Start by marking “Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)” as Want to Read:
Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit, #3)

Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Unit #3)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  240 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Published March 5th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Guard Duty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guard Duty

Paula
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book three from the Love Inspired Suspense series "Texas K-9 Unit". Lots of action and suspense, and the dog Lexi was wonderful! Loved it!
Lisa Johnson
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Title: Guard Duty (Texas K-9 Book 3)
Author: Sharon Dunn
Website: http://sharondunnbooks.net/
Pages: 224
Year: 2013
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
My Rating: 5 stars
The Texas K-9 series begins with Tracking Justice, followed by Detection Mission. Each novel has a different author, but the main story line carries through in each book. Soon, I will have the remaining books in the series, which are Explosive Secrets, Scent of Danger and Lone Star Protector. The story line involves a mystery that the l
Caitlyn Santi
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
A new to me author! I really enjoyed this Love Inspired Suspense book. I liked the characters, especially how Trevor finally let Valerie, her niece Bethany, and Valerie's Rottweiler Lexi remove his internal walls and melt his heart! The reason I'm giving this four stars instead of five is that the romance just seemed to happen a little too fast for my taste. I really enjoyed reading a book where a dog was one the main characters, Lexi was such an awesome partner! Oh and even though this is book ...more
Kara
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
a GREAT book from start to finish, loved Valerie and her family.....lots of clean action and an incredible police dog, Lexi, who was just a tremendous part of the book! Highly recommend this one!
Mary Baker
I enjoyed this book. The author's writing was good and the story held my interest.
Wendy Sparkes
K-9 Officer Valerie Salgado saw someone coming out of a building at the time a murder was committed.

Only she didn't know it at the time.

And she can't remember who it is, except that she was familiar.

But that person also saw Valerie, & needs to get rid of her, before Valerie remembers. It isn't that easy though when Valerie's K-9 is a protection dog, & she has an FBI Agent working with her on another case - or are the two cases linked?

This story was my favourite of the Texas K-9 Unit seri
Kim
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This has been a good series so far can't wait for the next book.
Lyn
Oct 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've read other mysteries by Sharon Dunn, such as Cow Crimes and the Mustang Menace (Ruby Taylor Mystery #3) by Sharon Dunn and Death of a Six-Foot Teddy Bear (Bargain Hunters Mysteries, #2) by Sharon Dunn. I loved her wit and zany humor. Now she's writing for Love Inspired Suspense and her tone is different in Guard Duty. This book is more serious and emotional.

I liked the heroine Valerie Salgado and the hero Trevor Lewis. I think this book is part of a Love Inspired continuity series, so don't be surprised when a major plot thread is introduced toward the end but not tied up. Harlequin likes to do these 6 book series where each book is w
June
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Valerie is the rookie on the K9 team. As a new mother to her niece, Bethany, she is going through changes in her life, trying to adjust to the new position of mother. Things are going fine until someone threatens her baby. All because she may have seen a killer that she can not identify. Trevor shows up wanting her help to find an FBI Most Wanted person who is rumored to be in the neighborhood. They capture him several times but he's pretty good at getting away. Does he tie in to the other crime ...more
Merry
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read all of these books for the last couple of years, I get them each month so I don't miss out, love the Harlequin inspired suspense. I'm always waiting for the next set, I just enjoy them. The various authors are wonderful, I think the canine books are my most favourite.
Dianne Sidebottom
FBI agent is in town because his person of interest came from this town. Valerie was part of the K9 team who patrol with Lexi on her shift. Emails were coming to Valerie that her niece would be harmed if she didn't change her mind about being a witness to a crime. Law and justice was embedded in her family in the chosen profession and lifestyle of making a difference in there community. The story develops the relationship between Valerie and Trevor with police work of having a win sometimes and ...more
Joanie Bruce
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a good suspense book, but there are things that bother me in the story.
1) The young woman is raising her sister's baby as her own, yet she takes unnecessary risks with her own life.
2) She also leaves the baby with an elderly lady as her only protection when the baby's life has been specifically threatened.
3) There are not enough inspirational messages or references to God's protection in the book. The only time she mentions God or prays is when she's in a pinch and needs his protection.
E
Kara
Jul 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, suspense
These small books are good for a quick and happy read. A charming romance with some suspense and it all ends with a happily ever after! Ms. Dunn has done her research on K-9 police officers and their dogs. I really enjoyed getting to know Valerie and her partner Lexi. Lexi is an amazing animal! What dogs can be trained to do fascinates me and I loved getting a small peek into the lives of the people who handle them. Valerie and Lexi were a team, they worked incredibly well together and I liked r ...more
Pattianne
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"If you tell, you die."As a potential murder witness, rookie K-9 police officer Valerie Salgado is living with a death threat and caring for her young niece. And things get worse when FBI agent Trevor Lewis comes to Sagebrush, Texas. In exchange for her help on his case, Trevor offers Valerie protection, but Trevor has more walls around him than a maximum-security prison. And now Valerie must convince him that she, her niece and her K-9 partner would make the perfect family for him, if they can ...more
Debbie Heaton
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
In Dunn’s love inspired suspense novel, rookie K-9 police officer Valerie Salgado is a potential murder witness. While living with a death threat and caring for her niece, FBI agent Trevor Lewis shows up ready to make a deal: in exchange for help on his case, he’ll provide protection to both her and her niece. With a fortress surrounding Trevor’s heart, Valerie is determined to convince him that together they can be a happy family.

Good installment to the Texas K-9 Unit series.

Mary Beth
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
The mystery deepens as the K-9 unit of Sagebrush, TX comes ever-closer to bringing down a crime syndicate. While the bodies keep adding up, so do the number of couples bitten by the love bug.

This series is really good. I am enjoying getting to read new authors and determine if I like their style.
Delitealex
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read of the Texas K-9 Unit Series. I loved that Valerie did the best she could raising Bethany even though she had doubts on her ability to be a good mother. I also liked how Trevor didn't let his tragic past get in the way of him possibly having a happy future. I enjoyed the action and suspense in the story and will continue on with the series.
Jeanie
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book 3 in the Texas K-9's unit! I very much enjoyed seeing how the police officer endured the threat to her beloved niece, and how her team interacted with FBI. Worthy offering to the series. Highly recommend Guard Duty, and suggest reading this series in order to best appreciate it. Romance is sweet, Christian theme excellent, and continuity with other authors is great.
Cathy Beckett
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third installment of Texas K-9 Unit series and it was pretty good. I really liked Valerie Salgado's story. It had just the right amount of action for the story and it wasn't preachy. I really enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend this Christian suspense read.
Janis Kay
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-fic
It always seems that the closer you get to finding answers, you come across more questions instead. As far as the overlying plot is concerned, this is what exactly happens; making you dive into the next book immediately! Val and Trevor were a great team and will make an even better couple;)
Bernie
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Guard Duty review

Guard Duty is another awesome romantic suspense book in the Texas K-9 series written by author Sharon Dunn. Each book wraps up an episode but all are part of a bigger story.
Lyre
I wish a stronger heroine, after all Valerie was a police, not that she's weak, on the contrary she's strong both physically and emotionally, but still she need hero's protection. Though I understand how every hero's role function in a romance book, Valerie wouldn't be in such an passive position.
John Hanscom
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very good book, and unusually light on the "inspirational" part. Particularly well written were the parts about a hardened FBI agent being flummoxed by a baby. It might have had a higher rating, but there was one plot development, though necessary, which was highly unlikely.
Lisa
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation in the Texas K 9 Unit series. You will find yourself rooting from page to page for single Mom and cop, Valerie Salgado, as well as her K 9 partner, Lexi. Lexi is a true super hero.
Katie
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved the k-9 book and the fine line between strong woman and being supported. Love the series and how they tie in
Lisa Phillips
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Once again...the dog stole the whole show. ;-)

Interesting characters and I liked the mix of FBI and local police.
Doris Ware
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good series. I read it on my kindle.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Texas K-9 Unit
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Texas K-9 Unit
Category: Inspirational Romance
Bree
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the dog in this book. Interesting story of FBI agent and local cop working together. Still didn't find out who the boss is from the first book of the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Love Inspired Books: Romantic Suspense Giveaway 1 9 May 04, 2013 08:46AM
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Ricochet
  • The Widow's Protector (Fitzgerald Bay, #4)
  • Christmas Cover-Up (Family Reunions, #2)
  • Dangerous Melody (Treasure Seekers #2)
  • Stolen Memories (Witness Protection #3)
  • Dead Wrong
After 26 years of marriage Sharon's beloved husband Michael passed away in 2014. Together they had a life filled with adventure, laughter and unconditional love. She considers herself blessed to have been loved that way. She now lives with three nearly grown children, a nervous border collie and two cats.

Her love for mystery and suspense began in the fifth grade, when she found a whole set of Nan
More about Sharon Dunn...

Texas K-9 Unit (6 books)
  • Tracking Justice (Texas K-9 Unit, #1)
  • Detection Mission (Texas K-9 Unit, #2)
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)