Start by marking “Witch Way Bends (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy #1)” as Want to Read:
Witch Way Bends (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Witch Way Bends

(Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy #1)

Devan Stowe has only one thing on her mind when she teams up with Kent Crosby and his gang—putting an end to her father’s child trafficking business. Her determination takes her on a journey to discover her true strength and... the one man she was destined to love. Devan will unlock an amazing gift that will free her from her past and open up a future full of magic, ...more
Nook, Nook
Published November 23rd 2011 by Olivia Hardin

To ask other readers questions about Witch Way Bends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Way Bends

Start your review of Witch Way Bends (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy #1)
The BookChick
My Rating:

Book Description:
Devan Stowe is a woman on a quest. She has only one thing on her mind when she teams up with Kent Crosby and his associates—putting an end to her father’s child trafficking business. Her determination takes her on a journey to discover her true strength and… the one man she was destined to love. In his arms, she’ll learn the meaning of trust, honor, and courage. Old friends and new will come together to help Devan unlock an amazing gift that will free her from her
Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Ooo boy. I got this book for free on Amazon and read it as part of a book challenge. If it hadn't been for the Challenge, I would have put down this book and not finished it. I know that there are several people here on GR that loved and raved about it, and that's great, but this just wasn't the book for me.

The book begins in what feels like mid-chapter, or even 3 or 4 chapters in, in the middle of what seems to be an important scene. But we have no idea who anyone is, or what's going on. Other
Kirsten Lenius
Jun 08, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am usually a fan of this genre, but this book has far too many flaws for me to appreciate it. To start with, there are misused words which is a huge pet peeve for me, and the female main character's name spelling changes from Devan to Devon and back.

The story as a whole is disjointed and inadequately explained. I actually read the first third of the book twice, just to make sure that I hadn't missed something.

The characters themselves were presented as being older, yet they acted and reacted
Rae Ryans
Feb 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This story featured a solid plot and combined it with excellent characters. At times your uncertain who is friend or foe, but this is done on purpose in the beginning. There is plenty of steamy romance, vampires, witches, magic and secret organizations on both side. This story is action packed, but still has enough paranormal and romantic tones to keep you pulled in.

Will Devan be able to accept who she really is? Is she crazy or is Roon real? Can Langston teach and guide her before it's too
Cassie
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Loved it!! One of my favorites!
  LunaBel
I find this book like a movie you are bored to watch but you still watch it 'till the end. There was too much randomness in it. The idea isn't bad at all but the conversations, the actions were too immature. There were gapes in the novel, details that I felt were just thrown here and there. And other details were missing which created a lack of coherence and it annoyed me.

I really couldnt picture Dev and Kent like two adults. The novel only felt right when I imagined them like two 17 years old
Cassy
Jun 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plus side: The characters are very interesting, the plot line moves steadily and the descriptions of magic are very powerful.
Minus: The beginning! I almost put the book down because it had such a confusing intro without telling you the least of what you are dealing with.
The relationship between Dev and her beau was unbelievably cheesy even for a romance.
Unimaginative bodylanguage: I got to the point of almost deleting the whole thing if someone cocked their head or bit their lip again!
Dawn (Kat N Hat)
The actual story line of Devan finding out she was a witch and helping defeat a group of bad vamps was pretty good. But the writting left a bit to be desired. The story seemed to start mid story and the lack of internal dialog hindered the understanding of what was going on. It made places in the story just not make sense. A little more explanation in the story could have made it earn more stars.

Right now, I don't have a desire to read the next book.
Delphina
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I am not even really sure where to begin. There was so much I liked about this book. While I am going to try really hard not to give any spoilers that will impact your enjoyment of this story, I can not guarantee that I will not inadvertently over share. I apologize in advance, if I do. This is the first book in a trilogy about a woman who discovers she is a witch, as she is helping to bring down an evil organization. I know this sounds like many witch story arcs, but this story is anything, but ...more
Buffy Kennedy
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Olivia Hardin’s writing style reminds me a bit of Jacquelyn Frank’s in that a passage might focus on one character’s point of view, but we could still shift slightly to know what others are thinking or feeling. The tone of the story is also reminiscent of JF by having fairly demure love scenes and a big focus on the characters, story, and world itself rather than the individual events that transpire, such as every little thing during a fight scene.

As for the story, it grips you from the
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
Today's review is on Witch Way Bends, Book 1 of the Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy by Olivia Hardin.

This book grabs you from the very beginning with our heroine Devan Stowe contemplating weather or not to join in on the "mission". The mission to thwart her fathers business of selling children. To succeed she has teamed up with Kent Crosby and his men.

Unknown to her, Kent and his people are not what they seem. They are a mixed team of supernaturals. Langston is a Shaman, and the only person in the group
Andrea Heltsley
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book as a kindle freebie on Amazon. It sat on my shelf for a while until one day I came across it and decided to finally pick it up. Yeah, so I am glad I did.

*Kent* *sigh* You've gotta appreciate a sexy guy in any book. To be a fly on the wall in many scenes of this book, I would love to be. I liked his character and his part of the story that unfolded as the book continued.

I was a little sad that Devan jumped so headfirst into everything that was thrown at her. She was just too
Amy
Apr 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
www.the-book-diaries.blogspot.com
I was very skeptical in the beginning of this story because it feels like you start in the middle of a story. It works though because you learn a bit more towards the end that pulls it all together. Devan, who believes she is an ordinary woman, is working with a group of men set out to destroy a group called the Org. Devan has personal ties to this group because her father is one of them. Kent, Nicky, and Langston all have gifts that help support their cause.
Star
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kent Crosby’s team took on Devan Stowe because she has information which will help stop her father’s child trafficking ring. What Devan doesn’t realize is that she has more potential than she ever realized. She has a great gift which she will need to learn to use quickly to save herself and her newfound friends. Can she bring down her father’s network, gain mastery of her gift, and find the love of her life?

WITCH WAY BENDS drops you in the middle of the action and shakes you up. The story has
Melissa Lummis
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm reading this paranormal/fantasy series backwards, as I read Bitten Shame first, the second one. That happens to me sometimes, but it made absolutely no difference in my enjoyment of this book.

I love Olivia Hardin's talent for making her characters emote in such away that I am drawn in to their lives and am able to bond with them. I got lost in Devan and Kent's journey to right the wrongs of their past, to forge ahead despite the obstacles and to take the biggest leap of faith: to trust
Beth Wright
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-read
This is one incredible unigue paranormal book. *Drool* sexy, hot male lead who clearly loves to tease his lover for a while before he finally gives in. Come on now i would have thrown him to the floor and taught him a thing or two about teasing lol. Witchs, fairy, vampires and lots of action, and love gonig on up in this book :D I love their unigue powers and her imaginary friend is a hotty as well 0.o you must read this book. Things are not as they seem in this story. I so can not wait for part ...more
Shelly
Mar 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, fantasy, firstreads
Great Book. This book is fast reading and very engaging. The powers of the various characters are gripping and fun. Devan is a very complex character and I love how she grows into her powers through the pages of this book. Her interaction with Langston and Kent are wonderful. Must read if you like paranormal powers and romance.
I received this book by winning a giveway from Goodreads First Reads.
Kira
This was the best kindle freebie I've got yet. It's nice to read some paranormal fantasy stuff whilst waiting for some other books to come out. This was a good, fast paced (and quick) read and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Debbie
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Can't wait to find out what happens next.
vamsally
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A witch who never knew who she was joins forces with others with power to overthrow a certain dark organization and in the midst the witch and the warlock fall in love. The story had a fair bit of action, heat and romance, and interesting plot twists. The reason I can't give this more than three star is that something about this story just did not get me excited. All the elements of a good paranormal romance is there, but something was missing in the story. Also, the background of the story is ...more
Linda Levine
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Devan is determined to fix things once she discovers that those she loves have been victimizing children. She will have to decide who she can trust in her mission to save them.

I enjoyed the book. It is a good start to the series. As it is a start, there is more development needed. There is a good mix of action and romance and it keeps it moving at a good pace.
Stephanie
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. This is a new author for me but it was an interesting read. The characters are well written and the book is an interesting mix of characters that blend together.
Tina
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a really fast and fun read. The story line was a keep you on the edge of your seat. I hardly put this book down. I look forward to reading more of this author's work. Being that she is new to me I really enjoyed her writing.
Cindy
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thi
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An overall enjoyable and entertaining read. A good start to the series.
Jeanette
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
T was a good book to Read I liked Reading it alot.
Yuliya
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. Nice, interesting read. Liked this book a lot. Recommend this story.
Anna Zollinger
Oct 28, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-trash, fantasy
4 chapters in and I already count the following:

1 use of a racial/ethnic slur:
For those of you who don't know, the word Gypsy IS a racial slur; a non-preferred and derogatory ethnic slur for the nomadic Romani peoples.

2 incorrect usages of the word Shaman: Even though Anthropologists use the term “Shamanism” to refer to a lot of various practices that have similarities (such as using altered states of consciousness to speak to spirits, using these spirits for healing and other things, etc) but
Phaedra Seabolt
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Witch Way Bends is such an appropriate name for this story (you will have to read to find out why). Devan thinks she is just a normal woman with a very bad family. Her family seems to be into trafficking children for purposes that no one would approve, but she doesn't know the truth. What she knows is only half the truth. Yes they are trafficking children and yes you would not approve of the reasons, but the reason is supernatural instead of just sick. What Devan also doesn't know is that she ...more
Naomi
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Witch Way Bends is a fantastic read and I couldn’t help but be absorbed into the world that Olivia Hardin had created. She has taken the usual Paranormal worlds that I have imagined and put more of a magic spin to it as Witches are the main characters in this series.

After discovering her Father’s child trafficking business, Devon Stowe wants to put a stop to it. But she doesn’t realise the Paranormal world actually exists until she is on a mission with Kent and his team. It is after this mission
« previous 1 3 next »
The Free Book Cha...: Witch Way Bends, by Olivia Hardin 5 43 Jun 17, 2015 08:48PM
The Bend-Bite-Shift Box Set Tour Sign Ups! 1 4 Oct 31, 2013 12:00PM

• Grave Intentions (Grave, #1)
  • The Marquis is Trapped (The Pink Collection)
  • The Seraph's Fate (The Rule of Three, #1)
  • Run Among Thorns
  • Blood and Snow (Seven Magics Academy #1)
  • Toil and Trouble (Jolie Wilkins, #2)
  • Savor (Warm Delicacy, #1)
  • Ruthless Idols (Gifted Academy #2)
  • Defending Kyra (Guardians, #1)
  • Lure of Obsession (Muse Chronicles, #1)
  • The Dead Club
  • Bound (Arelia LaRue, #1)
  • Evolution (Evolution, #1)
  • Stumbling (The Fool's Path, #1)
  • The Stone Protector (Keepers of the Flame, #1)
  • Dangerous Attractions
  • June's Blood (Blood Flesh Bone, #1)
  • Family Magic (Hayle Coven #1)

Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy (3 books)
  • Bitten Shame (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #2)
  • Shifty Business (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #3)