Start by marking “Jar of Pandora (Symbol of Hope #2)” as Want to Read:
Jar of Pandora (Symbol of Hope #2)

Jar of Pandora

(Symbol of Hope #2)

Kasey Reese ran from a life of responsibility to study abroad in Deia, Spain. She hoped for an adventure, but what unfolded in Spain was beyond the imaginable. In that remote little village she met the love of her life, Dion - a twenty-year-old immortal saint.

Kasey and Dion return to America only to realize their love is challenged by their opposite virtues and Kasey’s dy
Published November 1st 2012 (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Jar of Pandora, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jar of Pandora

Start your review of Jar of Pandora (Symbol of Hope #2)
megHan
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in The Symbol of Hope series and I really enjoyed it. In fact, I enjoyed it more than the first one and, in all honesty, more than I thought I would. See, I'm not a fan of love triangles and Kasey and I, well, we would never be friends. She's just sometimes SO annoyingly immature, especially for someone who's supposed to be a grown-up 19 year old, who had all of these responsibilities since she was young, including helping to raise her brother. When she is trying to portr ...more
Carmen
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mythology
*Caution, slight spoilers in this review, PLEASE don't click unless you've read the book.

Jar of Pandora was a nice follow up to Men of the Cave. There was the expected- and for me, A LOT of the unexpected.

After the events of Men of the Cave, Kasey is now returning home with Dion and his brother by his side, and BOY was I excitied to see how Teal and Dion would face each other down. (I'm sorry, but I honestly find boys fighting over one girl the most hilarious thing ever, because they do it all
Erika
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Men of the Cave
I remember that I really enjoyed Men of the Cave but I felt like this book was very different from the first one. First of all they weren't in Spain anymore and I really liked the Spain part because I'd never been to Spain so reading about it was kind of like traveling there.

Then there was the love triangle. Now I'm not really a fan of love triangles. I think I only really love three love triangles but I kind of felt that the Kasey-Dion-Teal love triangle was not needed. The first half of the bo
Ronda  Tutt
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love triumphs God but Destiny trumps all!

Truths and Destiny are discovered in this 2nd book of the Symbol of hope trilogy. The author does an amazing job adding to the plot in this blend of Christianity and Mythology twist leaving the reader hooked on every word, action, and emotional outcome of each battle won.

Kasey and Dion's love is so unconditional even with Kasey's first love "Teal" being thrown in the mix making it a complicated lovers triangle. Kasey is so caring and such a loveable chara
Amber Garr
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to begin with this book...in a good way. When I finished Men of The Cave, I was excited to see where the next installment would go. And Marisette sure didn't disappoint. I empathized with Kasey's return to the states and her estranged boyfriend. Teal is such a great character and I found myself wishing for a reconciliation the whole time. Without giving too much away, it was nice to see more of the secondary characters in this book and find out more about why Kasey is so ...more
Steph at  Starry Night Book Reviews
Jar of Pandora is a unique blend of Christianity and Greek Myths with a little romance. I fell I love with the first book in the series I love Kasey and Dion’s story. In this second book the story continues and Kasey and Dion are off to America. One of the things I really love about this book is that Dion’s family is so close and they are so funny! I just get a kick out of the twins and some of the things they say and tease Kasey about.

Marisette did a wonderful job writing this book! You take
Gillian (Tattooed Book Review)
This second book in the series would be best read in series order; though some background is provided, the story is certainly much richer knowing the entire plot from the beginning.
One again Burgess takes the reader into her captivating world of Greek mythology and Christianity, set in modern times. This book takes a much darker turn: packed with action, violence, and heart-wrenchingly emotional moments as the characters must face questions of love, life, death, sacrifice, good, and evil.
As Bur
Stefan Eveline
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book continuing the love story between Dion a saint and Kasey a modern girl.
In this book Kasey returns home at her family her parents and her brother Nolan.She have a beautiful relationship with her brother Nolan.She is like a mother for him,she is very protective with him.
A love triangle is developing between Kasey Dion and her ex-boyfriend Teal.She loves them both but in different ways. Teal was her first love her first man but Dion is her soul mate and the man who understand her.
Teal is
Melonie Merritt
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
***** I was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review*****

This book had me turning pages from beginning to end. It made me laugh, want to cry, throw my kindle, and punch the characters. That is the kind of emotion that makes a great book to me. I was so captivated by the characters in this book. It was like I was right there with the characters on this journey.

You get to know Dion, his brothers, and Kasey on a deeper level. In this book these characters go back to The U.S. and you are intr
Sabrina
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book has a unique blend of Christianity and Greek Mythology but it blends so well together. I was so excited to read more of Kasey and Dion since I loved them in the first book so much. But this time they are off to America but not everything goes as planned with different virtues and families get involved.

What I loved most about this is Dion’s family. They are so close and had me laughing so much while reading this book. My other favorite is we get to meet some of the Greek Gods while Kas
Lisa Dess
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The mix between Christianity and Greek mythology is awesome. I really like how Kasey is at the end of this book... Her inner strength is felt through the pages.
Turtle
Apr 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Christian YA fans
Recommended to Turtle by: My Aunt Vera
I enjoyed this book more than the last. The conflict is much more present and uncomfortable- diverging from its humble romantic origins. The author proves she's not afraid to damage her main characters both physically and emotionally; something that even bestselling authors often avoid.

I only hope that in the future that the author takes more time to show what is unfolding in a scene rather than explaining it through lengthy monologues. I know that sometimes when there's a lot information to di
United Indie Book Blog
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
***** I was gifted a copy of this book for an honest review*****

Michelle
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was great. It had everything action, romance, death a great setting, good characters. The sleepers and Cassie go to find her grandmother and in that she meets all sorts of monsters and people that are funny and weird. I really loved this book and I can't wait for the the next.
April
Cassie
Kim Coomey
Daniela
Feb 25, 2013
Teacher, mother, and wife, not in that order. I’m an extreme Florida girl who's never seen snow. I believe white should be worn at funerals, not black. Studied at the University of Central Florida for a BA in English. I am a member of the Florida Writing Association. If I can avoid close-toed shoes, I do. Born from Cuban immigrant parents I spoke Spanish before I spoke English. If you ever see me ...more

Symbol of Hope (3 books)
  • Men of the Cave (Symbol of Hope #1)
  • Symbol of Hope (Symbol of Hope #3)