Start by marking “AuSable Alligators (Michigan Chillers, #12)” as Want to Read:
AuSable Alligators (Michigan Chillers, #12)

AuSable Alligators

(Michigan Chillers #12)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  135 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Are there alligators in the local trout stream? Craig Pierce and Heather Penrose need to find the answers... but will they live to tell about it?
Published December 18th 2005 by Audio Craft Pr Inc

To ask other readers questions about AuSable Alligators, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about AuSable Alligators

Josiah
Oct 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Johnathan Rand takes a break from the supernatural, presenting a villain that isn't a ghost, ogre, or living gargoyle: alligators, found swimming in Michigan's AuSable River by twelve-year-old Craig Pierce. Craig has gone fly fishing in the AuSable since his father taught him at age nine, and he loves matching wits with brown brook trout and the occasional rainbow trout that bite on his homemade flies. One night when Craig is fishing by himself, a tiny alligator breaks the water's surface to att ...more
Heather
Sep 02, 2008 rated it liked it
I initially picked up this book after "googling" myself and finding it contains a character sharing my full name. I recently read it with my 5 year old nephew.
We both enjoyed it.
The main character is a 12 year old boy who loves to fly fish. Rand includes rich descriptions of riparian sights and sounds, fly fishing, and of native birds and fish of Michigan, which spur conversations and further research.
While on a night fishing outing, the boy discovers that there are alligators living in the Au
Katherine Lehman
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
AuSable Alligators
AuSable Alligators by Jonathan Rand is a book that will keep you on the edge of your seat and you won’t want to put the book down! Craig likes to fish in the river down behind his house but he thinks he sees something big in the water. Of course no one will believe him. Alligators do not live in Michigan! He tells his friend Heater and they will investigate but will they ever stay alive to tell their tail?
Connor O'Connell
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was great for children that love mysteries. It incorporates a thriller with good geographical information that will educate students on Michigan streams. Definitely a fiction book with factual information. I connected with this book because alligators were let go in my lake! I would say this book would be for grades 3-5 because the plot does get a little frightening. This book is a great chapter book mystery that can leave you with cliff hangers but keeps you reading on.
Scott
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was curious about Johnathan Rand's series of children's "horror" titles so read this one. Better writing than I expected and young readers will be sure to enjoy it. There are a lot of "jump scares"; for example a chapter ends on a hint of danger, and the beginning of the next chapter reveals that it was nothing. When my son gets a bit older and has the patience for a story without pictures I'll read these to him.
Renetta DeBoer
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not really chilling but really cool. Felt like I was watching a Crocodile Dundee movie or the discovery channel. It was cool.
Crazed Jaws
Sep 28, 2008 rated it liked it
An interesting addition to the saga. It wasnt your best but it was interesting.
Youtubeboy98
Mar 25, 2012 marked it as to-read
this is stupid it wont let me read it
Em
May 03, 2018
David jones
Nov 25, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Christopher Wright is the author of dozens of horror fiction books for children and young adults. He writes under the pseudonyms Johnathan Rand and Christopher Knight. Almost all of Wright's books (save American Chillers) take place in his home state of Michigan.

Michigan Chillers (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Mayhem on Mackinac Island (Michigan Chillers, #1)
  • Terror Stalks Traverse City (Michigan Chillers, #2)
  • Poltergeists of Petoskey (Michigan Chillers, #3)
  • Aliens Attack Alpena (Michigan Chillers, #4)
  • Gargoyles of Gaylord (Michigan Chillers, #5)
  • Strange Spirits of St. Ignace (Michigan Chillers, #6)
  • Kreepy Klowns of Kalamazoo (Michigan Chillers, #7)
  • Dinosaurs Destroy Detroit (Michigan Chillers, #8)
  • Sinister Spiders of Saginaw (Michigan Chillers, #9)
  • Mackinaw City Mummies (Michigan Chillers, #10)