Start by marking “The Flesh Cartel #2: Auction (The Flesh Cartel, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Flesh Cartel #2: Auction (The Flesh Cartel, #2)

The Flesh Cartel #2: Auction (The Flesh Cartel #2)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  823 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews
In episode two of The Flesh Cartel, the dark purpose behind Mat and Dougie Carmichael’s abduction is revealed. Though Dougie is protected from the worst of the guards’ brutality, he’s disgusted to find himself halfway to broken—despairing of escape and terrified of pain. Mat holds onto hope despite repeated rapes and beatings, but threats toward his brother teach him well ...more
Published November 5th 2012 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Flesh Cartel #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Flesh Cartel #2

Monique ~ Sinfully
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is Excellent... And. So. Fucked. Up! Yet it is compelling, edge of the seat stuff that you are unable to put down. It will have you in tears, angry and frustrated at the injustice of it all and will leave you in turmoil, without any coherent brain activity for some time after...

Photobucket

It hits you hard and fast - there is no reprieve, no time for quiet contemplation, the intensity of the story so overwhelming it hurts... It is both terrifying and disturbing to see Matt and Dougie suffer the a
Alice
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, dark
No, Dougie, no!

There are no spoilers from Auction, but there will inevitably be some from Captured. (Contains cussing and explicit scenes.)
4 "I’m sorry, Mat. I’m so sorry." stars.
(Me while reading this. Did that really just fucking happen?!)
Jesse- Covering eyes
He thrust a hand through the bars of his cage, wanting to touch her, needing it, to confirm they were still human somehow, still held the power to love, to connect, to make choices.

Me: I'm going crazy.
Book: Well at least you aren't being sold.
Me: Well, yeah
Dia
another 5 DARK and full of PAIN stars

Image result for gif crying in pain

The writing style still amazes me! Such shocking and traumatizing scenes!

Mat and Dougie are terrified finding out they will be sold at an auction and will become sex slaves. Only the thought they'll be separated makes them accept anything, do anything just to make sure they stick together!

Heartbreaking to say the least!

This review has been posted at Dirty Books Obsession
Shurrn
Brothers Mat & Dougie survived a week in the brutal hands of their captors. Can they possibly endure what comes next? What lengths will they go to in order to survive?

The purpose behind the kidnapping and incarceration of the brothers finally becomes clear - they are to auctioned off as pets to the highest bidder.
Worn down by days of unrelenting fear and abuse, Mat and Dougie are packaged with the same ruthless efficiency as any consumer product: Dougie the pretty boy twink, Mat the rabid
Lena♥Ribka
Sep 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Between 2,5 and 3 stars.

The book is well written and I understand everybody who can't put it down. It could be an addictive read if you like an extremely dark disturbing mind-fucked erotica. Normally that is one of my favorite genres too.
But I decided for myself after reading the second sequel to stop.

I need my light at the end of the tunnel.
I don't see it here.

And as I have already explained to one of my GR friends Lisa, I need another level of love relationship, an intense love between brot
Susan
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it

*breathe*

Ok, I thought that maybe, by episode 2, I’d be used to the writing style and maybe numbed to be able to handle the brutal content. I was wrong. It was even worse than episode 1. And though I have to thank Rachel & Heidi for talking me through some of the story, including spoilers, to make me feel “ok” with reading on, a part of me feels ANGRY at them for doing this to Dougie and Mat…for taking it this far! (<-not angry at you ladies…just ANGRY! …I know, that makes no sense…)

If yo
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, angst, dark-reads, non-con
The second instalment of The Flesh Cartel series was in my opinion even better than the first!

This was another traumatic read for my already frayed nerves from reading the first instalment.

Dougie and Mat's relationship and love as brothers is further revealed in this volume. When one of them feels pain the other cries out to stop it from happening. Each wanting to take the punishments themselves rather than the other half of their flesh and blood having to suffer the unspeakable wrongs being ca
Martin
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is my second time starting the series. The first time, two years ago, I was in a romance kind of mood and was shocked at the cruelty of this story.

Two brothers being kidnapped by a human trafficking ring, abusing and breaking them violently to become obedient sex slaves for sale to the highest bidder, isn't exactly sweet romance material, though.

However, when you're in a dark mood, this story is actually really good and Mat and Dougie are amazing characters.

So yeah, 5 stars for the second r
Shile loves books

Oiii! this series is heartbreaking to read..

Matt and Dougie

description

Nikolai - i am intrigued and i want to know more about him.

Lisa Henry
Okay, so this isn't really going to be a proper review, because this story is not finished. This instalment of The Flesh Cartel takes us up to the auction, where Mat and Dougie are purchased by Nikolai.

And holy crap -- I need to read the rest! I need to know what happens when Dougie and Mat are trained by Nikolai.

Because at the beginning, you see, Nikolai sees Dougie and thinks he has "...a mouth for reciting poetry with his head in his master's lap. And a mind for it, too" which made me cauti
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion by: Noah
I opened Pandora's Box with this series. Wait a minute. No, I didn't. Noah opened it for me and now… I gotta know. I'll not be reading these back to back since they're too much for my delicate constitution, but I'm fully vested in what happens to Mat and Dougie at this point. I'm fairly certain their troubles have just started. Their suffering is far from over with Nicolai's training looming just around the corner.

These authors have done an excellent job of making these brothers two ends of the
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Oct 13, 2013 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: not-for-me
I'M SO SORRY - I COULDN'T FINISH

I can't rate this book because I know I would enjoy it but I got to one point in the book and I just couldn't go farther with it.

So what did I do? I read the reviews of all the other books so I would know what happened.

I'm so ashamed at myself *hanging head low*

I don't know if it was the abuse of M/M or what? I can deal with abuse in a book and I can deal with M/M - but the two combined?? I don't know - it's not like my stomach was queasy or I would flinch while r
Em
Dark and delicious! It can only be 5 stars for this episode! These books have a bit of almost everything in them!
Claude
Aug 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Scary.
Elena
5 tortured stars!
What horrible, horrible choices would you be able to make to stay together with your beloved brother??? Even in a place that resembles a torture chamber more than anything else?
Who's more sorry now? Mat? Or Dougie...? :(
Marita Hansen
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Flesh Cartel #2 Review - 4.9 stars.

I liked this installment better than the first, although it was equally harsh, just not as nauseating, again with that cleaning scene from #1! Here we have Dougie and Mat again being put through the ringer, their stay in the slave holding-cells wearing both of them down as they are constantly abused by the guards as well as fretting over what is happening to each other. Then one day they are taken to be prepared for the auction - primped and prettied up for Dou
Jenn
This book moves the main characters into their cells, the cleaning and prep process, and then finally the auction. Can't say I loved it or even liked it. I didn't feel ripped apart or saddened by the injustices done to these characters, and I definitely should have been. Again I don't think the character development helped me grow attached to Dougie and Mat.

Like my problem with these books is it's all cliches. It's foreign bad guys with maniacal laughing madames who of course are beautiful. The
Dante Love Fisher
Mar 07, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: dnf
DNF

I tried. I honestly did. But real pain is not my thing. Torture is not my thing. Cruelty is not my thing. And while I am intrigued by the mystery of it, or at least the mystery of how they will get out, it's just too much.

I could see Nikolai tempting me back in if I was drunk enough, but for now I'm too sober.
Barbara
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Warning!!!

photo 5895d580bad203417874ced8abcfb968_zps94728781.jpg
Beverly
May 04, 2014 rated it liked it
All I can say is...

I think I hate you Dougie...
Vilda
People who have read this series, I just need to know... is there any hope for these two? I need there to be hope!
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This review can be found at The Armchair Reader.

Auction, episode two of The Flesh Cartel and the end of season one, picks up right where episode one, Capture, leaves off. Where Mat and Dougie just finished being processed into the slave facility, they are now being held there. Beaten, raped and tortured, both Mat and Dougie are struggling with their new lives with nothing to wear and nothing to sleep on and the constant threat of more abuse. While Mat is still a fighter, he’s losing the strength
Paula
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
***If you haven't read the first episode, see my review for The Flesh Cartel #1: Capture. These mini-episodes should be read in order.***

The Flesh Cartel: an international, multi-billion-dollar black market that trades in lost souls. Or more specifically, their bodies.

This story is darker than dark. It’s disturbing, terrifying, and the things that happen to Dougie and Mat are completely inhumane. This story hurt me on a very deep and painful level. I didn’t think it could get any worse than the
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Torture, beatings, double penetration, humiliation and sexual exhibitions, what more can we have in this book? Ah yes, rape and more double penetration. WOOT! The second in this serial is a tasty fast read. Want a quick fix in non con slavery? This is the book for you.

In the dynamic duo's second installment, the auction preparation is taking place. The continued beat downs and breaking of the brothers were highlighted before the auction. Nothing too graphic, but enough to get the idea. It's not
Juls
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, mind-f-ck, netgalley, rape, dark
Being in the system was never easy. Now that Mat and Dougie are older that should be behind them, right?

Even tho they are grown men the system is still fucking with them. The fact that they have no one has attracted the wrong ppl. Ppl they are trying now to escape but can't.

These brothers are called holes. Holes to be fucked and prodded for never their pleasure. Their hourly torture is hard to stomach but they are strong, or are they?

They both want to protect the other but in the game of slave
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
I don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said by the others who, along with me, were eager to read this as soon as possible to see how and where things were going with this story. We now have a bit more of an idea, but the road to get there is not pretty. This segment pulled me in even more so than the first. The writing is fabulous. You feel as though you are right there witnessing everything from the side of the room. It is heartbreaking and mind boggling to think there are peo ...more
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
A stunning next chapter in the continuing saga of Mat and Dougie. This one is all about the auction of the men. As each is prepared differently for the auction you get a tantalizing taste of one of the bidders. I am still very much invested in Mat because of his strength. It is much more interesting to me to see how far someone can be pushed - although Dougie is coming up fast and I think there is more steel in him than we realize. Everything I said in my original review of Chapter 1 holds - can ...more
Dreamer
Just had to buy this straight away after reading book one. Gained a guilty pleasure from this story of the submissive Dougie and his intensely protective brother Mat being brought to sale at the slave auction. Got to wait with baited breath for next episode to be released now.
description
Shirley Frances
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read, mm-series, 2012
A heartbreaking, intriguing read that left me stunned and curious.

As the blurb stated, in this episode we get to discover the reason behind Mat and Dougie's capture. And I have to tell you this one was as brutal as the first one. At least I already knew what to expect and prepared myself mentally for the onslaught. I'm glad I did, because this book goes places that I never could have imagined.

We start right when we left off in Episode 1. Dougie and Mat are brought to their 'rooms' and it begins.
Letitia
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rating: B+ ... Heat: N/A. To read my review of part one, click here.

Warning:

This story contains explicit violence, forced incest, and non-consent.

Review:

The Flesh Cartel #2: The Auction begins where Capture left off. And, oh, my god, I knew it would get worse, I knew the worst was still to come, but the reality was even harsher than I tried to prepare for. This installment will tear you up inside. Consider yourself forewarned.

As the title implies, in The Auction we witness more of the bruta

Chat with the authors! 26 37 Jan 26, 2013 11:33AM
  • The Last Rebellion
  • Waiting in the Throes
  • Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)
  • Forgotten
  • Antidote (Don't..., #2)
  • Falling Angels
  • Angel (Angel, #1)
  • Fog: A Novel of Desire and Retribution
  • Schadenfreude
  • The Brig
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Lee's Story (The Slave Breakers, #3)
  • The Arroyo
  • Breakdown Motel
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • If It Flies (Market Garden, #3)
M/M erotic romance author, freelance writer and editor, sadist with a pesky conscience, shamelessly silly, proudly pervish. I'm a twitter addict (@rachelhaimowitz), and I blog every M/W/F at Fantasy Unbound. To learn all about my current and upcoming projects, please stop by my website. I love to hear from folks, so feel free to drop me a line anytime at metarachel (at) gmail (dot) com.
More about Rachel Haimowitz...

The Flesh Cartel (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Flesh Cartel #1: Capture
  • Choices (The Flesh Cartel #3)
  • Consequences (The Flesh Cartel #4)
  • The Flesh Cartel #5: Wins and Losses