Start by marking “Painting on the Pond” as Want to Read:
Painting on the Pond

Painting on the Pond

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Gaze Into Heaven is a compilation of fifty documented near-death experiences of life beyond the veil, drawn from the early history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Filled with insight and inspiration, this book melds engrossing personal
Paperback
Published September 1st 2003 by Bonneville

To ask other readers questions about Painting on the Pond, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Painting on the Pond

Berdean
Jan 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is about a young artist who moves to beautiful mountain area to paint. His buddy who he has grown up with, sells his paintings. The ghost story of Marnae enters into story, a young woman dressed in white, whose father wouldn't let her marry her stable hand boyfriend, appears to David in pond image. David has bad accident falling off horse during a storm, gets saved by young gal also riding a horse coming from other direction. She saves his life. The end of the story is amazing discovering w ...more
Krista
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and Clean Romance!
Angel Shears
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was not sure what to expect from this book it was a very good book and I enjoyed the story. It is a mystery, love story and adventure in one. I was lucky enough to meet the author and get both this book and the second one. Can't wait to start on it.
Jun 11, 2008 rated it liked it
It was a total cheesy romance novel, but very clean Lds based book.
Chrissy
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
It was a bit trying in the beginning to stay interested as the story was rather slow moving. However I am glad that I pressed forward as the story did pick up speed and became interseting.

The young man David is a painter and his friend Jerry has an art gallery where the paintings done by David are sold. They are best friends and consider each other brothers as they have been childhood friends that have been through a lot together.

David is painting one morning when he has the feeling of being wat
X
This was a pretty bad book even by LDS literature standards. :/ the first few chapters read like a Goosebumps book. Then the entire plot is carried on characters having feelings or strange visions. I realize these things happen but in this book it was just a deus ex machina to make things happen without having to build up to it or justify it. Even the romance hinged on "feeling like the other was sent from God" which, again, is a thing that happens in real life - but that doesn't make it an inte ...more
Heather Malloy
Feb 11, 2008 rated it liked it
This is the first book by this authour which I took a chance on since she was at the store signing them. I am not sure if To walk in his moccasins is the second of a series but she did say to read Painting on the Pond first. I believe the stories are linked. I enjoyed Painting on the Pond but it took me awhile to get into the story. I do plan on reading the second book just because I am curious to see if she continues the story.
Amy
Aug 29, 2016 rated it liked it
A little slow starting out but I am glad I kept reading. It was a good story, and there were lots of emotions involved. It was neat to learn about David and Jerry's relationship but at times it was annoying that you had all these stories of them growing up and what not. But I did enjoy the book very much.
Yvonne Mortensen
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this book! Romance, family secrets, ghosts, mystery, all in a beautiful natural setting. Also Christian and clean. We met this author in Barnes and Noble Valentine's weekend. I admired her for being so brave and approaching everyone, not hiding at her table. She was very likable and fun. Now to read book 2!
Sue
I had to quit reading this book, contrary to my usual commitment to always finishing a book I start. It was corny and cheesy and had a religious undertone that I didn't care for. So I won't finish this book.
Laurene
May 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
My husband got me this book for Mother's Day, I thought it was really sweet that he would go and ask someone what a good book would be for a gift! What a sweetheart, and I enjoyed it, it's an easy read.
Marie
Jan 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-for-fun
I know this author so it was a unique experience for me to read her book. I was very impressed. The plot has some unexpected twists and turns, and I was glued to it until I finished it at 2 this morning.
Cheryl
Jul 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 6th-journal
This was a book of my Mom's that was a gift from my brother Steven. I really had a hard time getting into it, but it was alright once I did. It was a bit predictable once I did read it but good all the same. Sort of typical LDS fiction, all the lovey dovey stuff.
Kristine
Sep 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: teenage to adult
I'm not sure how I found this book but had to buy it used as it must be out of print. How surprised I was by how well written, interesting, intriguing, and full of wisdom it was. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a fun read, sometimes predictible, but always moving and interesting.
Karijean31
Apr 26, 2010 rated it liked it
unrealistic but entertaining
Dani Moore
Aug 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Faith, the supernatural and romance thrown in! Lot's of challenges but all is well in the end.(This was an autographed copy-extra fun to read a book the author actually held in her very own hands!)
Amanda
Aug 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Good story line, not really into the way she writes
Erin
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute book
Capu
Feb 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Uhhhhh. This book is not fun. Its an uneasy read if that makes sense.....its like im reading a draft of something, but not an actual published book.
Tiffany Smith
Mar 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
I really like the characters and it has a nice journey
Heather
Jan 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: general-fiction
Meh. It was okay. Ish.
Annie
Mar 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: clean-read, adult
Another three and a half star book. Sweet and clean book with likeable characters, but a tad bit on the cheesy side. Quick Read!
Adam Gott
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
My wife and I read this for a book club. It's not anything that I would have ever chosen for myself and I can't say that I really enjoyed the shallow relationships and weak plot.
Joyce
Feb 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
another quick read just for fun
Lewestover
Aug 08, 2008 rated it liked it
This pleasant novel combines romance with ghosts, history and mystery. Not bad for a first book.
Royal Bateman