Start by marking “Let the Dead Sleep (Cafferty and Quinn, #1)” as Want to Read:
Let the Dead Sleep (Cafferty and Quinn, #1)

Let the Dead Sleep (Cafferty and Quinn #1)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  2,716 Ratings  ·  313 Reviews
An Object of Desire? Or of Fear?

It was stolen from a New Orleans grave—the centuries-old bust of an evil man, a demonic man. It's an object desired by collectors and by those with wickedness in their hearts.

One day, its current owner shows up at Danni Cafferty's antiques shop on Royal Street, the shop she inherited from her father. But before Danni can buy the statue, it
Published March 26th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Let the Dead Sleep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let the Dead Sleep

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
So this turned out to be a pretty excellent read!

Danni Cafferty's father Angus has died and left her his antiques shop on Royal Street. In that shop he has left a special book that he tells her she needs to read.

description

Enter Michael Quinn, a former cop who earlier in life died on the operating table and has come back slightly enhanced. He needs Danni's help to track down a statue bust that is causing people to kill or commit suicide.

Danni's father never shared with her what his "real" job was. Basical
Corey
May 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Ugh. My first and last Heather Graham novel.

Formulaic plot and characters. Reads like a Lifetime movie.
Cheryl
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm a long-time fan of Heather Graham, and while this isn't my #1 favorite of hers, LET THE DEAD SLEEP is an intriguing, fun read. Heather delivers the eerie paranormal twists that she is known for, while creating a plot that is creepy and populated by quirky characters.

In this paranormal thriller, Heather takes a somewhat ordinary object and turns it into an element of terror. She never fails to deliver a great read. So if you're looking for pure entertainment, check this one out.

PS: I received
Sue
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Let The Dead Sleep by Heather Graham has been in my TBR pile for way too long and I'm so glad I read it!

Heather writes a very intriguing, chilling story in Let The Dead Sleep and I couldn't get enough of it! I loved the great mix of mystery, suspense, paranormal, and the touch of romance that enhances the overall plot. I liked how Danni is not a clear picture at the start of the book, and as more is revealed, Danni is just as shocked as I was. I felt that Heather wove what Danni is and what she
Ginny  Gallagher
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
New Orleans, voodoo, ancient evil, human sacrifice, and a new partnership against evil combine and make Heather Graham’s, Let the Dead Sleep a can’t put down tale of mystery and suspense.

Book 1 of The Cafferty and Quinn series begins with a prologue. Dani is saying her final goodbyes to her larger than life father, Angus Quinn. He is in a coma and Dani is finding it difficult to let go. She talks to him endlessly and I was as shocked as she was when Angus bolts upright and proclaims, “Lass, so l
Wanda Hartzenberg
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Let the dead sleep : Cafferty and Quinn book 1
By Heather Graham

I first discovered this author on Audible and ever since that first book I have made a point of buying a book by her at least once every three months.

The narrator of this specific book was amazing. Her timing, enunciation and her range for voices made me feel as if I were at my fathers knee, listening to him reading a familiar book to me one more time.

The story. As always a combination of paranormal and romance and this time with a
Paraphrodite
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
3.5 stars. Very much in the "spirit" of the author's other series . Krewe of Hunters and Harrison Investigations , except this series features an on-going couple.

Danni Cafferty inherited an antique shop from her father and found out that he was more than just an antique dealer and is now expected to carry on the "family" legacy.

Michael Quinn was an ex-football jock who came back from the dead on the operating table from a drug overdose, changed his life around, became a P.I. who occasionally
Gawelleb
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
C'est plus un 3.5 ...
Un type qui lutte contre les forces du mal, blond au yeux clairs ... j'ai de suite visualisé mon héros.
Il est aidé par une novice héritière d'un don particulier ... et d'un gros chien.
L'intrigue se passe à la Nouvelle Orléans, c'est pleins de vaudou, de mystères, de légendes ...
Bref, je lirai la suite avec plaisir!
Triinu
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-loetud
Tutvustuse leiab blogist https://triinuraamatud.wordpress.com/...
Carolyn
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graham-heather
I really liked the two main characters in this intriguing series set in New Orleans. Onto the next book "Waking the Dead."
Jess
Jan 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I've read a few books by Graham and I've always found them entertaining. Usually mysteries with a hint of paranormal elements and a little romantic suspense added in. This book was no exception, it was a fast paced ride from the beginning of the book to the last page.

One of the main characters is Danni Cafferty and she runs an antique shop that she inherited from her father. She is also an up and coming artist that finds herself in her shop painting the face of a woman she's never met before. Th
nurmawati
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Ada yg suka baca romsus (romantic-suspense) ?
Kalo iya, wajib baca buku ini.
Ceritanya bagus khas heather graham yg menggabungkan misteri, pembunuhan dan hal2 supranatural yg terjadi di New Orleans. Bagi yg blm tau, NO terkenal dgn praktik voodoo nya.
Bermula dr seorg wanita tua yg dtg ke toko barang antik milik dannielle (dani) yg diwariskan dr ayah dani yg br meninggal. Wanita tersebut kalut ttg patung antik yg dia blg membunuh suami nya dan minta dani mengambil ke rumah nya. Dani yg
Darlene
Mar 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
This was one of the lamest excuses for a thriller I've ever read! As one reviewer put it, it reads like it was written by a teenage girl- one that knows little about the horror/thriller genre! The plot sounded promising- I judged a book by it's back cover when I picked this up. The main character was arrogant and unlikable, the story moved at a painfully sluggish pace, and much of the dialogue and actions of the characters were laughably hard to swallow. I am a die-hard follower of the horror/th ...more
Amy
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was an uncorrected proof from Netgalley so I'm not sure if my dislike of the book is due to the formatting issues or the blah story. No, I'm pretty sure it was the blah story. I usually find Heather Graham's paranormals creepy and entertaining but I found this one ridiculous. The cast of nefarious characters was laughable and the main characters, Danni & Quinn, were just blah. I know Graham can do better.
Keri
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
HG can be a hit or miss for me on some of her books and series, but this one I really liked. I happened to catch the little short that HG wrote with F. Paul Wilson and liked the character so much I decided to check out the Quinn and Cafferty series. So glad I did. I am not prepared to call it a romance yet, but it is leaning that way. This book came off as spooky to me and I liked it.
Julie Kellner
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book stared out so well but with the mix of annoying characters let it down greatly. I'm hoping the next instalment will be much improved
Sara
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, thriller
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and all the characters :) it had a good plot and lots of twists and turns and I can't wait to read the next book in the series :)
Rachel
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun read from Heather Graham. :) I look forward to more books in this series, I liked the main characters.
Lisa
May 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This is Not one of Heather Grahams better books goes into Satanism & demons not to my liking at all
Shannon Hooks
Book one of Cafferty and Quinn is not a book I would have picked up to read. A coworker left it at work and my afternoon was going really slow. So, with nothing else to do- I picked it up and started reading. I finished 75 % of it in 3 hours or so. It would be a great summer read for vacation and I'd highly recommend it. It's not super paranormal/fantasyish. so if your not into that genre don't worry. I would classify it as more like an action/mystery/romance book. Light on the romance though. I ...more
Linda
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I have read by Heather Graham and I was impressed. The evil in New Orleans does not always cover the good and this book is about good winning over evil. Danni Cafferty inherited her father's curio shop in the center of New Orleans but she was not aware of just what this meant but P.I. Michael Quinn was there to help her and explain. Danny's father had worked with Michael on several cases but he wasn't sure if Dannie understood her role in everything. Together, they worked ...more
Marti
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mystery, romance
Atmospheric and engaging, using the City of New Orleans as both setting and character. In this first of the series novel, Danielle Cafferty's father Angus has recently died and she learns that there was much more to her dad than she ever knew. In essence, there is a statue that is seemingly at least possessing anyone who has it and wreaking havoc. Enter Michael Quinn. We learn of his interesting background and his former partnership with Angus. We also meet Billie, an employee of Angus' and now ...more
I only recently discovered HG with the Flynn Brothers trilogy (which I loved). Looking for other books to read I saw this one and was intrigued - the storyline and plot drew me in. I enjoyed the story, Quinn and Wolf were great. Cafferty - well she was annoying, obnoxious, and stupid. I “shelved” this as “Seriously Stupid Heroine” - honest to God, I don’t recall a mystery novel where the main character did nothing but tag along, complaining the entire time. She pretty much contributed nothing to ...more
Sheila HAMMERSTAD
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Detective Mike Quinn?? As in Coffee house mysteries detective Mike Quinn? Copy much? Coffee house mysteries is a well known long series. More research should have been done before using the name of another main character in a prior series. Petty, but I started off not liking this book just for that reason...
Sandy
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe 2 1/2 stars. Just found it boring. Glad when i started it wasn't all about the ghosts getting the characters to solve the mysteries but this just moved toooo slow. I wont be reading the other books in the series which is unlike me. I've also decided that I don't really want to read any of the new books coming out either.
Grace Mcmann
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
It wasn't until I finished this book that I found out it is the first in a series...I will be sure to read the next one! The story takes place in New Orleans and is a bit of a paranormal, haunted tale with very modern twists. I enjoyed it and look forward to more adventures from Quinn and Ms. Cafferty.
Pansy
Since I started this series with book four, I decided I really needed to go back and see how they met and got together. Glad I did. It answered a couple of questions I had, but mostly it was about how they met and got together. Plus I was treated to an exciting adventure through New Orleans graveyards and visits to the bayou. Good story. I might have to the get the next book too.
Melissa
Continuing on my path of escape easy reads that hold my attention, provide a good distraction, which is exactly what I need right now.... Bring on #2. The setting is New Orleans, which I love, and I like a little supernatural escape read - good stuff. : )
Karen
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yet another great book by Heather. I read this one in four days. Yes, it was that good. Great characters in Danni and Quinn, enjoyable and only a bit scary storyline, and plenty of action to keep you hanging on.
Amy
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought Let the Dead Sleep was a supernatural mystery...and I guess it was - sort of. It was a little more romancy than I was expecting. The ghosty mystery was interesting, but the surprise "bad guys" were not so much a surprise.
  • When Darkness Falls (Alliance Vampires #2)
  • Keeper of the Moon (The Keepers: L.A. #2)
  • Holiday with a Vampire 4 (Vampire Moons #2.5 / Nightsiders 0.5)
  • Releasing the Hunter
  • The Wolf Prince (The Pack #13)
  • The Witch Thief (Unbound #6)
  • Kissed by a Vampire (The Calling #8)
  • Vacation with a Vampire: Stay / Vivi and the Vampire / Island Vacation
  • Keeper of the Shadows (The Keepers: L.A. #3)
  • Siren's Call (Dark Seas #3)
  • Taming the Demon (Demon Blade #1)
  • Paging the Dead (A Family History Mystery, #1)
  • Hide'n Go Seek (Psychic Visions, #2)
  • Demon Crossings (Twilight of the Gods, #1)
  • Divine Justice (Divine Trilogy, #2)
  • Darkest Desire of the Vampire: Wicked in Moonlight / Vampire Island
  • Phantom Wolf (Phoenix Force, #2)
  • Shifter's Destiny
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham

Cafferty and Quinn (3 books)
  • Waking the Dead (Cafferty and Quinn, #2)
  • The Dead Play On (Cafferty and Quinn, #3)