Start by marking “Some Enchanted Season: A Football Romance” as Want to Read:
Some Enchanted Season: A Football Romance

Some Enchanted Season: A Football Romance

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Kevyn Llewellyn needs a god.

She must have exactly the right model for Darius: Warrior-God of the Gray Planet, or she’ll lose the contract to illustrate the rest of the series. When she sees him—none other than NFL football player Rusty Rivers—she does the absolutely logical thing: she kidnaps him. Or rescues him… it depends on whom you’re asking.

Rusty Rivers is no god.

He’s
ebook
Published September 25th 2012 by Book View Cafe (first published August 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Some Enchanted Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Enchanted Season

Tara Chevrestt
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, romance
As I read the last page of this book, I was very moved by the message within. Overcome. Never give up. Don't let others stand in your way. It was something I've been needing to be reminded of.

The heroine is an artist who has a disability she's deeply self conscious about. She'd rather people not know it; not because she's ashamed, but she's tired of the looks and judging. As a woman with a disability, I could totally relate.

She meets the hero when she's searching for the perfect book cover model
Peg
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this ebook from another site in exchange for an honest review.

This is a light read with romance, secrets, emotions, and a feuding family. I found it very enjoyable. Our heroine's disability gave the book depth. It's obvious that Ms. Burroughs did her research regarding the disability and she provided us with valuable information on how much suffering it causes.

The characters were believable and realistic. I especially enjoyed the mention of the Washington Redskins since I used to liv
Rebecca
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by Patricia Burroughs, and it was excellent. IT's set in the early 1990s, but other than a reference to a pay phone, most of it could take place today. I loved that Kevyn was such an interesting heroine (artist with dyslexia) and that Sergei/Rusty was such a complex hero instead of just being a dumb jock. Highly recommend this one!
Helena Cooper
Sep 12, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars from me. I liked that it was about a football player who wasn't the star of the team but found it hard to connect to the main characters. For me they lacked depth and the story skipped along without being padded out
Jennifer Stevenson
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
gotta love a book where the heroine kidnaps the hero
Gloriamarie
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I read this for the Diverse Reading Challenge which suggests we read outside our comfort zones or read books we wouldn't ordinarily select. Since this book has a football player for a hero that is definitely outside my comfort zone because I think of football as a liturgy of legalized violence. Considering that this hero is playing football with an injury, I think my view of football is upheld.

Excellent plot and character development. I am a fan of Burroughs' work and she has mastered these skil
Susan
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love a good, steamy romance that has a great story to go with it. Add in some drama, realistic emotional issues or personal trauma, and I'm usually a very happy reader. With Some Enchanted Season, the two main characters: Rusty & Kevyn have absolutely
nothing in common, or so they think. Once they get to know each other, the find they do have some common ground - being bullied as children for being different. And their struggle to find normalcy in a world that they do not think can accept t
Denise Stout
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: american, romance, steamy
Artist Kevyn Llewellyn is in need of a model for a book cover and the deadline is hanging over her head. She needs the money desperately. When the perfect inspiration--jock Rusty Rivers-- practically falls in her arms from exhaustion at a triathlon, she knows she must act quickly. She rescues, er “kidnaps” him, and sketches him while he sleeps, nude and in her tub. He awakens and isn’t happy. He’s not your ordinary jock; he happens to be a professional football player. She’s clueless about footb ...more
Annie Talbot
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a revised version of an old favorite... The story of Kevyn, an artist with a difficult limitation, and Rusty, a football player nearing the end of a surprisingly mediocre career. They meet when she's seeking a god, a man to model for her latest cover illustration, and he's half killing himself, trying to win a bet.

Sparks fly almost immediately, when she kidnaps him (or rescues him from his foolishness, depending on your point of view). They part, but can't forget one another.

Each seems c
SarahSmith
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this as an Early Review ebook through LibraryThing. Overall I thought this story was good. I thought the romance blossomed very well and even though both characters were very frustrating at one point or another I think they eventually worked well together. I would have liked to have seen a little bit more humor from the story even though the overall message of overcoming the hurts of your past particularly bullying is not light hearted material.
Candace
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
The thing about this author, who is also my friend and mentor, is the way her writing grabs your emotions and doesn't let go even after you've finished the book. As I said about another of her books, La Desperada, this is not some "lite" romance read. It has depth and tenderness. The characters have emotional wounds that are discovered gradually as you get to know them, just as in real life. Yet Kevyn and Rusty are not victims; they are warriors. I promise, you will care about them.
Susan
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice story. Being from Shreveport enjoyed the references.
Hard12luv
She was looking for a God, he was looking to win a bet. She was afraid of what she couldn't do and he learn to give it all. In the end they both learn to not give up.
Barb Pavlechko
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some Enchanted Season

This sports romance was a delight to read. The unlikely couple of an dislectic artist and a aging wide receiver touched on many important issues that still need to be answered in today's society. The addition of her crazy nephew adds a touch of humor.
Coral Mitchell
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kevyn is in desperate need to finish her project, but she must find a model for the cover art to work. She finds Sergei Rivers, a participant in a crazy race, and brings him home to care for him and convince him to be her model. Rusty is amazed Kevyn does not know who he really is but cannot bring himself to admit to her the truth. Neither can ignore the intense pull between them but Kevyn is hesitant to open up to Rusty. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Tonya Peterson
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rusty Rivers is a pro football player that was playing in a triathlete tournament when Kevyn saw him for the fist time and thought he would be great for her cover page of a book. But as time went for caring for him she discovered who he really is and he found out her deepest secret. Working together is what love is all about.
Tammi
Matthew Tobinx
Jan 07, 2016
Sheri
Oct 10, 2012
Award-winning screenwriter and bestselling novelist Patricia Burroughs—Pooks—began her writing career in romance with five published novels. She received nominations and recognition from RT Reviews and was a Finalist for Romance Writers of America's RITA.

For a time, Pooks was lured away from her novels to pursue a career in screenwriting, where her story-telling gift again won her recognition in t
More about Patricia Burroughs