Start by marking “Happy Animals” as Want to Read:

Happy cat.
Happy dog.
Happy frog, on a log.
Happy owl, in a tree.
Happy ducks. One, two, three.

A book of happy animal pictures with simple rhyming text, and a happy ending!
Published March 10th 2011 by Gerald Hawksley

To ask other readers questions about Happy Animals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Animals

Briar's Reviews
This book was a super cute picture book about happy animals!

Happy cats, dogs, and frogs are just some of the ridiculously adorable animals showcased in this book. I really liked the cartoon-y art that was featured within the book. The colourful pictures gave the book a friendly and fun feel, which makes it perfect for the target audience.

There is a rhyming scheme, which seems a little forced at times. Dogs, frogs, tree, three, etc. Despite this, I think the book was a fun book for the younger ag
Janelle
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The name says it all. This is a delightful rhyming picture book sure to put a smile on the faces of all its readers and young listeners. The pictures are uncluttered, bright and attractive, while the text is simple, repetitive and engaging. I'm sure this will be much enjoyed by young animal lovers. I can just imagine my now 22 year old son loving this 20 years ago.
And as a bonus, the kindle version includes Sleepy Animals. What a great package.
Yacrista
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

The pictures were nice and the words were easy to read in a simple, flowing way. I loved reading it from beginning to end.
Sultan * Baby Mama Smut-a-teer*
Carmine and I enjoyed the pictures in this book.
R.J. Rodda
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
An enjoyable read-a-loud.
Nicole
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Excellent rhyming but no real substance to the book. ‘Happy animal, happy animal, happy animal, rhyme to second.’ Nothing else.
Velvet Messer
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
I downloaded this book because I loved Happy Hat Day and Ghosties by this author. My son said to give it five stars but I was disappointed. It is nothing like Happy Hat Day and Ghosties. However being that my son could read it to me made it worth it!!! I plan to download many more of this authors books!!!
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
I used this today in my Art Through Stories class and the kids went nuts. It is perfect for a read aloud. It is simple and adorable and gave me lots of chances to talk about animals, their sounds, the colors of the animals and so much more. I also made some adorable art projects: worm coming out of the ground, three ducks in the pond, an elephant mask and a snail. I am planning on posting this on my blog later today! There are endless ways to make this book into an experience for your child. A h ...more
Lynn Demsky
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a colorful bright picture easy reader book --- great for colors, animal identification. Little children cold pick out words they know and maybe start a picture with the colorful pictures of the animals in the book - or figure out what they were happy about! Also include a free book: Sleepy Animals which is the same type of book but all of the same animals are now tired! Cute and imaginative!
Mikailah Shackleford
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It has a positive vibe to it because it shows many animals smiling and being happy. It would be very easy for children to read because there is no high vocabulary words. I really enjoyed the illistrations. They were good pictures and made me happy! It also has a nice rhyme, such as "happy cat, happy dog, happy frog on a log". Very cute book for children to read and relate to!
Angela Lambkin
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great early reader ebook of happy and sleepy

I chose this for it being such a haooy and educational ebook. Plus a short & simple one. Very colorful,too. I wish to recomnend this for kids ages 0-5 & or in grades P-K.
I received rhis ebook for free using KU, in return, here is my honest review. Super job Gerald! By Sunny
Nov 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
(Read using Kindle Unlimted)

This was a cute kids book which basically just consisted of picture of smiling animals. Quite repetative, but my 4-year-old liked it. He wasn't sure what a 'gnu' was though (apparently it's a wildebeest - thanks kindle dictionary).
7.5 out of 10
geraldine
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovely bedtime story for younger children.

Very nicely illustrated book , 2 short rhymes with lots of pictures to keep little ones happy, my 2 year old loves it, and so do I because it's a short read !
Samantha
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sweetness.

The illustrations are adorable. The variety of animals are good. Definitely cute enough to read to children, as well as by myself. I'm planning on reading it to my 7-year/old, animal-loving son.
Elysa
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Happy toddler

We have several books by this author. This particular one we got for free in ebook format. The illustrations are cute and eye catching. The toddler giggled most of the way through. Easy rhyming makes it fun enough to hold his attention span for the whole book.
BlackhamBoys
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another good book from Gerald Hawsley. I've liked everything of his we've read so far. Very cute illustrations, easy wording (my little guy read it to me), nice flowing rhyme. Read on the Ipad Kindle app.
Holly Lenz
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute collection of two picture books

Happy Animals is a cute children's picture book with an added bonus book included. Both stories are wonderful to read to young children or for early readers to read to themselves.
Gaby
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Simple but cute pictures of happy animals, with a message to take care and love animals in all forms and sizes. Very cute, bright colors and rhythm, great for teaching toddlers about animals.
Roy
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Short But Good

I read this book to my 5 year old son. He enjoyed that it was short, full of colorful pictures, and had some rhyme. I do recommend this children's book.
J Layne
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute book. Very simple, for toddlers.
Sandi
Great for a toddler or even a beginning reader as the rhyming text and variety of animals make this one quite cute.
Autumn Beahm
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Simple and fun

Such a fun simple book. Easy for little ones to pretend to read along by saying the names of the animals.
Acv2
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Cute illustrations, whimsy rhymes and bright colors will capture your toddler's attention.
humphrey
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute pictures!

there is no story in this book. the pictures are very cute! would definitely recommend this book to kids who love pictures, painting, and animals!
Valerie Vansomeren
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good for toddlers

Holds a toddlers' attention, and would be a great book for early readers. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this for both age groups.
Cathy Hocanson
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cute, colorful

I would recommend to everyone! Simple, recognizable, colorful illustrations. One sentence per page story line. Great for children learning to sit still.
Lia Brent
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I gnu I would like this book by Gerald Hawksley because I already read and liked Jake Bakes Cakes! (Confession: I did have to look up the word gnu.) In the rhyming style of all good board books for the very young crowd, this read-aloud book does not disappoint with short, sweet rhymes and bright, colorful illustrations. The bonus book, Sleepy Animals, included at the end of this book, has the same cast of animal characters and is perfect for a bedtime story for this age group. Why are the animal ...more
Steven Adkison
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun book with two uses

I look for books with simple pictures having bright colors. This book has both making it good for language development. Activities from repeating words about those pictures to saying their own sentences is how this book could be used as a piece of teaching material. This book can also be a fun book to read with kids.
Wendy Lovell
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is simple, rhythmic, colorful and informative. Any child would enjoy it.
Pam Funke
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book was cute. My grandbaby enjoyed the pictures and story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • LETTUCE!
  • The Deep and Snowy Wood (Christmas Picture Book)
  • Chicken Does Not Want to be a Chicken
  • I Love My Mom
  • Bubbles: Big Stink in Frog Pond
  • The Sneezing Christmas Tree
  • The Awkward Owl
  • Bell's Big Move (Bell, #1)
  • Cat Traps
  • Nuts: Every Family is a Little...
  • Mrs. Gorski, I Think I Have The Wiggle Fidgets
  • Budding Reader Book Set 1: Cat and Rat (Ten Books)
  • Davey the Detective
  • The Mouse and the Christmas Cake
  • I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words
  • The Worst Book Ever: An interactive read-aloud for reluctant readers
  • Henry Burp - Mind Your Manners
  • Fred and Ted's Road Trip (Beginner Books(R))