Start by marking “Marry in Haste” as Want to Read:
Marry in Haste

Marry in Haste

‘I need to marry, and I need to marry at once.’ When James, Viscount Demarr confides in an acquaintance at a ball one evening, he has no idea that the potential solution to his problems stands so close at hand …

Amelia Ravenscroft is the granddaughter of a earl and is desperate to escape her aunt’s home where she has endured a life of drudgery, whilst fighting off the incre
Published August 31st 2012 by Choc Lit (first published September 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Marry in Haste, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marry in Haste

Lark
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audio version of this, read by Jilly (surname escapes me). I enjoyed the narration very much, though I suspect Jilly's sense of irony was just a tinch on display. That was a good thing.
The story is short and fast-moving which pleased me. I don't like very long audio books. The style was quite pleasing, and there was some humour. The hero failed the would-he-really test a few times. I loved the squire's wife and her son and liked the relationship between Amelia and her little st
Jessica
Non sono ancora convinta sulle tre stelle, direi più un 2.75!
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Couldn't get into it. This is the type of romance that gives romance novels a bad name.

H/h are wed because she is fleeing a lecherous cousin and he needs a quick wife to please his grandfather after a scandal. The title is misleading, the only one who should be repenting the marriage is Amelia; since the moment they marry, James is suspicious of her for no good reason. OMG, she's NOT PLUMP, SHE'S THIN AND ATTRACTIVE BUT DISGUISED HERSELF BY PADDING HER CLOTHES TO REPEL HER COUSIN'S ATTENTION? Sh
Liz Harris
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What's a girl to do? She's in a dire predicament, must escape from it, but can't see how, and then she overhears Lord Demarr say that he urgently needs to get married!

Well, she does the only thing she can -she steps forward and volunteers herself. And without even seeing how devilishly good-looking he is!

This is a delightful story of two charming characters overcoming their initial mistrust and misgivings and coming together.

I loved it and couldn't put it down. An entertaining read that is well
Janet
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very nice sweet read. I enjoyed the authors writting very much. This book was a gift for my mother from my daughter Tara however, I just had to read it. It is a very fun book. I know my mother will enjoy this read very much. I also am glad it is in large print. There are so many good books out there but not many in large print for the elderly who have eye problems. Thanks for making it in large print.
Heather
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

Amelia father was a military man , after death of her mother feel into gambling and committed suicide. Leaving her penniless she had to go to her aunt thru marriage whom used her for a servant and allowed her son to try harass her. One grateful night she over years a conversation that might help her out of her horror.

James a viscount needs a wife his grandfather last wish with his failing health ask him to remarry. No one is willing did to the scandal with his name.. Till Amelia ask him to m
Carol W
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I do enjoy Christina Courntenay's writing and so I just had to get a copy of this novella for a weekend read.

The opening scene sees Amelia eavesdropping on a conversation between two gentlemen at a ball. Her curiosity and current predicament get the better of her and she agrees to marry one of the men without knowing why he is in such a hurry to marry.

So begins a full on adventure that takes the 2 main characters charging across the country to Marry in Haste and worry about the consequences late
Sue
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This novella has all the ingredients I enjoy in a book; romance, adventure and tension. For a book of 117 pages there is quite a lot going on, but it all blends in so easily and effortlessly that you just get drawn into it. There is the main story of James and Amelia but there is also more than one sub-plot running throughout.

I liked Amelia’s determination and the fact that she wasn’t a push-over and James although not perfect, was a great hero.

I always enjoy Christina Courtenay’s writing style
Sorcha O'Dowd
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Marry in Haste was such an amazing book. I read it in less than three hours because I just couldn't put it down.
Amelia was such a breath of fresh air and I loved the relationship she had with James' children, it was so lovely I had tears in my eyes reading their scenes.
James is such a wonderful character because he is flawed. He finds it difficult to trust Amelia and I loved how Amelia and James had to fight for their relationship and their marriage, when James makes many a mistake through jea
Tara Chevrestt
To read a review and find out what real life handsome hottie Ms. Courtenay had in mind while writing this novella, please see my blog post: http://wwwbookbabe.blogspot.com/2011/...
Cici
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clean-romance
I really enjoyed this book. The plot was fun. Very clean.
Leigh
Sep 23, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A star for the heroine because she is a strong woman. No star for the H because there were times that I wanted to strangle him or shoot him in the balls.
Mrs L J Chorley
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good

Lovely - not read many of this author's books but if they are all as good as this one then I look forward to reading them
Nella
Mar 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, audiobook, romance
great light read
Terry
Sep 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: from-library
A very fun, light quick read. I love this author's writing style.
Cathy (cathepsut)
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014, romance
Silly, shallow and entertaining. Nice, mindless brain candy. Marriage of convenience well done.
Ann
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, but a pretty vanilla read.
Patricia
Mar 26, 2014
Nikky
Mar 30, 2014
RomLibrary
Whilst accompanying her aunt to a ball in Bath, Amelia overhears a young man declare that he is looking for a bride. As she is desperate to escape the attentions of her lecherous cousin, Sir Bernard, she impulsively offers her hand in marriage. They elope to Gretna Green, but James begins to have doubts about Amelia's past.
Julie goy
Sep 13, 2012
Olga
Jan 22, 2013
Rajesh
rated it did not like it
Aug 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Half English/half Swedish, grew up in Sweden, then moved to Japan for a while.
Writes historical romance/adventure stories and time slip. Also YA romance as Pia Fenton.
Former Chairman of Romantic Novelist's Association.