Start by marking “The Truth About Faking (The Truth, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Truth About Faking (The Truth, #1)

The Truth About Faking

(The Truth #1)

Jason just wants a date with Harley.
Harley just wants a date with Trent.
Trent's still getting over Stephanie.

When Harley and Jason decide to fake date, they uncover a school of deceptions. Trent's got a secret, but so does Jason. And the more time Harley spends secretly kissing her fake boyfriend, the further she gets from her dreams with Trent.

Worst of all, Harley's mo
Published September 1st 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Truth About Faking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Truth About Faking

Leigh Moore
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
TTAF is one of the first books I ever wrote. It's a happy little love story that I hope will make readers smile, swoon, and fall in love.

Maybe it will surprise you, maybe it will share a little something about how trying to make people be what they aren't is bad and how change is good. But mostly I hope it warms your heart and spreads the joy. <3
Eunice

The Truth About Faking is one sweet and cute read. I have always love the idea of two people faking a relationship but would eventually developed feelings for each other. Reading Harley and Jason's story was a fun and enjoyable experience.

Harley had a crush on Trent for quite a long time so when Trent's girlfriend broke off with him Harley made plans on how to win Trent over and be his boyfriend. However some of her plans went flying out of the window when the new student, Jason, came.
Arlene
Rating: 3.5 Stars

I had the pleasure of receiving a copy of The Truth about Faking by Leigh T. Moore for review and after reading the synopsis I have to say I was definitely intrigued. When I jumped into this book, it took me about 50 pages or so to catch the cadence of the narrative and enjoy this light YA Contemporary novel about love, friendship and learning to live with your choices.

In this story, we meet Harley who’s had a crush on Trent for quite some time. So, she takes matters into her o
Jolene Perry
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is FABULOUS.
Great story.
Amazing love story.
It's everything I adore about YA contemporary.
Kami
Sep 08, 2012 rated it did not like it

I am seriously giving myself gold stars for finishing this...it was not what I expected at all. In this case, that is NOT A GOOD THING

The story is disjointed, annoyinging and predictable. Evidently, everyone's problems are solved because someone else is gay. The author was trying to make a point about stereotypes and living in dreamland, well Ms. Moore, try harder next time.

Initially, I was overwhelmingly annoyed. Harley is ridiculously disillusioned even for a 16 year old and her friend
Lisa
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie

The Truth about Faking had all the elements of a great YA book. It had a strong story line, wonderful characters and was clean enough for a teenage girl yet entertaining enough for me! I read so many YA novels with damaged characters, which I love, but I also like this type which centers around relatively normal teenagers dealing with what life throws at them.

Harley (love that name) is a typical teenage girl. She worries about how she looks, finding the perfect boy who can give her that perfect
Angela
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not . . .

It can be hard when you're a teenager with a crush. Not only do you have to compete with all those raging hormones, but it's easy to idolize someone that doesn't idolize you back. I remember those years, and man were they painful. I was so shy I had a hard time ordering a burger at McDonalds. How on earth could I talk to boys?

In Leigh T. Moore's book, The Truth About Faking, Harley has a similar problem. She's obsessed with a boy na
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
Photobucket

***Copy provided by author for review***

Harley is your typical boy-crazed girl. She has had a crush on Trent for the past year, and now that his ex dumped him, Harley can put her operation: get Trent to ask her to the Luau plan into motion. On her way back from buying a dress to impress Trent, she is suddenly rear-ended. The guy who rear ends her turns out to be Jason, who happens to be the new guy in town. He tries to flirt a little with Harley, but she is so distracted by her plan to pay mu
Melissa
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemp
Plot 8/10: This book sounds like it would be a love triangle, but it's more of a love pentagon. It's also very realistic to how relationships work in high school where everyone dates each other's exes. I remember my senior year I worked at Applebees and it seemed like every week a couple would break up and go out with new coworkers. Things got messy, just like they did in this book. Although I did figure out the big twist before it happened, my interest never faded. I had to find out how it woul ...more
Carla
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS WOULDN'T GIVE THE BOOK JUSTICE. IT DESERVES A LOT MORE THAN THAT. 10 stars! ♥ **spoilers ahead

It was late at night, around 12AM, when I suddenly decided not to sleep early and read a book instead. I decided to read this one. I've had a copy of this book for a little more than two months, and whenever I wanted something to read, I've always read something else. I was skeptical about this one. I can't believe that I didn't read this sooner. The best book I've read this March 2013, no kiddi
Lori
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: indie
I know what you are thinking. I NEVER rate anything under 3 stars. This doesn't mean the book was horribly unreadable. I read it in one sitting. It was cute. But predictable. I know, this is a YA contemp romance. It's not like this book was put out to change the world. I know that. It just wasn't completely satisfying.
If you are looking for a cute, quick, fluffy read then I think this might work. But don't expect big butterflies or huge plot twists.
I should note. No matter what your friend is
Abbie
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
The Truth About Faking bored me.

Harley annoyed me most of the time.
Her fixation with Trent irritated me, and i really didn't get why she was so obsessed with the idea of him being the one.
I didn't really like any of the other characters either. They were either annoying, dull, or both.

I was bored for the majority of the book, and it felt a lot longer than what it was because of it. The ending was probably the least dull part in the whole thing , but i was so relieved that i was finished, that
Trisha
Mar 26, 2015 rated it liked it
No matter what the grownups say, people do put you in boxes and label you.

This was cute. I found Harley to be a little young and naive at first - annoyingly so. But I did like her growth and maturity as the book continued. I was a little frustrated with some of the LGBT stereotypes but it's hard to knock a book that actually brings the topics up. It was done with respect at heart and I did appreciate that.

Jason was adorable. But I did find her mom frustrating.
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very predictable but it didn't stop me from loving it!
Tiffany Holme
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was such a cute and realistic contemporary novel. When I received the email about reviewing this one it was an immediate yes! I have had such good luck with Indie contemporary novels and the synopsis for this one sounded so promising I couldn't wait to start it. I got my chance while on holidays and to be honest I didn't put it down! I read it from start to finish without even realizing it. The story just has so much fun, emotion and twists that you don't want to put it down.

The story is b
Book Lover
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Truth About Faking was introduced to me by AToMR book tours. I was intrigued by the synopsis and was eager to read it. After finishing the book, I had a huge goofy grin on my face. TTAF was one of those books you leave feeling happy and like you're walking on a cloud.

The plot of this book was captivating and had it's unexpected moments. I guess this is one of those "don't judge a book by it's summary" type of situations because while the synopsis gives you an overview of the book you are yet
The Sweet Bookshelf
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Whoa. This book needs to be on your radar. No joke. I was all over it. If you liked Anna and the French Kiss or The Summer I Turned Pretty then you will like this one. I love this cover! It fits with the story line well. Plus I think the guy is hot in it. I could just stare at him all day.

There is a creek in the neighborhood that Harley, Jason, Trent, and Shelly all end up meeting at at different times during the story. It's almost like a safe place. I found myself eager for the next time they
S.A. Larsen
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to S.A. by: I would like to thank the author for providing a copy for an unbiased review.
A sweet, young romance of chance, choices, and a little stubborn tease.

First glance at the cover image (including the font choice, which I love!), and you just know sweetness is on its way.

Harley has a strong sense about her, yet a snippet of spunk that threatens to escape through each of her words. She has that typical girl sensibility about her, characteristic of a high school girl from a small town. But there's also a depth to her that, for a while, not even she can see.

Now Jason is just so .
Clarissa Draper
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-books
This is a YA love story.

Because I'm a mystery writer, I wasn't sure I would like this YA book. I've read books like this in the past and have a hard time getting through them. However, I seriously couldn't put this one down until I finished it.

What I loved:

(1) I loved the characters--especially Jason. The main character had her flaws (she was stubborn--like her mother--and because of that, often couldn't understand the people around her) but also had so many wonderful qualities I wanted her to
Kyra
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I confess, I totally judged this book by its cover. I saw the pretty, and I wanted to see what was inside.

I wasn't disappointed AT ALL.

Harley is actually a slightly more complex character than she first appears. She's all hooked on Trent at the start, which might give the impression that boys are all she cares about. That is not the case at all. She's a girl trying to find herself, and her parents - who are complete opposites - lead to confusing times for Harley as she has to figure out what s
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a very cute story! I love the feel of thinking its all a game when it’s not.

Plot: This plot is about a girl who has a pretend boyfriend and in the mist of things, she falls in love with him. I absolutely love this story. It’s a very cute read with tons of great characters and plot. The plot also goes in to detail with her family as well as her friends. One thing about this plot is that it feels very real and you can connect with the characters.

Love: This love is super fun to read. It doe
This was an okay story, but it irritated me in places.

Harley annoyed me at points. Her belief that Trent was her ‘Mr Right’ bordered on stalking, and it irritated me. I also found the way she was so clueless when it came to other people’s feelings to be a little short-sighted. Being high and mighty about someone else’s car just came off as a little snobbish, and it really didn’t suit her.

The storyline was okay, but I don’t think ‘fake dating’ is ever a good idea to be honest. Harley’s plans just
Christy
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Harley had a plan. Her long time high school crush, Trent, just became single. She was going to get him to ask her out. While she was planning how to do this, new student Jason crashes into her. Jason likes Harley, Harley likes Trent, eventually, Harley comes up with a plan. She will 'fake date' Jason to get Trent to get jealous, then have Jason break up with her. Her idea doesn't work out exactly as planned. There is a lot going on with these characters, a lot of secrets. There is also things g ...more
Laura Pauling
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I had so much fun reading this story about Harley and Jason and Trent. Though, it's not a love triangle. Harley and Jason decide to fake date so Harley can make Trent jealous. But as they continue down this path nothing turns out the way it is supposed to. This book started out a four but the second half really stepped it up, revealing some much deeper themes and issues than just fake dating. Harley's decisions affect Jason, Trent, and her family; and when the secrets are finally revealed, Harle ...more
Jessica Bell
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very very sweet book. I'm not an expert with the YA genre, nor do I read much of it, but if this is any indication of what feel-good contemporary YA is like, then I think maybe I should read more of it to lift my spirits when I'm feeling down. Yes, it was kind of Hollywood feel-good, but it was also realistically written. No fluff, just true down-to-earth solid characters that I cared about. All through I really just wanted to give Harley a big hug and stroke her hair. Such a beautiful character ...more
Katie Mills
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Harley's story! Up until mid-way though, I wasn't sure which love interest to root for, which is always a good sign. That said, I pretty much had a crush on Jason throughout the whole book. He's my favorite kind of combination 'good guy with a bad-boy streak' and the chemistry between he and Harley is sizzling! I definitely recommend this one to any fans of YA contemporary romance!
Tabitha R
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked ths book. A bit typical but all together nice read. Had a bit of everything sprinkled in. Love triangle, jealousy, a twist. I immediately liked all the different characters in this book and enjoyed reading about them. The characters were woven together quite well.
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed the characters and the story. Such a fun and real contemporary YA. A longer review will be on my blog later. Definitely worth picking up!
Nikki
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed it!
♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
It started off okay, but the romance quickly became frustrating.
  • The Unloved (A Unloved Novel Book 1)
  • 10 Weeks
  • Twisted
  • I'll Be Here
  • Falling
  • The One for Me
  • Loving Summer (Loving Summer, #1)
  • Dizzy
  • Impossible (With Me, #1)
  • Grounding Quinn
  • First Love (Now & Forever #1)
  • A Little Less Girl
  • Simply, Mine
  • Perchance
  • Reflection (Reflection, #1)
  • Bound Together
  • Unmaking Hunter Kennedy
  • Forever Changed
I'm the hat lady--wife, mom, reader, writer, caffeine addict, chocoholic, southern expat, and beach bum.
*LIKE my Facebook page for daily updates, new release announcements, and sale info!
*SIGN UP for my newsletter for new release announcements! (not spam)
*I LOVE hearing from readers! Send feedback, ask questions, or say hello at leightmoore(at)gmail.com.
*And I share books I think RULE right here

The Truth (2 books)
  • The Truth About Letting Go (The Truth, #2)