Start by marking “The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)

The Uninvited

(Krewe of Hunters #8)

He stabs Lucy Tarleton - who spurned his king and his love - leaving her to die in her father's arms.

NOW: After the day's final tour, docent Allison Leigh makes her rounds while locking up... and finds a colleague slumped over Bedford's desk, impaled
Kindle Edition, Original edition, 344 pages
Published August 28th 2012 by Harlequin MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Uninvited, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Uninvited

Start your review of The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
Theresa
4.5 Stars... This author always takes me on an extraordinary journey into the depths of history with a paranormal twist... This read was no exception; immersing her readers in the time of the Revolutionary War and adding a devastating ghostly tale, Heather Graham compiles a story that holds an intriguing mystery while giving the chill factor of a solid ghost story... I enjoy each book in this series and eagerly anticipate the next one:)
Chibineko
Jun 17, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I believe that this might be the last book in the Krewe of Hunters series, and I have to say that I'm a little glad at that. The idea behind the ongoing series is good, but there's only so many times you can create new Krewes just to start a new love interest before it just seems a little "same old, same old".

Now I have to say that one of the things I enjoyed about this entry was that Allison and Tyler don't actually jump into bed together immediately. Graham has the pair experience
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
3.5
I think the impression these stories leave depends on the theme. I like those with more detailed American history. Like this one.

Even though Allison Leigh was very annoying for almost one third of the book, I liked this story a lot. The setting is Philadelphia and Landon Mansion, a place where a young woman was killed in 1777.

Allison is a historian and she works as one of the tour guides at the mansion. She is the last one to leave and she finds her colleague dea
Meghan
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the history and detail of the area, country and family take on histories. The blend of romance and ghosts added to a fun story full of the Texas Krewe. The ghosts were very entertaining in this story and it was great touching base with the rest of the Texas Crewe as we did not see them much in the last book. I can’t wait for the next story, especially since we learned more about Jane and her backstory this time around.
V
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Plot quite boring, Daniels wonderful as always.
Amanda Baer
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 8 done, now onto book 9.... They just keep my attention!
☕️Kimberly
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you follow my reviews you are probably aware that I love romantic suspense wrapped in a little paranormal woo-woo. Heather Graham is one of my favorite authors for when the mood strikes. Each of the novels can be read as standalone, as each book deals with one member of the special FBI unit and their romance. I love that each case brings us a mystery to solve and a swoon worthy guy. The Uninvited tells Agent Tyler Montague’s story as he works to solve a murder investigation.

The ca
Rhonda
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review: Uninvited by Heather Graham
5 STARS I know on Heather's krewe books my ratings as been up and down a lot it seems. This one has been more believeable if you believe in the possibilty of ghosts. Univited as a lot of history that I enjoyed and have not thought about in years. Makes me want to go and visit historcal sites. See Valley Forge, to go on the Ghost Tours visit the historical buildings of Philadelphia. Thier were some love scenes that I skipped over. Most of the story Univited tak
Stephanie (Once Upon a Chapter)
This review was originally posted on Once Upon a Chapter

I was in the mood for a ghost story so I picked up The Uninvited by Heather Graham. Graham’s Krewe of Hunter series is my go to when I need a paranormal read. Generally they are pretty light reads and the ghost aspect of the book is always satisfying.

Part of the reason I love this series is that it is steeped in history. Nat
Jessica
After finishing The Unspoken, I wasn't quite ready to take a break from this series so I decided to instantly proceed to the next book. (I really enjoy this series, but try not to read too many installments too close together because I get tired of the formulaic plots if I don't space them out more.) This volume was pretty good. The setting is a historical house in Philadelphia. The romantic leads are Allison, a historian and guide at the house, and Tyler, a member from the Texas Krewe.

The ro
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
Rated this 4.2 "Look Alike" Stars

Another great book in The Krewe of Hunters series.

It takes place in Philadelphia (Philly), PA. It's mainly about the Revolutionary War. Quite interesting. Historically, it's about Lucy Tarleton and "Beast" Bradley.

Re, present time, this one is Tyler & Allison's story. Tyler is a former Texas Ranger that left to become part of the 2nd Krewe. A real cowboy. Allison is a professor of History and a Tour Guide at the Tarleton/Da
a love for papyrus
Having finished the books I brought with me while traveling, I bought this book at one of the airport stores because there was not much else that struck my interests. I am not familiar with this author and have never read anything by her before so I was a bit surprised that it had such a heavy romance element. The characters, especially the two leads, reminded me of those found in historical romances. Not necessarily a bad thing; just unexpected.

I actually liked the book overall; the
Paula
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Allison is a historian and has the perfect job. She gets to dress in period costume and be a docent in a home built in the revolutionary period and tell tourists about it's history. It seems this house has a lot of history and Allison is very close to it. Some people even say it has ghosts.

During one such tour, a couple of precocious boys are asking some very good questions and Allison is enjoying the discussion. She speaks with the parents then sends everyone on their way. As she is
Terri
Allison Leigh works part time as a guide of an historical Philadelphia house where a revolutionary war murder is part of its fame. When a co-worker is murdered with a bayonet in mysterious circumstances, the FBI's elite Krewe of Hunters Team comes in to help. She is very skeptical of the 'ghost hunters' but also attracted to agent Tyler Montague.

Loved the characters and rich history in the book. Definitely enjoyed the romance as well, would have given it a higher rating except this t
Aparna
Dec 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stars: 3.5 / 5
Recommendation: Yes, pick it up for a mystery involving paranormal activities.

The Uninvited is the eighth book in the Krewe of Hunters series by Heather Graham and published in August of 2012. This plot revolves around Tyler Montague - the fourth member from the second group of elite paranormal investigators of The Texas Krewe - and Allison Leigh - a noted historian.

Krewe are a secret FBI unit with each member of the unit honing a particular psychic ta
Evelyn
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elements of history, mystery, romance and the paranormal. What else could anyone ask for in a story? The Uninvited was a light, easy read that I enjoyed very much. I'm looking forward to reading more of the Krewe of Hunters mysteries.
Veronica
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. Interesting story. Good one by Heather Graham.
Carol
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Uninvited by Heather Graham
Krewe of Hunters Series Book#8
4.5★'s

What's It About?
1777: In the throes of the Revolutionary War, Landon Mansion is commandeered by British Lord "Butcher" Bedford. He stabs Lucy Tarleton—who spurned his king and his love—leaving her to die in her father's arms.

NOW: After the day's final tour, docent Allison Leigh makes her rounds while locking up…and finds a colleague slumped over Bedford's desk, impaled on his own replica bayonet. Resident ghosts may be/>
Bonnie
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Murder for the Truth.

5 gold stars plus 5million more again and again and so on. Is murder the way to go for the truth to History. No. This book shows us the greed raises it ugly head again this time the truth about a small baby boy who was saved from a Patriot who thought the his mother was no longer a True Patriot but a Tractor who slept with the enemy. But the truth was that she was a true Patriot who risked her life over and over for Washington's Army. Then many years later a man who thoug
Kelley Cody-Grimm
I actually listened to the audio book and the narrator, Luke Daniels is excellent. The story takes place in Philadelphia and is packed with histrocial references and paranormal phenomemnon after a tour guide is killed in a house that was once owned by the family of a beautiful colonial spy who faught against the British. As unusual things start to take place, a crack team of FBI occult investigators try to figure out how murders, both past and present, keep happening.

I had not read much Heather
Linda
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great story of the Krewe Hunters but this story had a great history lesson of Philadelphia during the Revolutionary War and one historic house in particular. A history professor who also guided tours, Allison Leigh, discovered s gruesome murder that would change her life completely. Agent Tyler Montague has been assigned the duty of researching the family behind the house where one of the young guides had been killed and if there was a correlation between them. I loved the history lesson ...more
Veronica
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was actually so immersed within this novel that I didn't post any updates until the end. I am a huge Colonial America buff and picked up this novel right after visiting Williamsburg. The way this novel was written I felt as though I was right there with the characters, seeing what they were seeing, feeling their tenses and emotions as well as any other senses.

Again, this was a good read; I found myself wanting to continue to read. I love colonial history so this was enjoyable for m
Wonda
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5! Really good read! Even fairly quick! Though I find myself dreading the next tier! I really would like more about the characters we have already been introduced too...A new case with each of the couples we already have compared to new characters each novel would be a breath of air! I mean how many FBI "ghost" teams can their possible be? Otherwise all in all, I really do enjoy these books...enough that I already have the next 4 novels reserved on my reading app! Diving in now...
Marti
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This has been an engaging series and it has been getting better. There are now two Krewes, one from New Orleans and one from Texas. This one was set in Old Philadelphia and gave a new twist on the Revolutionary War. Of course there are ghosts and one of them actually provided some bits of humor. Of course there was a romance but it was kind of sweet. If you like these genres, you quite possibly would enjoy this series.
Julie
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great supernatural mystery with an unexpected ending. It certainly kept my interested to the end. My only grumble is that Heather Graham creates wonderful characters, matches them up romantically, and then we only see them in passing in subsequent books. I'd love to check in with those characters again and again.
Kem
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting plot, but more than a little vague for half the book. I love the Krewe teams. But really, does there half to be a love connection in each one. This one didn't grab me like others have, but I look forward to reading the next one in the series. The author has created a very interesting concept and I hope it continues for many more books.
Claire Gem
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first Krewe of Hunters, and I was not disappointed. It's not easy to find well-written ghost stories set in the present day. Graham does an excellent job of combining a ghost story, a love story, and lots of history into one terrific contemporary tale. I think I have a new favorite series!
Donna
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My earlier comments held true through the rest of the book... I love the way Heather brings her settings to life. The characters are well-drawn and I am enjoying getting to know them. I'm getting ready to start #9, and I have the rest on my list. It's a fun journey through different cities, and the rich details only teach us painlessly as they lead the reader to the HEA.
Ingrid Stephens
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun historical haunting with some romance thrown in. This one in my hometown of Philadelphia. I think Graham could have added more things about the city to make me believe she had been here, but the history of Philly was dead on, pardon the pun.
Suzy Howard
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

Moves steadily through the story and keeps your interest moving forward, a well written novel. Interesting historical information makes you feel your learning too. This has inspired me to visit historical Philadelphia
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Down In New Orleans
  • Never Sleep with Strangers
  • A Buckhorn Summer (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.3)
  • Blood Ties (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #12; Blood #3)
  • The Mist (Ireland Series, #3)
  • A Matter of Circumstance
  • Snowfire
  • Fear the Dark (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #16; Dark #1)
  • Multisourcing: Moving Beyond Outsourcing to Achieve Growth and Agility
  • Double Entendre
  • The MacGregor Brides (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The Last Cavalier
  • In the Arms of Hades
  • Strangers She Knows (Cape Charade, #3)
  • Spade Work (Jack Dillon Dublin Tale Book 6)
  • Whispering Hope - Nancy's Story: The True Story of the Magdalene Women
  • Whispering Hope - Marina's Story: The True Story of the Magdalene Women
  • Holding Fire (Alpha Security #2)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some trial and e

Krewe of Hunters (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, #5)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
  • The Night Is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10)
  • The Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters, #11)