Start by marking “Honor (Bannon Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Honor (Bannon Brothers, #2)

Honor

(Bannon Brothers #2)

With relentless suspense and a deft feel for creating men of power and character, Janet Dailey introduces three unforgettable brothers: RJ, Linc, and Deke Bannon.

Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published April 30th 2013 by Zebra (first published May 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor

Aparna
Aug 16, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Stopped reading half way through ... just couldnt get through it. I found the heroine to be the most highly stubborn and stupid woman i have ever read about!!!! gawd half way through felt like throwing the book at her head and asking her to behave like a rational adult.

Basically not my cup of tea ... and just miserable while reading!!!
Carrie
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I think I have lost my taste for Dailey. Other reviews mark this book high. I found mistakes in plot, and I had a hard time caring about the characters. I felt rushed, and I had no idea why they were together. They didn't seem to care about each other more than strangers would.
MollieJoy
Apr 24, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
What a long-winded piece of boring drivel. Almost nothing happens in this book. There are descriptions of things like locking car doors with key fobs, and making beds, but there is hardly any action, drama, suspense, sex or anything else that makes reading books (or enjoying any entertainment for that matter) enjoyable. The first and last book I'll ever read by this author.
Bernadette
This was my second Dailey book. I read the first in the series. Struggled through finishing Bannon Brothers: Trust, but was willing to give a second chance to this much published author. Corny, B grade plot and characters, like a lame sit-com. Better suited to categories. No sex.
Dawn
Jun 25, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have read and enjoyed almost every book written by Janet Dailey. As a matter of fact, several of her books/series are on my all-time favorite list but this one will never be. It started out ssssllllloooooowwwwwww and never picked up speed. The characters had no depth to them and the storyline seemed to drag. I read the first book in the series and will probably read the next one...if there is one......but just did not enjoy this one.
Syasmin
Jul 02, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Slow, boring. The heroine was stubborn, irritating and I could not like her at all. She vacillated from trying to be tough, to screaming, to being irrational and treating the hero somewhat like a doormat. There was no chemistry and I really couldn't get into the plot that seemed almost unbelievable. This coming from someone who reads fantasy...To me this was not what I expected from Janet Dailey
Pamela
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I had not read Janet Daily for a while, and forgotten how much I enjoy her. I loved her Caulder Series. This book was great. It was fun and had lots of danger, and romance combined.It is a trilogy of 3 brothers, and the ladies in their lives. Start with book one if you read them. They are worth the time..not deep, just an easy, and mystery filled read with a great plot, and likeable characters.
Xan
Dailey manages to make what could have/should have been a strong female character into a bit of a whine ass, and ties the hands of her strong male lead. I think I finished it mostly to see if it would get any better and if she'd actually dare to kill the bad guy off.
Julie Barrett
Apr 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bannon Brothers: HONOR by Janet Dailey
Didn't expect this type of book from the author-I've been catching up with another of her series.
After the wedding there is a car crash and Linc thinks she has been killed. She had lent her yellow car with the black stripe to her girlfriend.
Kenzie goes into hiding at the gun range where she feels protected while she and Christine's family try to find out the answers as to who made her go off the road causing the accident.
She thinks they really meant for her
Stephanie
2 1/2 STARS. This book had the same problem Bannon Brothers: Trust had. The author is deperately in need of an editor willing to tell her she is way way to wordy. Had I been reading instead of listening to it on audio I would have skimmed or skipped pages without missing anything.
That aside the plot had a good amount of suspense and mystery to it; enough that I was willing to keep listening to find out how it ended. Also a plus the characters were interesting.
Linda
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure what to make of this book. There are a lot of things about the characters that are left unexplored. Linc is a likable enough type of guy, but I couldn't really get into him. Kenzie has relationship issues. The plot is a bit weak. Don't know that I'd recommend this unless you have time to waste and don't want to think too much.
Barefoot Danger
Oct 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
no no no
Heather
Jul 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tarma
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
I got it because I have the other two Bannon Brothers books, liked them, and wanted the set.
This is not what I expected - nothing like the other two of the series. A vague referral to the other brothers, nothing of interaction (much) with characters of the other two books, and a 'heroine' who supposedly has military training and yet does incredibly stupid things. Um, no. The 'hero', allegedly in some top-notch government program, also just does not fit. It seems this was just written on an 'off
Emily Higgins
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
When Linc Bannon's love interest, Kenzie, finds out that her car was wrecked while her friend was driving the car, Lincoln takes time off work to help Kenzi determine whether it was an accident or an attempt on Kenzi's life.
Bernie
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honor is the second romantic suspense book in the Bannon Brothers series written by author Janet Dailey. It's not nearly as good as the first book.
MomRocks!
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
3-/2+
A. HAMBLY
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Corporate Corruption

Linc the cyber genius of the Bannon brothers gets involved in the solving of a case which involves the production of protective vests for the service and law enforcement. Through a suspicious accident he teams up with Kenzie, a service dog trainer who he ultimately falls in love with.
Busybeth76
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patience, Intelligence & Suspense

Linc is a kind of super cyber guy. He's military trained & known for his computer skills, rather than any macho field missions. That doesn't mean he's not qualified to jump right in when he believes his friend Kenzie is in trouble. He's wanted out of the friend zone for months and now is his chance and he's determined to keep her safe, and convince her they are meant for each other. Kenzie trains military dogs. She's good at it but has had her share of lo
Virginia Campbell
Author Janet Dailey continues her "Bannon Brothers" series with "Honor", featuring the middle brother, Linc Bannon. A top-level government operative whose expertise is technology and military programming development, Linc is a low-key, high-tech guy with the trademark Bannon dry wit. There isn't much in this world that he can't analyze, improve or reinvent, and he knows the right people to ask when he needs answers to his questions. The only thing in his life that has thrown him for a loop is on ...more
Kathy
Slow start to this one. Hopefully it picks up. So far, not a fan of Kenzie and hoping that changes since I've liked Linc in book 1. I'd hate to dislike him here due to his association with her.
Holy cow, I can't handle this heroine. You know how when people are hysterical, someone slaps them to make them snap out of it? I so wish Linc had done that to her! She is so unappreciative of him, using him when convenient for her, almost snotty at times. I get she has alot going on, but honestly she drag
Vicky
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, thank you to Kensington for providing this First Read copy.

No, really, thank you!!

Okay, so it might be the drugs talking. I've been sidelined for the last week with pneumonia so can't do much more than read and read I have been. But, drugs or no drugs, I loved this book. I haven't read the others in the series, but you can be sure I'm going to.

In this book, Linc, the middle brother of a trio, is sitting in a bar, alone, after his older brother's wedding, and happens to see a news f
Jane
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Rugged. Tall. Built to last. Linc Bannon has it all—and he’s there every time Kenzie needs him. They share a mission: to serve their country stateside, Linc in high-level intelligence and Kenzie as an expert trainer of combat dogs. Independent and sexy, Kenzie is definitely one of a kind—and the only one he wants. But if you ask her, she doesn’t need a hero in her life.

Until two of her friends, thousands of miles apart, are suddenly struck down. One, a soldier, is dead; the other, a civilian, is
Patricia Solla
This story of another Bannon brother has more action, intrigue and suspense. The story does pick with the first brother's wedding but again we don't get much background information.The story is quite interesting involving an accident injuring a young woman who was driving her best friend's car. Believing it's a young woman he knows and cares about Linc Bannon sets out to find out how badly she is injured. This accident actually sets off a series of events that make this tale curiouser and curiou ...more
Leanne
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read. From the characters to the plot it was an all around winner.

Janet Dailey did a wonderful job creating complex characters who truly come alive. Kenzie with her very tough exterior and Linc Bannon who is tough but sweet, all at the same time.

With a killer who is running gambit on Kenzie's nerves, Linc helps her to unravel the mystery of who has tried to kill her friend, though all may not be as it seems.

I suggest you give this book a chance, the mystery and romance are high
Karin
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This is the second book in the Bannon Brothers series starring Linc Bannon and Kenzie. While it is a part of a series, the other book isn't necessarily essential to the story-line. It could be a stand-alone book.

Kenzie is wonderfully NOT one of those intractible female characters that are so popular today. She is okay with asking for help, and Linc is more than willing to give it.

This is on the sweet romantic suspense side. If you're looking for a light suspenseful read, this is your book.
Jennifer Penn
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Linc Bannon, the second Bannon brother is just as rugged and handsome as his brother RJ. He has a thing for Kenzie, a beautiful military k9 trainer, that he acted on until he fears that she has been injured in a terrible accident. He rushed to her where a chain of events is put into motion that keeps him by Her side. As they five head first into a dangerous mystery their relationship blossoms. which may be the reason I liked this book so much. Janet Daily didn't just throw her characters into be ...more
Marjorie
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Since I didn't read the first novel in the series, I had no trouble following the story line in this book.

Linc Bannon becomes involved in keeping Kenzie alive after someone tries to kill her best friend and then her. Kenzie trains dogs for the military while Linc works in the spy side of the government by using computers. They begin to focus on the company where best friend, Christine, works.

This was a really good book and I highly recommend it.
JoAnne
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was book 2 in the Bannon Brothers series and concentrated on the middle brother Linc. The other 2 brothers did not play a role and only mentioned in passing several times which was a disappointment.
The story had my heart racing in parts, some tears and a couple of chuckles. There were a lot of twists and turns - many unexpected, some predictable. There was a happily ever after as well. I look forward to book 3.
Dusty
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Was not as good as I hoped it would be. Started out okay but there are a lot of parts that don't work for me and left me questioning how and why it was written a particular way. The characters are alright but not their actions based on how the author describes their backgrounds. I read it but was disappointed.
  • He's the One (includes Oklahoma Nights #1.5; Barefoot William Beach #2.5)
  • Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance, #5)
  • Will of Steel (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #4)
  • Texas Blue (Whispering Mountain, #5)
  • Resident Evil: Extinction
  • Find My Way Home (Harmony Homecomings, #1)
  • The Cowgirl In Question (McCalls' Montana #1)
  • Edge of Forever / A Natural Father
  • The Last Cowboy  (Jackson Hole, #4)
  • Slow Heat (The Bounty Hunters, #5)
  • Moonlight Kiss (Cricket Creek, #5)
  • Savage Intrigue (Savage, #29)
  • Against the Law (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #3)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Bad Boys of Boulder, #1)
  • The Love Of A Cowboy (Callister, #1)
  • Butterfly Cove (Summer Island, #3)
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme

Bannon Brothers (3 books)
  • Trust (Bannon Brothers, #1)
  • Triumph (Bannon Brothers, #3)
“Hey,” he was saying, “guess what the most common word is in criminal tattoos.”
“I have no idea.”
Love. Hands down. They love their mothers, they love some girl, they love Jesus. And they keep right on doing wrong.”
2 likes
“Tell me one thing. Are you going to hack into SKC servers with this?”
“It’s an option.”
“You could go to jail for that.”
He smiled. “They would have to catch me.”
“And that would never happen,” she said with a dash of scorn.
“I don’t make too many mistakes, Kenzie.”
“Sometimes I wish you would,” she sighed.”
1 likes