Start by marking “Regina Puckett's Short Tales of Horror” as Want to Read:
Regina Puckett's Short Tales of Horror

Regina Puckett's Short Tales of Horror

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Mine- A night of ghost hunting with a sexy coworker turns into a deadly game of cat and mouse with an evil spirit. Can anything save them when the spirit decides they belong to him? Crying through Plastic Eyes-A messy divorce, a room filled with creepy dolls, and a missing six-year-old all create the perfect storm for a young mother’s worse nightmare. Will Work for Food- Y ...more
Published September 7th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Regina Puckett's Short Tales of Horror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Regina Puckett's Short Tales of Horror

Melki
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
These six tales of terror all feature great suspense and encroaching creepiness, but they also showcase something missing from a lot of horror fiction - strong, capable women who perform admirably under strange and trying circumstances.

Hardcore horror fans may find some of the stories a bit predictable, but most of them took me by surprise. Basically, the author had me with the first story when she used the phrase "old abandoned mental hospital." The only words that freak me out more than those
Tasha Turner
A fantastic read for horror lovers.

MINE - abandoned mental hospital & murders by the unseen kinda scary

CRYING THROUGH PLASTIC EYES - scary & ugly dolls, oh my - wow freaky scary

WILL WORK FOR FOOD - wow totally not expecting the turn this short story took.

PIECES - another wow, didn't see the end coming, horror for sure

PAYING THE HITCHHIKER - weird and freaky

INHERITANCE - interesting and a page turner
Kerry
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
I received this book through Puckett's Amazon ebook giveaway. It has several short stories which are quick, but very enjoyable reads. Each one drew me with their ordinary plots only to shock me by the unusual twists at the end. Each one was different so that I was always caught off guard. Reading each story was delightful fun! If asked which one was my favorite, I wouldn't be able to pick just one. But, I particular enjoyed "Crying Through Plastic Eyes" and "Will Work for Food."

This book is a v
Celia Conrad
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
I’m not generally a fan of horror stories and rarely read them but what I do like are stories that are well written, well constructed, make me want to turn the page and have an unexpected twist.

Regina’s Short Tales of Horror have all those elements and certainly do not disappoint. In fact they are a devilish delight and I thoroughly enjoyed them all. If I had to choose a favourite it would be “Crying through plastic eyes.” What is it about dolls and clowns that make them so freaky?

I like the f
Brenda Seaberg
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
I loved this book! It was interesting because in each of the stories I thought I had it all figured out, and that she was revisiting old plots. However she had some really nice twists in them instead. I will definitely read more by this author!
Grampy
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a gifted copy of this book from the author, through the "Read2Review" program, with the promise that I would post an honest review within 3 weeks.

“Regina Puckett’s Short Tales of Horror” by Regina Puckett, of course, is a book you can take at face value. It was written by Regina Puckett, it contains some short stories she wrote, and those short stories are very definitely “horror” stories. They are quite good horror stories. There are six horror stories in this collection, and not one
Nancy Silk
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Great Horror Stories"

I've read many stories by Regina Puckett. She's one of the most creative authors writing in many genres. I especially like her horror stories. There are six stories here, and I've read every single one of them. "Mine" is about ghost hunting. "Crying Through Plastic Eyes" is about a messy divorce. "Will Work For Food" is about beggars looking for food. "Pieces" is about a woman's confession. "Paying The Hitchhiker" is when a woman standing on the side of the road needing a r
Olga Miret
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Regina Puckett’s Short Tales of Horror
Short but full of shocks, atmosphere and real horror
I can start by saying I loved this book. I love horror movies and I love to read horror novels and stories, so this one was right up my alley. The stories are different enough to suit most tastes, from monsters, to ghosts, from slashers to dolls (clowns even, horror of horror!). After reading `Mine' that I found scary and unsettling, I knew I was in for a good ride. I know from Ms. Puckett (I follow her on
Ionia
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book expecting the same thing I always expect from a horror novel or short story collection. I was well prepared to laugh and not feel even the slightest bit terrified. I was wrong. Okay, so I have always a had a little negative emotion toward rooms full of creepy glassy eyed dolls anyway, so maybe I was predisposed to be horrified, but the rest of the stories were equally as frightening. Try as you might, you just don't see these endings coming, and when they do, they send shiv ...more
Julie Powell
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A collection of delightfully chilling tales in which I didn't know how they would end - great - and hooked me from the beginning.

I liked the writing style, the characters and the plots. I had read one of the stories before - Will Work For Food - a wonderfully unexpected tale - from which I knew I'd want to read more by this author.

I do prefer her horror stories to the romance, but that is only personal preference, nothing to do with the talent of this author.

Stories worth reading, especially if
Tonya Carter
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness "Short tales of Horror" scared the $h!t out of me! The story "Crying through plastic eyes" was a real creeper for me. I dropped my extra pillow in the floor after reading last night and was almost afraid to reach down in the dark to get it! haha! I am a big horror fan and have read all of Stephen King, Koontz, and VC Andrews . I have to say, Regina Puckett is an AWESOME story teller! Better than some of the "big dogs"! Thanks for a good clean scare!

Berrynana
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I saw this book on amazon for free and after reading the description, I thought I'd give it a try. Boy, was I surprised! Regina Puckett is a great horror writer and I can't wait to get my hands on her other novels! If you truly enjoy gruesome, goose-bump inducing horror stories, give this a try. You definitely will not be disappointed!
Cataline
Mar 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
Six short tales of horror to fill that tiny space of time you have to indulge yourself. Admittedly, I was pleasantly surprised by different variations and inventive developments that occurred. I'm definitely partial to one of the stories as I was able to enjoy a laugh while still trying to figure out the twist. This compilation of horror stories is by far some of the best I've read from Regina.
Issa
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thrillers
Fun book of chilling tales.
Joey Ross
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! If you like to be scared, read it. Very creepy! Can't wait to read more by this author!
Paula Hill
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Scary!!!!!!!!Loved this book!!!!!
Kelly Smith Reviews
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Allow me to say something pertaining to my review: when it comes to horror, I am case-hardened. I watched Scooby-Doo and was angry when the monsters turned out to be humans in masks when I was in preschool. I used to draw vampires eating people alive when I was seven. I’ve been reading Stephen King since I was about fourteen.

I know horror. I love horror.

Regina Puckett asked me if I’d read her collection of short horror stories, and I readily agreed. I was already a fan after reading her sweet ro
Lorrie Smith
Too familiar

The unfamiliar stories had several holes in them, although creative, I think it would have been better with a few more details and some polish.
I do believe she would be someone I'd enjoy collaborating with in writing.
However, unless this is a very old book, two stories were ones I'd read many years ago.
The Hitchhiker and the last story. So without accusations of plagiarism, I'll assume she'd published them a long time ago.
As a retired police detective, the story Pieces had the de
Tara Rosin
These stories remind me of those my mother used to tell me when I was a kid. Now mind you, my mother was a GREAT storyteller and I was a bit of a strange child, preferring to be scared into a nap rather than peacefully drifting off to a story about unicorns and rainbows. Some stories were better than others (Mine, Crying through Plastic Eyes, Pieces), but overall I enjoyed every tale for its own unique storyline and creative plot twist. I wasn't expecting the endings to most of the stories, whic ...more
Fanny
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Some hits and some misses for me, I felt like each story was cut short as soon as the main character was properly introduced. Very good for spooky story time though. I'll definitely be rereading this on Halloween.
Jessica
Oct 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: could-not-finish
Well, I got through 3 of the stories. There were so many typos, and the stories were just meh so I stopped reading it. I felt like I was forcing myself to finish it and that's never a good sign when reading a book. I want to be excited and not want to stop reading. Highly disappointed.
Ahmed Elbaz
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Alle .. this lonely Girl in an abandoned building with Ghosts and Darkness , searching for her Friend , who disappeared suddenly , Alle want to go home , want to put an end to this Frightening moments ... I think these're a good material for Horror .
George Taylor
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unexpected book from an author I know for romance. Well written and thought out!
Nancy Nelson
Jan 14, 2014 rated it liked it
If you're looking for really scary, this isn't it. I did like the stories but I could guess how half of them were going to end.
Angie
rated it did not like it
Jan 04, 2014
Dimitri Kartsaklis
May 31, 2013
Trisha Marcum
Nov 11, 2015
Regina Puckett is a 2014 Readers' Favorite Award winning author for her sweet romance, Concealed in My Heart. Her steampunk book, I Will Breathe, and her children's picture book, Borrowed Wings, both received the Children's Literary Classic Seal of Approval. "I Will Breathe" was selected as a Science Fiction Finalist in the 2015 IAN Book of the Year Awards. I Will Breathe won a silver in the 2017 ...more
More about Regina Puckett...