Start by marking “In the World of Hyboria” as Want to Read:
In the World of Hyboria

In the World of Hyboria

Book 1: The wizard Ottin'bar is bent upon conquest. He has murdered, tortured, and stolen his way into power. Now he marches to battle with an army of the dead. In his possession is a staff of magic that bore a curse, a curse that landed on the heads of two Cimmerians who were paid with poison, and abandonment.

Maybe it was fate, or the will of the gods, or just good plann
Published September 2nd 2012 by BoarerPitchford

To ask other readers questions about In the World of Hyboria, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the World of Hyboria

Lawrence BoarerPitchford
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, of course I love this book, because I wrote it. Having said that, it is a work of fan-fiction using the world that Robert E. Howard created for his Conan stories. I read the Conan short stories as a youth and again a few years ago. To me they are as good a work of barbarian fantasy as one can get. I hope that my homage to him in this 10 chapter novella does his world of Hyboria justice.

The book is two stories (5 chapters each) centered around the three characters Grimface the wizard, and
Aaron
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very quick read, which is perfect for me. Two knuckle-dragging yet tactical barbarians and a wizard on a taxing adventure. Plenty of mischief and action abound this story. A little shortsighted on plot but overall a very good read.
Gary
Mar 11, 2014
Patrick Jones
marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2012
Lucy Pireel
marked it as to-read
May 07, 2013
Within the fiery crucible of the abyss of time I was conceived. From that sticky, and unwashed oblivion emerged the man that clawed his way to the bottom rung of the ladder of life. From there, only up was the clear choice, and it is to that second rung that I pulled myself up to. Through heroic trials and burnt offerings, a muse came to mind, and with it the passion to put ink to paper. Unfortuna ...more