Start by marking “The Convenient Bride” as Want to Read:

The Convenient Bride

Sienna De Luca will do anything to save her family's hotel, and ruthless Italian businessman Antonio Moretti knows it. With problems of his own, he proposes a marriage of convenience and plans to use Sienna to secure his next business deal. But things don't go quite according to plan.

In keeping with her part of the bargain, Sienna travels to Venice to be with Antonio, who
ebook
Published September 2012 by Destiny Romance (first published August 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Convenient Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Convenient Bride

Dinosaurs & Cherry Stems by Susan Jean RicciRoses at Dusk by M.W. RussellBreaking the Nexus by Lindsay AvalonSeal of Destiny by Traci DouglassFor Whom The Bell Tolls (Vlad Dracula, #1) by Shane K.P. O'Neill
Best New Author Books
1,326 books — 1,548 voters
Bound by Her Ring by Nicole FlocktonSkull Flowers by Jazon Dion FletcherFish Out Of Water by Ros BaxterFast Forward by Juliet MadisonWhat Love Sounds Like by Alissa Callen
Escape Reads
89 books — 122 voters

More lists with this book...

Anna
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it

Review posted at Books to Brighten your Mood

When I started reading The Convenient Bride, I really didn't know what I should be expecting from this novel, seeing there where no reviews for the book at the time. So I just relied on the premise of this story and on my gut feeling and I'm glad to say that I wasn't disappointed by this story in the least.

The Convenient Bride is your typical, romantic story featuring one of my favorite tropes in the genre, the one of the marriage of convenience (which
Desere
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me but as always I love to give all a fair change and so when the opportunity came to read I grab at it.

The book was a real page turner, the characters just screamed at me ,they were so real. And the author packed vivid emotion combined with loads of hot passion into one excellent read.

The author's stunning story of love,secrets and a large dose of blazing hot passion was simply put ......FABULOUS !

I loved how the author used superb characterization to bring her character
Nas Dean
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Convenient Bride

THE CONVENIENT BRIDE by author Jennifer St George is released by Destiny Romance.

Antonio Moretti came to repossess a hotel for defaulting on his mortgage payment. But when he met the owner's daughter, sparks flew.

For his personal reasons he makes a proposition to Sienna De Luca for a marriage of convenience. She strikes a deal to get back her hotel after one year. It was a marriage of convenience only. But can they deny their growing awareness of each other? And what would ha
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a great short read. I loved the characters. I liked that Sienna was a strong woman and didn't just do as told and challenged Antonio. His character did have some growing to do which he did of course. The steam level was hot without being too graphic. I love these kind of stories-millionare needs wife to close a deal and eventually falls in love. Overall I have recommended this book to friends and will be reading it agian.
Recieved via netgalley in exchange for honest review.
Bernadette Rowley
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
This debut book from Jennifer St George has a beautifully authentic Venetian setting. I loved its exotic places and the fact that the hero took it all for granted. Sienna continually surprised Antonio who had been bored by the women in his life. She was down to earth, family-oriented and beautiful- a genuine Aussie with Italian roots. I really enjoyed this story and can't wait for Jennifer's next offering.
Dana Mitchell
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: destiny
Jennifer, your story really resonated with me. I love that your hero, Antonio, who comes across sometimes as extremely cold and clinical became worthy in the end. And Sienna, who was a beautiful innocent in such a worldly setting...*sigh! This story had all the elements of a great romance. Can't wait to delve into your next book!
Venetia Green
Nov 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
A contemporary short romance dense with emotion, conflict and wonderful places in Italy! A great debut.
Sheryl C. Nash
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
VERY GOOD DEBUT, THROUGHLY ENJOYED IT.

Proper review to follow...
Paula  Phillips
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Following on my journey through Penguin's new line of Destiny Romances, I bring to you Book #3 in my reading "The Convenient Bride" by australian author Jennifer St. George. This book spans between Melbourne and Italy as we meet hoteliers Sienna DeLuca - the Plaza Hotel in Melbourne as been in her family for hundreds of years but now due to debt she has landed herself in an unfortunate situation and her families legacy is about to be brought my multi-millionaire Antonio Morletti - a worldwide fa ...more
TashNz
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so lucky to win this fantastic debut stoy by Jennifer St George over at Cherie Le Clare's Blog (who by the way is a fan.tas.tic Kiwi author).

The Convenient Bride is a story as devine as the cover!

Sienna has no choice but to accept Antonio Moretti's proposal - a marriage of convenience proposal. She is instantly whisked away from Melbourne, the only home she's ever known, into Antonio's wealthy, first class and upscale world in Venice. Sienna has Italian roots but she's like a fish out of w
Jenny Schwartz
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sienna is a wonderful heroine. Real in her commitment to family and her longing for her own dreams. I appreciated her down to earth response to the Cinderella effect of Antonio's entrance into her life.

I don't want to risk spoilers ... so what can I say? You'll enjoy the emotional journey and the scenery along the way is gorgeously and lovingly described.

Antonio is a perfect alpha hero, that mix of damn-it-all-do-what-I-say and loving and indulging his woman.

Strong emotions give the Cinderella t
Rowena May O'Sullivan
Absolutely loved this book and a timely read I'm thinking considering it is set in Venice and the wedding of George Clooney was happening around the time I was reading this book. Just loved the characters Sienna de Luca and Antonio Moretti in this story and I was brought to tears as the characters evolved and we learned their story. This was a beautifully written story and I was hooked right from the very beginning and read it in one day, which is rare for me.
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
Set in opulent surroundings thats choc full of wealth and posh hotels, this is a quick and quite engaging read. I got drawn into Sienna's and Antonio's story and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Maybe it's because I am a sucker for Billionaires and their wicked ways of doing things that's portrayed in books, maybe it's because I love an European flavour, but one thing this book did actually have depth and emotions. Yes it's predictable but it's written in a way you can't help to get drawn in.
Leisl Leighton
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This might be Jen's first book, but you can't tell. I really enjoyed it. Finished it in one go. It was an easy read and predictable in the kind of good way that this kind of romance book should be. THe romance was a little slow at the start, but then, the when they fired up, the burn was good and really made me want them to get together.
Jen does the OS locations really well. I've been to Venice and I could see it all again so clearly.
A really great read. Bring on more.
Mary Costello
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books where you get entirely absorbed in the dream. I particularly enjoyed the jaunt to Venice and the imaginative encounter with the high life. Worth reading for the architecture alone; but there's also a romance that's a lot of fun.
Marimarime
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
3-4 stars,I was expecting more considering previous reviews,though it's fairly good and quick read at times it feels rushed and shallow?!
Shona
Jan 07, 2018
Mandy
Mar 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Jennifer St George is a best-selling romance author whose sexy stories feature courageous, career-minded heroines and strong heroes in glamourous international settings. Her debut novel, The Convenient Bride, was published in mid-2012 by Penguin's digital-first imprint www.destinyromance.com. The book won the prestigious NZ Romance Writers 2012 Clendon Award. Her next four novels, Seducing the Sec ...more