Start by marking “Hired by the Cowboy (Windover Ranch #1)” as Want to Read:
Hired by the Cowboy (Windover Ranch #1)

Hired by the Cowboy (Windover Ranch #1)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  5,338 Ratings  ·  316 Reviews
Alexis Grayson is good at looking after herself - she's been doing it all her life. So what if she's alone and pregnant? She'll cope But gorgeous cowboy Connor Madsen seems determined to take care of her. And Alexis can help him - he needs a temporary wife; she needs somewhere to live until the baby's born. A short-term marriage will solve all their difficulties!

As Alexis

ebook, Harlequin Romance #3954, 192 pages
Published March 2012 by Harlequin Romance (first published September 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Hired by the Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hired by the Cowboy

Lady Jaye

DNF

I finally gave up about 16% of the way through. For a contemporary novel, the premise is rather stupid: how will any responsible people who run a ranch, knowing the precarious nature of running one, leave money to their son on the condition that he turns thirty or gets married? What happens when there is a drought when he is 25 and single and needs money to keep the ranch from going under? Stupid premises make stupid stories.

I could not get much of a feel for the hero and didn't care, but th
Elle (Ligia)
Rating: 2.5 stars.

It seems like I’ve been reading a lot of Harlequin romance this year and while some have been amazing, some not so much. And I’m afraid Hired by the Cowboy fits the second category.

Everything started super well with Hired by the Cowboy. Or as well as it could start. Asking a girl you just met to marry you so you can save your ranch is not among the things considered normal, or believable. But Donna Alward did a pretty good job on making it as believable as possible. You wouldn’
Pamela(AllHoney)
A freebie category romance published under the Harlequin Romance line. It was okay for me. Nothing really exciting happens. Probably why I haven't read many from this particular category line in a while. Connor Madsen meets Alexis Grayson when she faints. Alex is pregnant and has no family and Connor needs a wife. A little too sweet for my personal taste.
ShoSho
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was in the mood for something easy and fast to read so I enjoyed it a lot.I think it was the first Harlequin book I've ever read that didn't make me roll my eyes all the time!!!
İlkim
Bu yorumu Kitap Esintisi sayfasında bulabilirsiniz.

Her Hq romanını sevmem hatta nadiren sevdiklerim çıkar. Ama bunun gibi şirin romanlarına bayılırım. Kitap hamile olarak sokakta kalmış kızımız Alex ile ailesinin evinde tek başına yaşayan biftek üreticimiz yani bir nevi kovboyumuz Connor'ın hikayesini anlatıyor. Connor ile Alex'in tanışması kızın bayılması vesilesiyle oluyor ve orada hamile olduğunu öğreniyor. Connor'ın batmamak için paraya ihtiyacı vardır ve de ailesinden kalan parayı alabilme
Kathy Jo
Hired By The Cowboy is a cute, quick read. I started and finished it in a few hours. I really enjoyed the book and fell in love with Alex and Conner. They both had been hurt in the past and swore they would never love again. I enjoyed watching their relationship and feelings for each other grow. But towards the end of the book I started getting annoyed by Alex. She kind of turned into a drama queen and I wanted to slap her. She took her insecurities and turned them into anger towards Conner. The ...more
Nas Dean
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hired By The Cowboy by author Donna Alward has a very sensitive, caring hero. He finds the heroine on the verge of passing out and takes her in. The heroine is pregnant and without support. The story has lovable characters. I loved the character of the hero's grandmother, who comes in from time to time. I always looked forward to her visits!

Hired By The Cowboy was Donna Alward's first book, yet it was an emotion packed roller-coaster!
Cindy Winder delong
Very touching story that engaged my emotions starting with the first chapter. I am a sucker for happily ever after and this book delivered. So many of the characters' needs were met by this relationship. I felt like they really loved and respected each other and weren't lost in lust. I liked the inclusion of family, homemaking, mentoring, and traditional gender roles.
Paige
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook, 2013-books
***Detailed Review***

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. It definitely didn’t drag out and it keep the pace going.

Connor Madsen need a miracle to save his family ranch. After the loss of his parents and brother in one fell swoop, Windover is all he has left, but with an outbreak of cattle disease, his ranch could be linked and he’ll lose it all. He needs his inheritance money to help keep finances afloat, but with six months left until his 30th birthday and he can claim the
Tonileg
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western, kindle, clean
When a person is alone for a long time (more then 6 months) we all get used to being independent and unsocial. Living alone will make the un-sociability develop even faster. I believe that people need to live with other people (roommates, lover, family, friends, children, etc...) because it keeps us part of society and public behavior is different then private behavior. It is really dangerous for people's mental stability to leave society and public behavior.
Alexis Grayson is good at looking aft
  • Cowboy Dad (The State of Parenthood #3)
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana, #2)
  • Passion to Die For
  • Married by Mistake
  • The Inconvenient Duchess (The Radwells #1)
  • Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2)
  • Baby Bonanza
  • Relentless (Aspen, #1)
  • Chocolate Kisses
  • Planning for Love (Aisle Bound, #1)
  • Once a Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
  • The Boat Builder's Bed (Wicked in Wellington, #1)
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin, #1)
  • Cowboy with a Cause (Cowboy Cafe #3)
  • Love, Lies & High Heels (Love, Lies and More Lies #1)
  • Return to Paradise
  • The Rancher Takes A Bride (The Burnett Brides, #1)
  • Almost a Bride (Wyoming Wildflowers, #1)
While bestselling author Donna Alward was busy studying Austen, Eliot and Shakespeare, she was also losing herself in the breathtaking stories created by romance novelists like LaVyrle Spencer, Judith McNaught, and Nora Roberts. Several years after completing her degree she decided to write a romance of her own and it was true love! Five years and ten manuscripts later she sold her first book and ...more
More about Donna Alward...

Windover Ranch (3 books)
  • Marriage at Circle M
  • Falling for Mr. Dark & Dangerous
“All I've ever wanted was a place to belong, and someone to belong to.” 18 likes
“A partner to share the ups and downs with. Honor and strength, and knowing you're stronger together than apart” 14 likes