Start by marking “Backdraft (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #2)” as Want to Read:
Backdraft (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #2)

Backdraft

(The Secret Life of Trystan Scott #2)

When Mari realizes that Trystan is the internet megastar, Day Jones, she can’t speak. Every time she listens to his song, it leaves her feeling so much. That song is bewitching. Everyone she knows heard it. As soon as it appeared on YouTube, it went viral, and then the guy who wrote it disappeared. Despite agents and record labels trying to lure Day5705 out, he remains ano ...more
Published October 1st 2012 by Laree Bailey Press (first published September 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Backdraft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Backdraft

B at Spare Time Book Blog
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There are books that you read that you really like or love. Then there are books that really touch your heart. I have only read a few that sincerely touch something deep inside. They are the ones that stay with you after reading them. This is one of those books. I relate a lot to Mari. Pressure to be perfect, whether it's in school or something else. I think we have all been there. I was. Mari and Trystan appear to be more alike then they think. Both with trouble at home and both head over heals ...more
Teiamarie
IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE TRYSTAN SCOTT SERIES (COLLIDE & BACKDRAFT) FROM H.M. WARD THAN YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!

**SPOILER ALERT**

JUST AS AMAZING AS COLLIDE!!

When I first started reading Backdraft I was afraid that Trystan and Mari would continue to dance around each other leaving their feelings unspoken. Well, there was definitely dancing (figurative) but Mari was really able to see that there's more to Trystan by the end, that he's not just putting on a big ole act for everyone. We also get to
Jalyn
Aaahhh! I need the next book now!

Brief summary
Mari now knows that Trystan is Day Jones. He asks her to keep it a secret and she does, but now she really wants to know who's stolen Trystan's heart. Trystan thinks that Mari wants nothing to do with him, so he can't come up with the courage to tell her that he wrote the song for her and that he loves her.

What I liked
Again this was a fast read. I kept getting all giddy while reading it and thinking "just tell her for crying out loud!" The same goes
Michelle
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Now that Mari learns one of Trystan's secrets he is trying to sort out how to reveal the one that truly matters. The one that will tell her how much he cares about her. We see a little more into the dark home life that he has had to endure and we see that although Mari might seem like she has the perfect life - perfect is not always pretty.

It can be hard to get a reader to connect to the characters in these serials due to the length, but HM always seems to be able to pull this off flawlessly.

I
Risa
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Omg, someone give me the next book... This was awesome. Very short read... The cover is freaking awesome. The title- awesome.
Crystal
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Volume 2 of the Secret Life of Trystan Scott. Mari and Trystan continue to hide their true emotions from each other. Both too scared of the worst that could happen that they are willing to forgo the best that could happen. Mari finds out the secret that Trystan is actually the internet mystery sensation Day Jones. But will Trystan have the courage to reveal to her that she is the girl he wrote the song about?
This is another quick read by HM Ward. It is wonderfully frustrating. You can feel the p
Yovana
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Never let's me down. Yet again AN AMAZING BOOK! All I really need to say is that I need the next one NOW!
To me it was like, throughout the book, I was mentally telling her, 'it's you, dammit, open your eyes and realize it! Same goes for you sexy boy, just tell her instead of being all mysterious. Then when she was going to tell, I was like yes! Go for it! But she didn't. -sighs- Anyway........
Book #2 was intense.
Can we have book #3 early? o.O
Vicki
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I began this book I didn't realize that it was a sequel, so even though the reading is quite easy, I still felt confused. I didn't understand the relationships until I read that Collide is the first book, so I read them in reverse order.

This book was well-written and it set the background info of the plot and the characters.

Trystan and Mari are cute and I rooted for their relationship. Seth is also a dream boat with his good looks.
Sara
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Backdraft was the continuation to Collide. It was really cute and flirty, and gave more insight into Trystan and Mari's lives. It made me love Trystan even more, even though he did make out with a girl he had no feelings for. Eww. I loved the end! Finally a new secret came out, and it was soooo good. I cannot wait for the 3rd book.
Gisbelle
OMG... This book is killing me. I need to read the 3rd one right now! I need to know what is going to happen to Trystan and Mari. However, it'd be better if what mentioned during Trystan's POV was not mentioned again during Mari's POV. Sometimes, they were just the same.
Jas
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This series just keeps getting better and better!
Asia
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
oooh the swoonfest oh the high school hotties trystan. if they only made boys like this in real life...
/sigh
Tia
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ah, now the story is progressing. I'm actually quite impressed how well it is going but once again I need to state that it is way too short!
Desiree
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
These cliff hangers. It is engaging steamy read. Loved it!
Sue Me
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A better volume than #1 although Mrs Ward continues to scam us with bogus pages by using the two points of view for alternating chapters. ENOUGH!

They finally kiss and she finds out that he is the singing guitar sensation, but sworn to secrecy, which he keeps. Amazing for a high school student. We get further glimpses into their awful home lives.
Thuy
Jul 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I can't believe I wasted money on this series. The writing is awful, stale, lacking any type of emotions.
Sara
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Like the previous one, short, zero drama, at least here he confessed his feelings to Mari.
Janell Wheeler
I am loving this series. I'm reading this series after learning where Mari & Trystan are in the future. So the biggest appeal to me right now is seeing how they get from here to there. To me these books are exciting. There is just so much angst and I want to see these two get their HEA that it is killing me. I'm really enjoying going back and forth between their POV's. I'm not sure what to make of the secondary characters just yet. But this book, I can't put it down. Come on you two pull it ...more
Lisa
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
You can find this review at My Favorite Things

Backdraft by H.M. Ward is book 2 in The Secret Life of Trystan Scott series. This book addresses the parental issue a little more, gives us an idea of the level of notoriety that the viral video is getting, and finds Mari admitting her true feelings, at least to herself.

Trystan feels so deeply and hides so much but he's so madly in love with Mari that he can't hide everything from her. She manages to see behind his carefully crafted façade and while
Lisa
Sep 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indie
3.5 Stars
I really like Trystan Scott;) He is easily one of my favorite male YA characters of all time with his bad boy persona, emotional back story and extreme passion! I like this series because it is a deeper, emotional story and the character development has been excellent!

Mari and Trystan are so alike yet so different. Mari comes from a two parent household and has everything money can buy but she also has lots of pressure on her to be perfect and get into the best colleges. When she intera
MOVED - CHECK BIO
It makes sense that the guitar on the cover is burning with awesomeness, because this book is awesome!

Trystan and Mari have returned, along with their complicated lives. Mari now know's Trystan's secret, but isn't planning on telling anyone. The main conflict in this book is.....Dun, dun, dun! They don't know they like each other, and by like each other, I mean more than friends. The book takes place in New York, the big N.Y.

I seriously enjoyed Mari's best friend in this book. Katie just freakin
Sharrice
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book for a honest review.

When Mari finally realizes her feelings for Trystan she runs back to tell him how she feels, only to find out that Trystan is the famous Day Jones, the writer and singer of the new hit song everyone has fallen in love. The guy talent agents are searching for.

Now that Mari knows she'll do anything to help Trystan keep his secret. Of coarse now that she knows he wrote the song, she wants to know more and more who this mystery girl is.

Shocked by the discove
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
So I am re-reading this series as I realised that I forgot to read the final fifth book Revealed and I really want to re-read them so I can read the full novel Broken Promises (A Trystan Scott Novel). Since I am re-reading I thought I would also add in reviews as well because for some reason I didn’t the first time around except for Collide. When Collide ended I was really excited for Backdraft. We get a bit more of Mari’s story (her relationship with her parents) as well as Trystan’s and his i ...more
Lenore Kosinski
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle

ORIGINAL REVIEW: 3.5 stars -- Phew....I was worried it was going to be full soap opera -- you know, sucks you in but never goes anywhere in the end...but at least it did move forward. Not as much as I would have liked, but still we weren't in the exact same place as the end of the previous book. And we learned a bit more about both Trystan and Mari's home life.... There was a lot of me wanting to yell at the book, but hopefully it ends with some good stuff
Julie
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mari can’t believe that Trystan has kept hidden that he is Day Jones. Everyone is trying to discover who the singers real identity is and Mari is keeping Trystan’s secret. When she listen’s to the song that Trystan uploaded - she is overcome with emotion. She desperately wants to know who the person is that Trystan is singing about.

Mari finds herself still struggling with all of the emotions she feels whenever she is around Trystan. Unbeknownst to her, Trystan is struggling with the feelings he
Désirée
Dec 17, 2016 rated it did not like it
Though I finished this book in the series (God only knows why), I couldn't bring myself to read the third. I think I was just super bored because this book was TERRIBLE! It was even worse than the first book and I didn't think that was possible!
DeAnna
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it
After the ending of Collide, I really thought that we were in for some good things to come in Backdraft. Don’t get me wrong, the book was enjoyable; it just wasn’t what I expected.

We start to learn a little bit more about Mari than we did in the first book, which I like. We also see a little bit more into Trystan’s back story. I like the development of the characters. However, there’s still a lot of back and forth “Will they or won’t they?” going on, and it got a bit old.

Things started to get mo
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love, drama
Finally, this part of the story was killing me. I found myself chanting at times for Trystan & Mari to just find each other. Now it seems they have taken a leap of faith & hopefully it will work out for them. H M Ward you've done it again, the feel of realism that you are able to put on paper (or in this case, kindle) is breathtaking.

I knew I would enjoy this tale. My heart aches for these 2 to find & realise the live that's there. The romantic in me is praying for them to live throu
Karen Pierce
Jun 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In Backdraft we get more background into Trystan's broken world - how bad his dad is and the abuse that Trystan is hiding from the world. We also learn that Trystan can sing and he pours his heart and soul into a song about Mari - only he doesn't tell anyone that it is him singing or who the girl is. Now we have everyone trying to figure out who Day Jones is.... We also get more into what make Mari who she is.... she too is given a rotten set of parents - not physically abuse but her parents don ...more
Anita Powers
This book was just as good as the first one but I was not as frustrated with this one. It still broke my heart what Trystan has to go through in his home but now we got to see what Mari goes through in her home. Yes they are two different worlds but they are both being hurt by their parents. I liked how Trystan did the right thing and did not sleep with the twin. I like how the one teacher is trying to look out for Trystan and trying to get him to see that he is not worthless. His so called best ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
H.M. Ward's Hot N...: Backdraft (Trystan Scott #2) 1 6 Dec 30, 2013 06:09PM
H.M. Ward's Hot N...: Backdraft (Trystan Scott #2) 2 13 Aug 02, 2013 09:01AM

• Secrets Vol. 2 (Secrets, #2)
  • Lucky Girl (Dear Rockstar, #2)
  • Falling into You (Falling into You, #1)
  • Broken Lies (Broken, #2)
  • South Row
  • The Seduction (The Arrangement)
  • Madly & the Jackal (Madly, #3)
  • Continental Life (Continental Affair, #3)
  • Time Out (Foolish Games, #2)
  • The Art of Letting Go (Uni Files #1)
  • The Distant Shore (Stone, #1)
  • Gratifying Lines (Blurred Lines, #8)
  • No Mercy (Cambion, #2.5)
  • Rise of the Olympians (Rise of the Olympians, #1)
  • All over You (Devoured, #0.5)
  • When I'm with You: When I'm Bad (Because You Are Mine, #2.4)
  • Fearless (Jesse, #2)
  • First Dance (Vice, Virtue & Video, #0.5)
H.M. Ward continues to reign as a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author who surpassed more than 13 million books sold, placing her among the literary titans. Ward has been featured in articles in the NEW YORK TIMES, FORBES, and USA TODAY to name a few.

You can interact with this bestselling author at: www.facebook.com/AuthorHMWard. Text HMWARD to 24587 and get a text reminder on release & sale day

The Secret Life of Trystan Scott (6 books)
  • Collide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #1)
  • Riptide (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #3)
  • Shattered (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #4)
  • Revealed (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #5)
  • Broken Promises (The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, #6)
“Her head titled to the side and her eyebrows crept up her face. It was her uh-durrr face, she was just too kind to actually say it to me.” 3 likes
“back·draft: an occurrence in which a fire that has consumed all available oxygen suddenly explodes” 1 likes