Start by marking “Too Hot to Handle (Jackson, #2)” as Want to Read:
Too Hot to Handle (Jackson, #2)

Too Hot to Handle (Jackson #2)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  2,311 Ratings  ·  209 Reviews
This good girl's going bad.
Merry Kade has always been the good girl. The best friend. The one who patiently waits for the guy to notice her. Well, no more. Merry has just scored her dream job, and it's time for her life to change. As the new curator of a museum in Wyoming, she'll supervise a lot of restoration work. Luckily she's found the perfect contractor for the job.

Sh
Published March 26th 2013 by Harlequin HQN

To ask other readers questions about Too Hot to Handle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Hot to Handle

Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
I briefly got to meet Merry in Close Enough to Touch, and I was instantly curious about her. A strong woman, but one who has been put down more often than not, Merry has changed jobs many times, but she is set on making it in Jackson. Both because her best friend Grace lives there now, and because she's gotten the dream-job in restoring a ghost town just outside of Jackson. Too Hot to Handle shows a lot of the changes Merry goes th
Rose
Initial reaction: Whoa. Okay, I didn't expect this book to be as good as it was, what with a very clumsy heroine (who I'll admit I liked for the fact she gushed over Doctor Who and Firefly) and a hero who had a secret he kept burning along for a long time before telling the heroine who he really was, but I really liked this story. The steamy scenes were done well, and the chemistry between the leads was palpable and that which I followed well. I think the way the leads came to terms in the end w ...more
Desty
Judulnya agak2 menipu sih.. Shane-Merry mah ga hot2 banget, lebih hot pasangan Cole-Grace di buku #1. Trus kerjaan Merry juga entah kenapa terkesan dipaksakan.
Yang lucu si nenek gaul Rayleen yang manggil Merry dengan nama Christmas...hehe
Jess
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B-

Merry “Slacker”, as her family calls her, has never held a job for long, never had her own place to live, and she’s trying to find her passion. She knows she’s found it in the ghost town of Providence, a town that needs a curator to restore the rustic town and turn it into a tourist destination. The funds to cover this project were left by, Gideon Bishop in his will, but the man’s grandson is fighting the will, claiming the money should be
Sarah Eiseman
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Sarahsbookshelf.com:

I love series and I just finished Victoria Dahl’s newest series the other day. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the second book in the series and was psyched to have some time this Easter weekend to read it. This book will probably make my top 10 for the year and it was laugh-out-loud funny.

In the previous book, Close Enough To Touch, we were introduced to Grace Barrett’s friend, Merry Kade, who ends up being the heroine of this book. Merry is the embod
LaFleurBleue
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
So much better in my opinion than the previous book.
The heroine in this one was the best friend of Grace from the previous, but luckily she had a totally different outlook on life, positive, sunny, full of goodwill and efforts. She was absolutely delightful, and what's more never perfect, as she had a few weird initiatives to reach her ends that ultimately backlashed but were quite funny to read about.
Her hero was more difficult to like. He started his interactions with her purely with the objec
Jenn Scranton
Feb 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
This is one of those stories that you just have to laugh!! I have heard a lot about the author, Victoia Dahl, and I gotta say, the woman has talent! That being said... I hated the story.

Why the 3 stars, you ask? Because the dialog was funny as hell!!!

The plot line had no hope. It was dumb. It started dumb and it ended dumb. There was no saving that one. But what was funny was that I actually didn't mind because I looked forward to reading the quick wit!

Dahl really wrote a strong character with M
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Review also posted at

"Ms. Dahl delivered another romantic and sexy cowboy novel.” ~Under The Covers

Too Hot To Handle is the second installment for Victoria Dahl’s Jackson Series. Just like Too Close to Touch, Ms. Dahl delivered another romantic and sexy cowboy novel.

Merry Kade finds her self staying at her best friend Grace’s practically abandoned apartment since she’s been staying with her man, Cole. Taking a chance to be close to her friend, she takes a job to be a town curator and becomes pa
Lisa
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, earc
This is book 2 in the Jackson series but you can read either of these alone and be just fine. In this book we get a better view of Shane who is Cole's friend from book 1 and Merry who is Grace's friend from book 1. Merry is having a hard time figuring out where she belongs in this world. Nicknamed by family as a slacker and growing up poor without a dad she's had a rough time. She is usually perceived as just one of the guys by men she's not had good luck with men either. Finally she's got a job ...more
Cailey
Jun 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Forced upon me by Meredith with the promise of a free martini if completed, I went into this book. I was pleasantly surprised it didn't suck as much as the cover made it look like it was going to. Can we all just agree that romance covers are horrible? This book is about cowboys, ghost towns, Wyoming, and has a heroine who loves superheroes and Star Wars, there is never a pillow fight, and Merry would never wear that negligee thingy--the cover is dumb.
I liked the actual story of the book itself
Christi Snow
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Review:
There was a lot of story packed into this one book and these two characters. For that reason, there were times when the story seemed to be rambling and meandering slowly through...and getting a bit bogged down with it all.

Shane and Merry both have issues. Shane's issues date back to the men in his family which have a hard time committing. Merry's issues date back to a father who was never there and a mother who's a bit on the flighty side. But they've taken those issues and dealt with
Bekah
In Too Hot to Handle, we meet Merry Kade who doesn’t really have any roots, but it desperately looking for a place to call her own. She’s currently living on her best friend’s couch and working on restoring a ghost town into a thriving tourist’s attraction. However she soon finds her dreams of settling down and finally proving herself impeded by an incredibly hot cowboy and a pending lawsuit.

Shane Harcourt is our hunky cowboy who comes to light up Merry’s very celibate life. Shane makes it clea
Darcy
It is hard not to like this book and that is mostly due to Merry, who is very aptly names. She has a way about looking at life, one where the glass is not only half full, but usually running over.

I did hate how Merry sees herself, as someone who can't find her niche, a woman how is not sex, but merely cute and that is on a good day. I love her friendship with Grace. Grace is good for her and seemed to call her on some things that Merry couldn't or didn't want to see for herself, plus no matter w
The Window Seat
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
After reading three books by Victo
ria Dahl with mixed results, I have accepted that even though she is a very talented, popular author, her voice just doesn’t quite work for me. While I appreciate her hot sexy love scenes, I have difficulty connecting to her characters, and even sometimes dislike her conflicts. I liked Too Hot to Handle, the second book in her Jackson Hole series, a lot more than her first, Close Enough to Touch. However, there were still aspects of the book that I didn’t enjoy.
La Mala ✌
La trama no es tan entretenida como la de sus otras series ni su masculino lo genial que fueron los demás ...

Sin embargo , sigue siendo Dahl y eso quiere decir :

-Cero chistes homofóbicos (al fin una autora de romance que no hace chistes ofensivos hacia la comunidad LGBT! )

-Una femenina querible y de carácter fuerte , siempre haciéndole frente a sus problemas y sin esperar que el masculino la salve.

-Dialogos imperdibles , como este :

Crystal smiled tightly “Maybe you and your friend here should j
Meagan
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
God, I love Victoria Dahl. I can't even get into it. But I got this book from NetGalley, so I guess I have to try.

Merry is, I'm pretty sure, my favorite of her heroines. She's endlessly optimistic, even when things don't go her way. That's a trait I really value, and I think is underappreciated. I love that Victoria Dahl's love stories are always feminist. Not in the "I'll crush all men's balls beneath my stiletto heel" way, but in the way where the hero is the bonus for the heroine, not the sal
Shannon
Heroine:Merry Kade
Hero:Shane Harcourt

Shane may be flawed but hell who isn't? And this cowboy makes a heck of a comeback from his mistakes. Oh and Merry? There is nothing I don't love about her. She is strong and determined and so passionate (in and outside of the bed). I so want to be like her, minus her crappy cousins. 4.5 Stars
Lisa Filipe
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another winner for Ms. Dahl, this series just gets More Fun, More Sexy and More entertaining with each books, and did I mention the Sexy as All Get Out COWBOYS...and steamy bedroom scenes, or shower scenes (this one has one that will be steaming up the kindle screen)

Shane and Merry have great chemistry, in and out of the bedroom, and you will not want to miss their romance!!
Keertana
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: swoooon
I really enjoyed this novel, primarily because the drama didn't overwhelm the storyline and wound up being pivotal to the growth of both the romantic leads. Dahl provides plenty of guilt-pleasure wit, banter, and steam to curl up to on a cold, quiet evening and while I could have done with a little more depth in certain areas, this wasn't a bad read. Not at all. ;)
Zoe
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There was a moment in the middle of this book that I wasn't sure I bought the conflict, but the end pulled it together perfectly. Can't talk about how much I loved this book without spoilers, but I'll just say that Merry is probably my favourite heroine of all time. Shane's okay too. ;)
Jackie
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Fun to see a heroine who appears to be the epitome of niceness and good humor prove to have a backbone, too. Wish the climaxes of the two family-related plot-lines had been better integrated into the climax of the love story. Still, another strong contemporary by Dahl.
Fedora
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Four and a half stars. Victoria Dahl delivers another solid contemporary set in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Negine
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book and new series by Victoria Dahl has been so disappointing.
Rach
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
b.andherbooks
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Merry is brought in to create a museum out of an old ghost town, but soon finds out her job is really just a placeholder as the trust fights a lawsuit with the family who owns the plot and all the money Merry should have to start the project. Living on her bestie's couch, Merry has always been the quirky, too cute girl who none of the boys chase, that is until she runs into her new neighbor Shane. Sparks fly, and Merry hires on Shane as a contractor, despite not having money to pay him. Shane ta ...more
Wordsworth
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
One more example of a book whose branding is a randomly selected title and hot photo, neither of which are related to the story at all.

An enjoyable story with a vivid setting-- easy to imagine and enjoy being in. The book itself hinges on an unlikely setup-- a curator expected to work with no resources and no experience? (I'm glad that was quickly outed as a ploy instead of the ridiculously unresearched plot armature it could easily have been in a different romance. It also allowed me to forgiv
Psycgirl
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book more than I thought I would. Merry was a delight. I truly loved her character and story arch. Shane was a little harder to love. I felt like I understood a bit better towards the end of the book, but even some of his actions were hard to get past. Would absolutely recommend.
Deelylah Mullin
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
Why hasn't anyone insisted that I read something by Victoria Dahl before?!?! Her writing is smart, sassy and sultry. Definitely hot, and it doesn't insult my intelligence. I picked up Too Hot to Handle, the second title (with a novella tossed between) in her Jackson series via NetGalley. I'd always been curious, because Ms. Dahl is so wonderfully outspoken and passionate on Twitter, as to how her books would communicate her passion. O. M. G.! Happiness.

I think I clearly identified with the hero
UberApril
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-loan
This was a cute story between a free spirit gal and a down to earth work-with-his-hands guy. I enjoyed their interactions.
Kelly
Jun 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Glad that Merry found her gumption!
  • Be Mine: Sizzle\Too Fast to Fall\Alone With You (Jackson, #1.1)
  • The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9, #3)
  • How to Misbehave (Camelot, #1)
  • Her Favorite Rival (Mathews Sisters, #2)
  • Crazy Thing Called Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #3)
  • The Duke's Match Girl (Fiery Tales, #3)
  • Some Like It Hot (Razor Bay, #2)
  • The Seduction Hypothesis  (Science of Temptation #2)
  • Blue Flame (Firefighter, #2)
  • Run to You (Military Men #2)
  • Passion and Propriety (Hearts of Honour, #1)
  • Flirting with Texas (Deep in the Heart of Texas #5)
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • Practically Wicked
  • The Nekkid Truth
I have my mother to thank for my passion for writing. My mom is an avid reader of popular fiction, and I began reading highly inappropriate books around the age of eleven, I think. (Thanks, Mom, for always leaving those delicious books strewn about!)

To Tempt a Scotsman, a Golden Heart winning historical, was my first published book. Here I am signing the cover! A Rake's Guide to Pleasure (which w
More about Victoria Dahl

Jackson (4 books)
  • Close Enough to Touch (Jackson, #1)
  • Too Fast to Fall
  • So Tough to Tame (Jackson, #3)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Calico Palace: A Novel (Open Road)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Seeing Red
    $9.99 $2.99
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Trouble (St. James, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Fire (Dragonfury, #1)
  • Absolution
    $3.99 $1.99
  • My Dearest Love (Longing for Home)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Dying to Tell (Slaughter Creek, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Choices (The Love's Valley #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Secrets in Summer: A Novel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Walkin' on Clouds (Angels & Outlaws, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love #1)
  • OBSESSION
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Chances (The Love's Valley #3)
  • Nearlyweds
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Sweet Resolve (Lucky, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Promises (The Love's Valley #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Buddies didn't have touchable breasts or intriguing vaginas. Buddies were people you burped around and bragged to about other women.” 4 likes
“You know that's not what I mean! I just...I don't know what to do with men. I get nervous. I make too many jokes. I act like a kid sister instead of their fantasy sex machine.” 2 likes