of a string of wetlands south of Perth, Western Australia with her partner and a menagerie of animals. She writes captivating, nature-based stories full of romance in descriptive natural environments for Harlequin Enterprises and Entangled Publishing. She believes the danger and richness of wild places perfectly mirror the passion and risk of falling in l ...more