Start by marking “Black Sun Reich (The Spear of Destiny, #1)” as Want to Read:
Black Sun Reich (The Spear of Destiny, #1)

Black Sun Reich (The Spear of Destiny #1)

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Black Sun Reich: Part One of three in The Spear of Destiny, the first novel in a new steampunk, horror, alternate history, action-adventure series set in a 1920s where the Nazis have begun their subjugation of the world using the occult, advanced science, and a holy relic with awesome powers.

And don't miss the other parts of this serialized novel—Part Two: Death's Head Leg
Published December 18th 2012 by Harper Voyager

To ask other readers questions about Black Sun Reich, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Sun Reich

Celia
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
More than one group of people are after the Spear of Destiny - and some unlikely characters are teaming up to stop the release of darkness into the world.

This book is truly one of a kind, in my opinion. Containing the theme of a political background with a twist of steampunk, it will take the reader on a thrilling adventure with dynamic characters. With its twinges of humor, it allows the reader to be fully entertained. The background of the story is also prepared well since it includes not only
Simone
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review. This was an amazing steampunk novel. I love books like this, ones that have people hunting for some powerful ancient artifact. Yes, this is like reading an Indiana Jones adventure mixed with a bit of horror. It was a fun novel for me, I honestly couldn’t put it down down and it’s also a quick read. If you like adventure, science fiction, or a mix of both genres, this is the book for you. I can’t wait for book two to see what happe ...more
Chris Herborth
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi
I was expecting a sort of horror-flavoured Indiana Jones type of thing; what I got was an extensive alt-history lesson about how a libertarian Texas would be awesome. Alt-history buffs would probably enjoy this more than I did.
Fiona Ottley
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Pretty ordinary.
Honza
Sep 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: trey-garrison
Crap
Tony Calder
Part alternate history, part steampunk, part pulp adventure and part occult horror, this short book functions as a scene-setter for the remaining two books in the series. The world background is described (there is a nod to libertarianism that could have come straight out of a Heinlein novel), the cast of characters is introduced, and the quest is laid out.

To me, this book is very reminiscent of the old Saturday afternoon serials shown before the main feature, although with much better dialogue
John
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steampunk
Very surprised with this book. I wasn't expecting much to be honest but the mix of pulp and weird science was a real blast.
It was like reading an unleashed indiana jones adventure.
Heavily recommended to all fans of pulp stories
Russ
Mar 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
Painfully slow. Painfully uninteresting.
John Castle
rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2016
patrick
Mar 14, 2017

The Spear of Destiny (3 books)
  • Death's Head Legion (The Spear of Destiny, #2)
  • Shadows Will Fall (The Spear of Destiny, #3)