Start by marking “More Tea, Jesus?” as Want to Read:
More Tea, Jesus?

More Tea, Jesus?

The second coming is nigh . . . it just happens to be coming at rather an inconvenient time.

It’s been an eventful month for the village of Little Collyweston: Reverend Andy Biddle, still trying to regain his dignity following an ill-advised omelette analogy during a sermon, teeters on the brink of scandal. Opinionated parishioner Sathan Petty-Saphon has spotted an opportun
Published August 27th 2012 by Authonomy

To ask other readers questions about More Tea, Jesus?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Tea, Jesus?

Start your review of More Tea, Jesus?
Spudballoo
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. My first 'must read' of 2012. Very cleverly put together, loved the tone and the pace. So very very English, laughed my way through it.
Melanie
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
No More Tea, Please

I won't be reviewing this one on my blog as I don't have much to say about it. Not to my taste -- was hoping for a bit more cleverness but it didn't seem to say anything meaningful and was a little too arch about sexuality for my taste. The cover was the best part of the book for me. Disappointed that I didn't like it more, as I had hoped I would!
Andy Holloway
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written book with cleverly thought through characters who, at times, have a marvellous cringe-worthy-ness that hooked me even more. Definitely recommended read!
Mar Dixon
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book - it was witty, refreshing and brilliantly written. As the reader, we're following the life (both professionally and personally) of Rev Andy Biddle and his life in St Barnabas and you can't but help love the character and the situations he finds himself in.

More Tea, Jesus is typical of village life - I found myself laughing with the familiar scenes being describe. I also found the best description of Committee life (especially in small town/village life):

"Before long, the co
Ágnes Palásthy
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings with this book. It somehow feels as if it were put together from two different books, i.e. the first and the second half. The first part is hilarious. A really funny caricature of the English small town with some typical characters and their comings and goings. Also, it was quite funny how the author revealed the problems of the Church of England as he sees it. The trouble was I think that he suddenly wanted to dig too deep in the second half. The tone of the book turned in ...more
Stephen Ormsby
Dec 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is a great little book of what would happen should Jesus drop by and say hi! This is a very funny look at what happens when that happens in a little English town who are not really ready for it. This had me giggling all the way through.

If you want a nice light funny read then this is the book. A drunk vicar, making omelettes during services and even… yes, you guessed it… Jesus. The country-side of England will never be the same again.
Jennie
Mar 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jesus appears in a parochial English village with a dreadful choir and some quite odd inhabitants and causes mayhem.
I giggled a lot during this story. Insightful and thoughtful as well as witty and amusing.
Rachel
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
extremely funny, but also surprisingly moving. as comedic theological allegories go, it's rather a good one.
Duncan
Jeanne Dean
Dec 23, 2018
Lynsey Dalladay
Nov 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Funny, witty, warm and absolutely brilliant. An easy read, I loved it.
Ingrid Lamberts
Jan 24, 2013
Patrice Hoffman
Mar 27, 2013
James Lark
Apr 20, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommended to James by: http://jameslark.co.uk/moreteajesus/i...
Renee
Oct 03, 2014
Robert Durkin
May 16, 2016
Mahri-claire
Jan 10, 2017

• The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2)
  • Raising Steam (Discworld, #40, Moist von Lipwig #3)
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
  • Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • John Dies at the End (John Dies at the End, #1)
  • Stardust
  • A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
  • Uprooted
  • The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3)
  • A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
  • Spinning Silver
  • The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)
  • Deliciously Ella: 100+ Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Plant-Based, Gluten-Free Recipes
James Lark's debut novel, More Tea, Jesus?, was published as an e-book last year and he collaborated on Fringe, a light hearted guide to the Edinburgh Fringe. His other work as a writer includes internet dramas Degrees of Separation and The Sitcom ("if you haven't already watched it you absolutely must" - The Guardian) and several short films, most recently A Hand in the Bush, A Cake for Jim Broad ...more

News & Interviews