Start by marking “Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit (Michigan Chillers, #8)” as Want to Read:
Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit (Michigan Chillers, #8)

Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit (Michigan Chillers #8)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  367 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
No one would believe them. That's why Nick and Summer took the dinosaur egg back with them through the time-portal. But they forgot that the egg has parents and they're not stopping until they find it!
Published April 1st 2001 by Audio Craft Pr Inc

To ask other readers questions about Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit

Josiah
Jun 25, 2016 rated it did not like it
Horror in the Wolverine State takes the form of time-traveling dinosaurs this time, as we enter the big city of Detroit. When Nick's grandfather lets him in on a huge family secret—that a window through time regularly opens up in an abandoned field in Detroit, but just once every fifty years and only for a period of one week—Nick has to check it out. If it's possible to hitch a ride to the distant past or future, what kid could turn down that opportunity and live with himself? To Nick's surpris ...more
Adam
Dec 22, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: a fan of the chillers series
I read this book a few years ago, so bare with me as I try to recount the story. Two kids (I don't remember the names) find a "window" into another time period. This time period happens to be a time when dinosaurs ruled the earth with an iron fist, or claw. Anyways, the two kids, being the bright kids that they are, decide to bring a dinosaur egg back to the present. Then, the egg hatches into a baby T-Rex. The T-Rex runs away into Detroit, where it's two parents (big T-Rex's) come and try to fi ...more
Amritha Vivek
Mar 11, 2009 rated it did not like it
Nick's grandfather told him about a window through time that opens up every 50 years. Nick decides to wait for the day his grandfather told him it would open up and waits. To his surprise, a window opens up and he pass through. He finds himself in the time of the dinosaurs and he picks up a dinosaur egg and takes it back home. A few days later the egg hatches and the baby dinosaur ruins Nick's neighborhood. Nick and his friend Summer have to find a way to stop the baby dinosaur from destroying D ...more
Nicholas Martin
Sep 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit is written by Johnathan Rand. Nick the main character found a portal to the past and went to the past and thought that it would be cool to bring a dinosaur egg back. When the egg hatched Nick later found out that bringing that egg back was not cool at all. Read to find out were and what that dinosaurs all does. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes dinosaurs and adventure.
Ryan Shearer
Feb 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit was my book for January. The authors name was Jonathan Rand it was a good book. I did like the book a lot it was interesting. The main setting in the book was in Detroit Michigan the main characters were Nick Summer. The main conflict was the dinosaurs destroying Detroit but I would recommend the book to others because it was a good book. I would recommend the book to kids my age. Because they might like it like I did.
Tyler Waddell
Nov 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Nick and summer go through portal that leads them to the year dinosaurs were living. Nick takes a egg back with him to rember the trip. The dinosaur egg soon hatches and the soon more and more dinosaurs come to detriot and start destroying the city.It's up to Nick and Summer to defeat the dino's and all they all cheeseburgers and quick wits. Will the survie?
Katherine Lehman
Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit
Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit is by Jonathan Rand. Nick and Summer discover a secret window through time. They both know that no one will believe them so they bring back proof… A dinosaur's egg. No big deal right?? Yes big deal! The Big Mom and Dad Dinosaurs come to get the egg back. I bet you can’t guess what type of Dino they are….A Tyrannosaurus Rex!
Taylor Fedewa
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit by Johnathan Rand Is about two kids Nick and Summer who travel back in time 65 million years. Nick thinks that when he gets back that no one will believe them so he brought a dinosaur egg back with them. Soon Nick finds out not to take a dinosaurs egg. Can they stop the dinosaur? I would recommend this book to people who like adventurous books.
Tyler Smith
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book. It is about how two friends find a dinosaur egg in a time warp that only shows up once every few years but they forget that the egg has parents and the parents follow them back to Detroit.
Kristin
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kids go back into the future in the dinosaur age and come back almost getting eaten by a T Rex. They come back to discover that dinosaurs invaded Detroit, Michigan and that they destroyed the time machine. This book is for people who like horror, and adventure.
Ashley Fisher
Feb 18, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this with the child I tutored for ENG 308 because his interests lied in science fiction. I love how these books are based in Michigan because it provides a connection for our students who read them.
Peyton Archer
I read this for my february book. It was was a pretty good book it was bases off of detroit michigan. The main character was nick. it was about how dinosaurs go around and destroy detroit. I would like to keep reading this series of book.
XXWandellXx
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit is a suspenseful book with many events, it really sets the mood for all age groups.
Reese
Oct 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
its about how they travel back in time and find an egg and bring it back and it is a t-rex and they have 7 days to put it back in the past as long with the t-rex's parents.
Susan
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
The time travel element of this book really appealed to me. Lots of fun for elementary age readers.
Collin
Sep 21, 2010 rated it liked it
This is a short chapter book for people who likes keeping the reader in suspense and waiting just to see what comes in the future.
Renetta DeBoer
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked the idea of dinosaurs roaming the streets of Detroit.
Crazed Jaws
Sep 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
If you like dinos and desrtuction you better read this. It is a nother great edition to the chillers saga.
Erin Fischer-Ballew
Jan 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of our favorites in this series!
Andre
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book is about these kids go back in time to dinosaurs and they are i detroit they are detroying detroit how will they get back home...
Paul
The books in this series were pretty fun to read back in elementary school. This one was one of my favorites.
Jon
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i didnt know t rexs liked cheese burgers
Brendan
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite book's not only was it what got me reading the series but it was made to have very good cliffhangers which is what hooked me I would definable
Ethan
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was a great book because it has a lot of suspenseful moments and is extremely intense. recommended to all age groups.
Caleb
Ryan
Oct 24, 2015
Austin
Jan 22, 2014
  • The Garden Gate (Threshold #4)
  • The Author's Blood (The Wormling, #5)
  • Baby Island
  • McKenna
  • The Third Door (The Three Doors Trilogy #3)
  • Of Witches and Wind (The Ever Afters #2)
  • Kasper in the Glitter
  • Will at the Battle of Gettysburg 1863 (Boys of Wartime)
  • Rice
  • A Hat for Ivan
  • 501 Must-Visit Natural Wonders
  • I Was There
  • Scooby Doo and the Weird Water Park
  • The Tempest: A Case Study in Critical Controversy
  • Body and Soul: A Girl's Guide to a Fit, Fun and Fabulous Life
  • The Dragon of Cripple Creek
Christopher Wright is the author of dozens of horror fiction books for children and young adults. He writes under the pseudonyms Johnathan Rand and Christopher Knight. Almost all of Wright's books (save American Chillers) take place in his home state of Michigan.
More about Johnathan Rand...

Michigan Chillers (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Mayhem on Mackinac Island (Michigan Chillers, #1)
  • Terror Stalks Traverse City (Michigan Chillers, #2)
  • Poltergeists of Petoskey (Michigan Chillers, #3)
  • Aliens Attack Alpena (Michigan Chillers, #4)
  • Gargoyles of Gaylord (Michigan Chillers, #5)
  • Strange Spirits of St. Ignace (Michigan Chillers, #6)
  • Kreepy Klowns of Kalamazoo (Michigan Chillers, #7)
  • Sinister Spiders of Saginaw (Michigan Chillers, #9)
  • Mackinaw City Mummies (Michigan Chillers, #10)
  • Great Lakes Ghost Ship (Michigan Chillers, #11)