Start by marking “Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2)

Second Chance

(First Comes Love #2)

Can two drastically different, imperfect people be perfect for each other?

It’s been four months since Gray and Dylan have seen each other. Dylan’s been traveling in Europe, while Gray has college, baseball, and a life rooted in one place. Gray’s determined to forget Dylan, the girl he fell in love with in First Comes Love. Besides, how do you make a relationship work with
Published September 7th 2012 by Katie Kacvinsky

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
1,087 books — 3,661 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuire
College Romance
1,354 books — 8,505 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2)
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Call me hopeless romantic or maybe delusional but I honestly used to believe that love was enough. If it was a feeling so strong , it should have been enough to keep two people deeply in love with each other together. I'm learning more and more that it isn't and that really pisses me off.

What if choosing the person you love, the person who may be "the one" means giving up your dream and who you are? This is basically the line of this story. It was difficult to read about how the two characters
Rachel Maniacup
Reading this is like reading a dystopian or fantasy series because it's addicting! Yes,this book has this effect on me and it's my first time to feel this way in a contemporary-NA romance genre. So I guess,It's time for me to say that this series(THE FIRST COMES LOVE)is my favorite love story now. But don't get me wrong COLLEEN HOOVER, I still love you and your books,alright?^^

As a proof that this series is really amazing,just look at this sequel..I'ts getting better and better,and I loved it
Reem Hardan
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*Spoiler alert*

Woow! the only way I can describe what I feel is that's it is exactly what Gray is feeling right now, I'm not happy about the ending but perhaps they will meet again, and it's just uuugh a wonderful book.
I loved it even more than the first one!
I can't wait for the next one!
"I stare out at the sunny horizon. And I’m surprised because I’m waiting for tears or pain in my chest but, instead, something heavy is lifting. It isn’t quite closure, but Lenny was right, I do feel better. I’m
Henz
I swear to God I’m an emotional wreck writing this review right now, I can’t seem to get the right words out and despite how broken I am with the ending it was still a fun read, I had a few laughs and swooned. I just binge the entire book and I’m anxious what would the final book be like.

While the first book of the series talks more about Gray and the exhilarating feeling of finding the right person and falling in love, SECOND CHANCE talked more about heartaches, in here we are able to know
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people with good taste
It's been over a year since I last read First Comes Love. It left a lasting impression on me. I wasn't expecting much. Just another contemporary story I'll forget soon enough. Boy, I was wrong. It was a breath of fresh air among other new adult novels with insufferable characters and stupid, pointless drama. Don't you want to read a real story for a change? Why bring up obnoxious players with six packs and insecure, beautiful virgins in the picture? Read something genuine instead!

Katie
Heidi McLaughlin
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just saying this now SIMPLY AMAZING. Gray and Dylan define soulmates and true love.

So I bought this Sunday morning and finished... well Sunday morning. Needless to say I COULD NOT PUT THIS DOWN! Not that I would've because I love... LOVE Gray and Dylan.

I had no idea Katie was writing a sequel. Not many authors continue contemp stories which I find a shame because sometimes us readers what to know what happens after that HEA - not that Dylan and Gray had the average HEA, but they were close -
Aishah
Omfg just no. Omg the ending would have been perfect if for the fact that after that you read that there will be a sequel. I was at this point of no return from a full blown cry session and now I'm kind of sad because I feel spoiled by the fact that this wasn't the definite ending.

I think I liked the first one much more than this one because we spend so much time seeing Dylan and Gray reconnect with each other and they've already spent so much time apart. I'm not saying it isn't right because
Laplumedelyla
I'm not great at reviews. At all. So here is an attempt to do to this book justice somehow.

Five stars aren't enough for this book. Let's say if I could I'll give it 2 thousand stars... Because that was AMAZING!
So Second Chance had officially joined his big brother First Comes Love on My Top 10 Favorite-of-All-Time-Books Bookshelf.

I didn't know there was a second book before yesterday. It took me like one nanosecond between the time of my discovery and when I rushed to Amazon to order it.
Katie
Dec 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than the first book! Love it so much!
Christine Alibutud
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Four words for this book: I. can't. stop. crying.
description

Now I'm not quite entirely sure whether rereading Second Chance was a good or bad thing, especially since my tear ducts are screaming in pain! This book has moved me again! I remember when I first read this series way back, and I cried the most during the second installment. Well, it's no different this time around.

Gray and Dylan brought out emotions so raw from me. I'm not joking when I said my tear ducts are in pain because it really feels
Joy (joyous reads)
Eunice
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
If it wasn't for that little note from Ms. Katie about having a third book in the end I might have been still in bed bawling my eyes out.

Review to come. :)
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
I think reading this book should come with a warning label:

CAUTION - side effects may include excessive swooning, accompanied by smiling from time to time, constant fool grinning, reminiscing steamy sweet scenes, withdrawal from the real world for awhile (sleeping and eating may be forgotten), endless bookmarking quotable quotes from the two awesome characters and deep sighs of contentment.

First Comes Love totally blows my hopeful romantic heart away and knowing that Gray and Dylan's story
Janhvi
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-book
Second Chance is the sequel to First Comes Love. I'd read First Comes Love a few months back and thought it was a stand alone with a decent ending. Though it did leave you wanting for more. So I was pleasantly surprised to see Second Chance come out. I really liked Gray and Dylan so I was quite excited to see where they're stories were leading to.

Second Chance starts off a few months after First Comes Love. Dylan has been traveling in Europe while Gray is in college trying and not succeeding
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
actual rating: 4.5

give me a minute to stop crying *goes into a final sob*

if First Comes Love was awesome this is double awesome. This broke my heart in pieces over these two stubborn people.

This book starts about 6 months after the events in First Comes Love. Dylan is again on one of her journeys to find herself. Gray starts to get angry over this long period of travel and without keeping contact. He starts to move on but unfortunately (or is it fortunately?) Dylan makes and re-appearance in
Komal
Trini
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WOW! It’s really weird but I’m both emotional but pacified by the ending of this book. This is a rear reaction for me but I think it’s because I really get these two main characters. Well at least I feel I do.
Dylan is Dylan. She is unique, talented, artistic, abstract, free thinker and sees the whole world as her playground. Holds nothing back and loves life to the fullest. Loves everyone!
Gray. He’s strong, loyal, athletic, hopeful, loving, understanding and accepting. Wants the full package
Sherna's
"...falling in love with you is like jumping out of an airplane with no parachute. It’s fun as hell, a rush of adrenaline, until the inevitable crash comes where you leave and my heart splatters all over the ground.”

You know when you try a food for the first time and you get lucky because it so freaking good? This is like, the book equivalent of that. So, so good
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I love this series. I found myself rereading the first two books before starting to read an ARC of Finally, Forever not because I forgot anything about the characters and the story, because they're truly unforgettable, but because I wanted to live in their world just a little longer. I was hopelessly lost in this book, Dylan and Gray, and all the emotions that came with it.
"I think falling in love should come with a warning label: CAUTION –
Kat
Gray:
M
Sep 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Please Note: If you haven't read First Comes Love, be forewarned there are probably spoilers! Oh, and go pick up a copy!

It's a fairly strong endorsement for a book that when I finish reading it, and find out there's actually a sequel, I buy it without question. With Second Chance, I needed to know what happened with Gray and Dylan, and it was actually hard for me to sit at my desk at work and not dive right into it.

We pick up months after their departure at the end of First Comes Love. Dylan has
Trish
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Trish by: my sistaafriend (; Love you ate nikki <3 <3
Shelves: red, vehement, euphoria
I'm crying right now....This is just....this is..wow...perfection....
They're so perfect for each other!! T_T..I'll be waiting for book 3, hopefully Dylan will come back to Gray then they'll live happily eva after.... I am so in love with their story (like srlsly u don't know how in love I am). I find it very inspirational, magical and red (I love the word red, it can substitute many words like anger, love, hurt, grudge, lust, and other strong emotions). I love the thought that Dylan doesn't use
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Second Chance takes you back into the lives of Dylan and Gray and their struggle to keep their love going.

When I first started reading it I was a little worried that it would be one of those back and forth relationships and that it would just drag out until the very end. I was wrong and I am so happy with the outcome of things.

Gray is tired of waiting for Dylan. He decides that he will no longer sit around and be depressed and love a girl who is so out of his reach. The book starts with Gray and
Lisa
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I started this 2 hours before I left campus to go home. And I finished it on the bus on my way to the LRT station, the book was really short, only 113 ebook pages.
Now.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ENDING

I honestly didn't expect that twist at all. I just gaped at my phone and people started to get off the bus and I couldn't move because WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT

IT DID NOT JUST END LIKE THAT OMG

And I was immediately consoled by the fact that there is a third book. Thank God. My heart cannot take that
Karla
Sometimes you fall in love with the most unconventional person. At the most unreasonable timing in your life. At the worst point in your life. And despite all of that, it was exactly what you needed. This is the basic story of the relationship between Gray and Dylan in the first book of this series, First Comes Love.
And all I can say is, the first book is no comparison to how this book completely shattered me.

Second Chance starts of six months after the ending of First Comes Love, and Dylan is
Zoe and the Edge
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was cringing for the first half of this book. But when they work things out, it's back to happy feelings and yay, this is amazing. I liked this book because there are the regular teenage mistakes and blunders but the author really lets you understand it all.

Dylan and Gray are not on the same page. He thinks she's abandoned him and Dylan thinks Gray is happily living his life. They both know they're in love but Gray has decided he prefers boring and reliable over spontaneous and flighty.

I
Sónia
I don't think I can put into words how much I'm hurting right now, I can't remember crying this much since The Wrath and The Dawn. This book wrecked me within the last twenty pages or so. I knew it was bound to happen, I was starting to get mad at Gray for allowing Dylan to change, if this didn't happen I know I'd hate Gray with all my heart so this is bittersweet. I'm drained right now, this was an emotional rollercoaster, one that it's both smile-inducing and heart-shattering.

I'm overly
Liza Wiemer
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 ...more
Shreeka
well.. the ending sucked...
“Because from my personal experience, Dylan, falling in love with you is like jumping out of an airplane with no parachute. It's fun as hell, a rush of adrenaline, until the inevitable crash comes where you leave and my heart splatters all over the ground.”
though Dylan may seem selfish, i dont blame her..Gray's right she is like a butterfly, they are not meant to be caught.. But that didnt mean i was happy how things ended. My eyes teared up at the end. Ive still got
Dawn   Nicholson
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
** 10 Amazing Stars **

'Maybe it's not the doors that open in our lives, but the doors that close that define us. That guide us. Because they force us to move on. Instead of thinking about what we lose, look at what we can gain. I know Gray closed this door to force me to open up all the other ones inside me. Outside of me. Around me. And now I'm stepping through'~ Dylan ~

I want to say so many things about this book, but I know if I do I will give out too much of the story for those who havn't
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Saving June
  • More Than Enough (More Than, #5)
  • More Than Him (More Than, #3)
  • More Than Forever (More Than, #4)
  • Love You Hate You Miss You
  • More Than Her (More Than, #2)
  • Miss Me Not
  • Extra Credit: Three Ivy Years Novellas (The Ivy Years, #6)
  • The Replacement Crush
  • The Assist (Smart Jocks, #1)
  • The Tip-Off (Smart Jocks, #3)
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Lucas (Preston Brothers, #1)
  • Hope and Other Punchlines
  • Incapable (Incapable #1)
  • Unjustly Destroyed (Incapable #2)
I am publishing my latest book (in 2017) under the pen name KATIE RAY. Be sure to check out my other books (First Comes Love, Second Chance, Finally Forever, Awaken, Middle Ground, and Still Point), published under my legal name, KATIE KACVINSKY. You can find out more about me and my books at my website:
www.katieraybooks.wordpress.com

First Comes Love (3 books)
  • First Comes Love (First Comes Love, #1)
  • Finally, Forever (First Comes Love, #3)
“I think falling in love should come with a warning label: CAUTION—side effects may include breaking up, accompanied by heartache, severe mood swings, withdrawal from people and life itself, wasted hours obsessing over bitter reflections, a need to destroy something (preferably something expensive that shatters), uncontrollable tear ducts, stress, a loss of appetite (Cheetos and Dr. Pepper exempt), a bleak and narrow outlook on the future, and an overall hatred of everyone and everything (especially all the happy couples you see strolling hand-in-hand, placed on your path only to exacerbate your isolation and misery). All above reactions will be intensified with the consumption of one or more alcoholic beverages.” 89 likes
“Maybe it’s not the doors that open in our lives, but the doors that close that define us. That guide us. Because they force us to move on. Instead of thinking about what we lose, look at what we can gain.” 52 likes