Start by marking “Game On (Out of Bounds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Game On (Out of Bounds, #1)

Game On

(Out of Bounds #1)

The only way to win is to score…

With a reputation for fast moves on the gridiron and even faster moves off the field, Shane Devlin was a player in every sense of the word. Unfortunately, his bad-boy persona has made him a risky prospect as a quarterback, and only the Baltimore Blaze are willing to give him a chance. And he’s about to take a hit he never expected.
Mass Market Paperback, 286 pages
Published May 7th 2013 by Berkley

The Help by Kathryn StockettThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsGone Girl by Gillian FlynnThe Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk KiddWater for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Best Beach Reads 2013
2,322 books — 4,357 voters
It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
920 books — 1,726 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Game On (Out of Bounds, #1)
Auntee
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of steamy sports romance; fans of asshat heroes
Okay, the good points first:

* This author can write. She tells a good story with plenty of detail--I like that.

*Her characters are well drawn. The heroine (Carly, assistant to the GM of the NFL Baltimore Blaze)) was pretty selfless and had a boatload of patience (in regards to the hero).

*Well plotted. A couple of twists and turns that I didn't expect.

*I love a good sports romance (although Jaci Burton is #1 in my book with her Play By Play series, this author shows some real promise).

*Nice and steamy love scenes. I should say sex scenes because tha
Denisa
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Average.

This is, IMHO, the perfect example of a 3-star book. It's not bad, but it's not great either. Cute, friendly characters, just like 100 more out there. Sweet but forgettable plot.

It's an ordinary read, beginning to end.
Anne OK
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
I'm always a sucker for a sports-related romance. This one wasn't a wowzer but it did serve me well. Another bad boy football quarterback looking for redemption as well as job; another mistreated and good girl heroine who has ties to the football team; a few dramatic family situations, and a relationship that begins with "no commitment" stamped on it. The sparks fly and the flame ignites and you end up with a fairly decent contemporary romance.
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This book has a great start with a hero and heroine who both appealed to me. But by the end, there was just too much drama with everyone, the hero came off as a jerk and I feel like we get cheated on the romance.

Shane Devlin is a NFL quarterback with a bad boy image in the press. Known for a hot temper and other naughty antics, he recently was let go from his team due to not only bad press, but a big interception. At 31 and still in peak performance, he heads to the tropics to get away from the
Mary
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I picked up Tracy's book because I had an hour or two free one afternoon last week. Well, after the first paragraph, I was hooked! The rest of the day passed by in a blur as I was so engrossed in the characters and story line of Game On I did nothing else, sadly finishing the book in the late evening, as I did not want the experience to end!

Tracy paces this novel expertly. Characters you think you may not like, professional football players with large egos, for example, end up in the
Paula

Shane Devlin, aka Devil of the NFL, has been stamped a bad boy in the press due to his hot temper and reputation with the ladies. Because of the bad press and a bad play he made, his team lets him go. Now he’s trying to find another team to play on. In the meantime, he heads to Mexico to get a little bit of R&R, and to get away from the media while his agent negotiates a new contract for him. As he’s waiting for the phone call that could get his career back on track one night, he sees a sexy
Once
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
Being a fan of football (GO PACK!!), I was very excited to read this book. Who doesn't love a man in tight pants?? I thought it was just a normal contemporary romance but this book had sizzle!! The sexual tension not only had me frustrated but coming back for more. Tracy Solhiem is an amazing writer.

The book starts off with Shane Devlin in Mexico on what we can call a hideout instead of a vacation. Shane is a quarterback for the NFL that has a wild side to him. Even though he was not in the wr
Nicole
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/05/06/...

I’m always on the lookout for new sports romance books, so when I saw that debut author Tracy Solheim was coming out with a series about football stars, I immediately went to get my hands on this book, and I’m glad I did!

Shane has a little bit of an attitude problem, and when he is let go from his contract, he worries if he’ll ever play in the NFL again. He gets picked up by the conservative Blaze, and is expected to follow their up-standing va
Jeannie
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm usually not a fan of this particular genre, but Tracy Solheim's story telling, character development and plot advancement has changed my perception! I couldn't wait to find out what happens next. By the end of the book I not only felt I knew each and every character personally but found myself actively cheering them on! Tracey has managed to elevate each "delicate" scene beyond the common denominator of her competition, keeping the reader engrossed in the beautiful, unfolding of a love story ...more
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
DNF

I read 39% of this book before calling it quits. The beginning was so good. I was into the lead characters. I was into their work situation. Then something happened and in comes a character, a kid. I know exactly what's going to happen and it's not my cup of tea. I don't like child plot moppets so I threw in the towel.
Ann
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-sports
Some football, a little suspense, a romance and some family drama.
Felicia
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a super cute book. I read this because it was on the Aubible Romance Package and because I needed it for a challenge. And I wasn't disappointed.

Carly works for an NFL team. Her family is associated with the team and gets her a position working for them. The team needs a new quarterback. That's where Shane comes in. He's a playboy superstar and he gets signed to the team.

Carly and Shane meet before he gets signed where they almost hook up. But it doesn't happen. A
Dark Faerie Tales
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales.

Quick & Dirty: Tabloids give us only a version of the truth. What happens when you get two infamous people together? Will love blossom or wither?

Opening Sentence: “Well, I’ll be doggone!”

The Review:

Let me preface this entire book review with “Purchase this book ASAP!” Tracy Solheim’s book resounds with sharp, witty dialogue and a plot that has many unexpected twists and turns while remaining so grounded that
Jess
Jan 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: C

Shane, known as the Devil of the NFL, is currently teamless but he has a chance at the QB position for the Baltimore Blaze after their starting quarterback is injured during the offseason. He signs with the Blaze and his drive to beat every single one of his dad’s NFL records is still on. He can’t stand his father and has refused to try and rebuild their broken relationship over the years and as a result he hasn’t gotten to know hi
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Okay, I admit it, a book about an NFL player, THAT cover and a synopsis which drew me in….yep, I was looking forward to reading this book.

We first meet Carly and Shane while both are both in Mexico, separately yet come together through somewhat accidental circumstances and end up pressed up against one another on the dance floor.

There’s obvious sexual chemistry between Carly and Shane, the bad boy NFL star who is on the brink of being signed by the Baltimore Blaze. The on
Komal
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Won through Goodreads Giveaway.

4.5 stars. This book started out all kinds of cheesy (i.e. phrases like da-bomb, dweeb, and even podiatrist we're used one to many times). But somewhere along the line, I found myself enjoying the story. The characters were engaging and the love story was unbelievably sweet. Even the football aspects were fun to read about. I wasn't expecting all the steamy sex scenes but they were an unexpected bonus. If I hadn't won this book, I wouldn't have given it a shot b
Connie
Loved it! Lots of action! Most of the characters suffer abandonment by love ones, therefore trust issues are huge in this story. NFL Baltimore Blaze Quarterback, Shane Devlin, allowed his hatred and resentment for his father to block his chance of sharing love with his team's GM assistant, Carly March. Shane even cut himself off from a loving relationship with his 12 year old half-brother, Troy, until a gun in the hands of a stalker shows him what is really important in life!
Andrea Dillon
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok the cover made me cringe a little cause I was afraid this was going to be all smut and no meat...but it was really good. I liked the back stories on all the characters and the development of their relationships. I think the Troy made the book...his character created the dynamic needed to be substantial. Anyway, enough with the big words...it was good, read it! I can't wait for the next one!
CL
A fantastic debut novel. This sports romance had everything in it, including a whole host of loveable secondary characters. I always find that a sign of a good romance writer is one that makes me care about the secondary characters as much as the Hero/Heroine.

I can't wait for the next book in the series.
Kathy Sufcak
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"Game On" is a fantastic debut novel from Tracy Solheim. I couldn't have chosen a better book to take on vacation. The characters were real as well as diverse. I can't wait for her next book "Foolish Games"
Allison Baker
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book written by a talented new author. Could not put this book down! It touches on all the emotions from laughter to crying! This suspenseful book leaves you craving the next good read from author - Tracy Solheim! Wicked Games
Isadora Moraes
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: wishlist
2.75
Maureen Wagener
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
tightly woven characters and plot... a most enjoyable read. Highly recommend it. A book you won't want to put down! I am looking forward to Tracy Solheim's next book!
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
3.5*
Shane is a quarterback in need of a team. Carly is an assistant to the Blaze, a team that gives Shane a second chance. It seems Shane is a bit too wild in his personal life (or so the tabloids say). Carly has had her own issues with the tabloids too. Oh, and the daddy issues both if them have.
I was pleasantly surprised I liked this one as much as I did. I thought with each character's issues I would have wanted to slap them both. Carly is the more mature one. I didn't like Shane'
Book Binge
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Carly is the assistant to the General Manager of the Baltimore Blaze – a professional football team and sister-in-law to the head coach. Shane Devlin just got picked up to be a quarterback for that team. They both know that a relationship between the two of them is a incredibly bad idea but they can’t seem to keep their hands off each other.

Carly is a woman who had an infamous mother and the paparazzi love to hate her. She’s actually a pretty nice woman but no matter what she does th
Christi Snow
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Review:
Overall, I enjoyed reading this book while I was actually reading it. I liked the setting and the mix of characters and the overall set-up of the book worked for me. The writing was clean and very well done. This author knows how to create deep characters and story lines that flow extremely well. Not once did something take me out of the story.

That being said, there were a few issues.

Personally, I had problems with the hero. I could understand his issues and how there has to be
Fedora
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Four and a half stars.

I picked up Game On at our local library on a whim and am so delighted I did. Tracy Solheim is a new-to-me author, and I really enjoyed the first book in her Out of Bounds series.

Carly March is an assistant to the owner of the Baltimore Blaze football team, and she's had first-hand experience to warn her away from getting involved with an athlete. No way, no how. But she definitely feels more than a spark of connection with the team's new possible st
Tori Meskell
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I don't enjoy sports, but I do enjoy romances. I wouldn't normally buy this book, but I figured, new author, give some support. This book is a very smooth read. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this book is. The characters draw you in and make you really care about what is happening to them. I rarely laugh out loud at books, and more rarely do they make me cry. I did both with this story, a sign of truly good writing. I am so pleased that Tracy Solheim is out on the market. I can't wait fo ...more
Clare O'Beara
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: america-romance
Shane Devlin is a quarterback without a game, nursing his hurt pride on the Mexican Riviera while he waits for a call, and when he meets Carly March she's just another lovely lady, not all that impressed by him. But when she's handling publicity for his new team, the Baltimore Blaze, he's glad they didn't get involved.

GAME ON takes us inside professional American football, from paperwork and publicity to down and dirty on the pitch. Coach Richardson's wife is battling cancer, and Car
Duck
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
The fact that I love football so much had me wanting to read this story.

Shane and Carly (aka Dorothy) meet in Cabo while Shane is waiting on some news about the upcoming season. Carly is out there with her fashion friend while on vacation. After a little back and forth sparks are about fly but Carly runs off before anything can happen. They would soon meet again of course.

I liked Shane and Carly together. They helped each other with something they both desperately needed
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• This Is Crazy (This is, #1)
  • One Night with a Quarterback (Santa Fe Bobcats, #1)
  • Rush Me (New York Leopards, #1)
  • This Is Wild (This is, #2)
  • Already Gone
  • Undeclared (Woodlands, #1)
  • On the Surface (In the Zone, #1)
  • Dump and Chase (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #1)
  • Anton (Chicago Blaze, #1)
  • Dax (Arizona Vengeance, #4)
  • Luca (Chicago Blaze, #2)
  • Major Misconduct (Aces Hockey, #1)
  • Hate the Game (Love Games #1)
  • Victor (Chicago Blaze, #3)
  • Rushing Amy (Love and Football, #2)
  • No Feelings Involved (Forever Love #2)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
Tracy Solheim writes books with shirtless men on the cover. Some of them are actually best-sellers. The books, not the men. When she's not writing, she's practicing her curling. . . bottles of wine, that is. She's been known to cook dinner but no more than two nights in a row. Most days, she'd rather be reading, which to her is just necessary research. She lives in the suburbs of Atlanta with her ...more

Out of Bounds (4 books)
  • Foolish Games (Out of Bounds, #2)
  • Risky Game (Out of Bounds, #3)
  • Sleeping with the Enemy (Out of Bounds, #4)