Start by marking “An Act of Persuasion (Tyler Group, #2)” as Want to Read:
An Act of Persuasion (Tyler Group, #2)

An Act of Persuasion (Tyler Group #2)

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
For all the wrong reasons?

Anna Summers has always been more than Ben Tyler's assistant. She's even been more than his best friend. Too bad Ben didn't realize it until after she quit. Now that he's more like his old self after facing off against a life-threatening illness, he's ready to win Anna back.

Of course, it's not simple. One night Ben broke his own rule about gettin
Published March 5th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about An Act of Persuasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Act of Persuasion

Saly
Rating 3.5 stars

In One Final Step we read about Ben Tyler, the former CIA operative turned head of the Tyler Group and his struggle with cancer. We also read about his assistant Ana and were offered glimpses of her feelings and An Act of Persuasion is their story.

Ana left Ben after he made a decision about his health after sleeping with her and not considering her. She has had enough with being left behind, her mother did that and that happened in her first foster home as well, so she leaves, af
Molly O'keefe
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
That cover does not do this book justice. It's a meaty angsty romance that turns so many favorite romance story lines on it's head. It's boss/secretary. May/December and as you can guess by the cover, a not so secret baby.

With all of that - it's sexy, emotional and satisfying. Doyle does it again!
Coral
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Elle (Ligia)
I’m not sure about much at the moment. I’m not sure how to rate it or how I really feel about this book.

The beginning of a story is of great importance in a book, is what will either scare you away or make you keep reading, and while An Act of Persuasion’s beginning didn’t quite scare me away, it didn’t make me really excited either. Or of course it helps that I’m too curious to quit anything far too soon no matter how bad. And the fact that we’re having a sex scene practically after the first p
ChuCha
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

The Characters
Anna. I find her cool when she was not pregnant. Especially when she threw the snow globe - it was childish but she pulled it off. She thought that one night she had with Ben meant something to him, but she was dead wrong. When she heard he agreed to the risky stem cell therapy - she left. He wanted to die, and she wasn't going to watch him do it.

Growing up in a few foster homes, all Anna wanted was a home of her own. She's saving her money to
Chris McFarland
Mar 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After a life of leading teams of CIA agents through life threatening maneuvers, Ben Tyler never believed he would be brought to his knees, especially by his own body. There was no way he was going to allow cancer to kill him slowly, so he decided to undergo a drastic treatment behind the back of his personal assistant, and primary support. Now, twelve weeks later, he is cancer free, and Anna-free. Can he talk her in to forgiving him? Especially now that his future is in her hands.

The only thing
Rhonda
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 STARS

An Act of Persuasion is a romance story with two main characters that are afraid to
open thier hearts all the way.
Ben Tyler was a CIA Agent now he owns his own company. Ben has cancer and the chemo did not work. He is facing some hard decisions alone about a risky choice he is making.
Anna Summers has worked for Ben for six years as his assistant. Since he got cancer she is living in his home and helping him fight the cancer.
Ben is trying to hide from Anna what he is going to try next. They
Andrea Guy
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
his is a rather odd scenario for a romance novel. Anna is in love with her boss, who has cancer. The first round of chemo hasn't worked and he's at a crossroads in his treatment. For some reason, the site of his assistant/caregiver in yoga pants turns him on and boom! Hot and heavy sex.

Flash forward a day or two and things fall apart for them.

Flash forward again and Anna tells him she's pregnant.

Oye.

I'm not usually a fan of romance novels where the heroine is pregnant, and this one reaffirmed th
Hsiau Wei
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story started with Anna and Ben spent the night together where they finally give in to their attraction on the day Ben decided to go ahead with a transplant that may or may not save his life from cancer. Upon knowing his decision after their night together, Anna resigned from her position as assistant to Ben and leaves him for good without news. Fast forward to three months later, Anna attended a party organized by Ben, who knew she will definitely be presence. But she arrived with a purpos ...more
Cleffairy
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewed at: Library of Lights
Review date: 11 March 2011
Review link: http://mykindaland.com/?p=716

I don't usually read books from Harlequin Super Romance as they're usually long winded and lack hot steamy romance in it, but boy am I glad I picked up this one against all odds. Unlike many books published by Harlequin where the featuring hero is usually macho and domineering, this one is not. In fact, the hero in this story is somewhat helpless due to his illness and I like how he was persistent i
Becky
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This one surprised me--I really, really liked it. (Not that I went into it expecting to hate it, but--the boss/secretary thing? Not exactly my cup of tea. Or so I thought. But this book turned a lot of things a bit sideways for me.)

There is a lot of depth here. Ben's illness, Anna's abandonment issues, Mark's surprising emotional layers, Sophie's bitterness--it was all very well done, and so much more than I expected. I was only about halfway through when I knew I had to get my hands on the firs
April
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: This ebook was provided to me free of charge through NetGalley for the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments, and ratings are my own.

Really interesting tale that had my attention the whole time. The pace was wonderful and the characters engaging. Great dynamic in the relationship that made it very believable. Beautiful storytelling that entertained the whole time!

It had really great flow and did the job of making me think at times. I love a book that taps into my e
Patricia P
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: won-on-goodreads
I won this book on Goodreads and I am so glad that I did. This is not a book I would have normally thought "I am going to just love this" but I did. I am definitely going to be passing on this title to friends of mine as a book to read. Once I started I didn't like putting it down. At the end I stayed up way too late one night to finish it. The characters had flaws but were real enough not to be horrid just human. I liked everyone involved and the flow of the book was nice and evenly paced. A ve ...more
Kate Vale
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Add an employee with a long-lived crush on the boss with an employer who thinks he's going to die and one has a volatile love affair. In this particular case, an unexpected pregnancy brings them together, but will it keep them there? More specifically, will the boss, whose never been one to deal well with emotions--especially his own--will HE stick around? An issue that is fraught with baggage for the employee, I HAD to keep reading to find out.
Nicole Helm
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This went a little downhill for me at the end, and I never thought the 3rd POV totally gelled, but Doyle's Superromances are multifaceted and compelling reads. This has been my favorite book of hers. I liked and engaged with the characters. They're different, definitely not romance-land stock (even with boss/secretary former CIA), and I think that's why I liked them so well.
Tia
Feb 23, 2013 rated it liked it
I did like the novel, some parts were more emotional and welcoming to read than others. I was glad Anna made Ben wait and work for it. It was definitely worth it. Overall everything was good except the ending. I felt it was rushed and nothing with Anna's biological mother was settled.
Maureen
May 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Love these little stories for travel and waiting at places , like a doctor's office, a very light fast read.
Jacquie
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
Just couldn't get into it
Harlequin Books
Apr 18, 2013
Maria
Nov 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Her Favorite Rival (Mathews Sisters, #2)
  • Back to the Good Fortune Diner
  • That Weekend...
  • A Taste of Trouble
  • The Rule-Breaker
  • A Prior Engagement (Special Forces, #4)
  • What Happens Between Friends
  • Living Dangerously (Adrenaline Highs, #4)
  • His Wife for One Night
  • The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9, #3)
  • Romancing the Holiday (Kent Brothers, #3; Holloway, #3)
  • The Next Right Thing
  • Abby Road (Abby Road, #1)
  • Under the Hood
  • A Conflict of Interest (Daughters of Power: The Capital #1)
  • A Man Like Mike
  • The Man Plan
  • One Night with the Sheikh (Arabian Heat #2)
201802
It all started with Shanna and Star Wars. An odd combination, I know, but what people don't appreciate about Star Wars is the deep romantic element between two of the lead characters. I wasn't seven years-old when I was able to clearly spot that Han and Leia were supposed to be a couple.

Sure most of my friends, who at the time weren't nearly as mature as I was – after all some of them were still s
More about Stephanie Doyle...

Tyler Group (4 books)
  • One Final Step (Tyler Group, #1)
  • For the First Time