Start by marking “Phenom: The Making of Bryce Harper” as Want to Read:
Phenom: The Making of Bryce Harper

Phenom: The Making of Bryce Harper

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
"The remarkable story of Bryce Harper's unforgettable ride from Morse Stadium to the top of the baseball draft" (Jayson Stark, ESPN.com) updated from the hardcover edition (The Last Natural) to include his Rookie of the Year season!

Before he famously became a Major League All-Star as a teenager, Harper already had dominated high school competition like Mickey Mantle on the
Published March 12th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Phenom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Phenom

Ben Wood
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was fantastic i would defiantly recommend it to anyone who loves baseball, sports, or Bryce Harper. I liked how it not only told the life story of Bryce Harper but also it incorporated his peers and coaches into the book as well. I also loved how it told about the sacrifices he to make like when he didn't want to go to the school dance because he didn't want to leave practice that just shows me dedication and sacrifice. Also like i said about the way the book incorporates his ...more
Chris
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Clown book, bro! That's right I said it. This book was kind of all over the place. Apparently, there is not as much to right about Bryce Harper at this point as some would think or hope for. 355 pages of a player throwing fits, then denying that he's not that kind of ball player, then going back to throwing fits. No question about ability. Temperament is a different thing all together.

There's a reason this book was repackaged from being called the Last Natural to Phenom. It's not a good book. M
Nick Locke-henderson
Phenom, Robb Miech is a story that follows Bryce Harper's freshman season at the College of Southern Nevada. This book would appeal to anyone who enjoys baseball or just enjoys college sports in general.

Bryce Harper leaves high school after his sophomore year to attend a junior college with the hope that it will hasten his route to the MLB by one year. MLB rules state that a player is eligible for the draft one year after they leave high school, and this will make Bryce eligible to be drafted o
Cole Silva
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story about how young 17 year old Bryce Harper's journey from a junior college athlete into a MLB superstar. Bryce Harper already mad headlines when he was on the cover of Sport Illustrated Magazine at just 16 years old. Bryce Harper took giant risk in his athletic career when after his sophomore year at high school he decided to drop out and go straight to a JC so he could be drafted one year earlier in the draft. The story starts in his freshman year at CSN (College of Southern ...more
Matt
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! Phenom talks about the journey of Bryce Harper, and how focused he was on his dream to play in the MLB. The book was amazing on telling the reader the work and dedication he put in. There are many life lessons in this book. I loved this book! I would give this book 5/5 stars. I would recommend this book to anyone that loves sports, and wants to know what it takes to make the pros.
1dotson_matt
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was a good book overall. Bryce harper was mainly telling the story about his life and how he wanted to be a professional baseball player, he told the reader what he had to do to get too his position on life and how much work he had to do. The best line he said in the book i thought was "To do what you want you have to put forth the effort and work hard."
Pat
Feb 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Overall good read although confusing at times as drifts in and out of characters it's hard to keep everyone straight. Good insight of high schooler playing juco ball would be interesting to read a follow up on how much harper has learned and matured since time frame book was written.
Adam McShan
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. If you're a baseball player looking for motivation or just want to read about a very good ball player it the book for you. I enjoyed it because it told a story about my favorite player and how he made baseball a lifestyle. Overall it was good.
Josh
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
No. I don't like Harper. Yes I do like this book
Paul Zappala
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book in many ways. This book really put into detail how hard it is to make it into the MLB and how hard it is to work.
Gene
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not just a good book about Bryce Harper, but a good book about baseball and people in general. I was sad when it ended. I wish Miech could add an addendum for each additional season.
Zach
Feb 09, 2015
Peter De Robertis
rated it did not like it
May 26, 2015