Start by marking “Naughty Kitty” as Want to Read:
Naughty Kitty

Naughty Kitty

Lily's mum finally agrees to buy her a new pet - but it's not a doggy, it's a kitten. When things start to go wrong around the house, Lily is quick to blame her new furry friend, but doesn't notice the much bigger and more dangerous feline that has taken up residence - a huge tiger!
Published July 1st 2012 by Templar Books

To ask other readers questions about Naughty Kitty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naughty Kitty

Lance
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Cat-lovers
Recommended to Lance by: Baby Adam
"What do you think this place is, a zoo?"

This book was sweet and a bit of fun, but not particularly heart-warming considering it's a tale about a little girl and her new kitten. I found Lily quite insensitive towards her new kitten, who doesn't even get named throughout the entire story, and more concerned with what the cat could do for her rather than enjoying the adventures of an innocent baby animal. She seemed a bit of a negative American-kid stereotype, you know, the I-want-eveything-now ki
Susan
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, storybook
This is the story of a child who should never have ever been given a pet.
Peggy
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love it! By the author of Silly Dog comes another winner! A little girl wants a dog but gets a kitty, around the same time a tiger escapes from the zoo. She thinks the kitty is naughty, but really the tiger is lurking around and wreaking havoc. I can't wait to use it in storytime and hear all the little ones yell out, "No! It's the tiger! I see him!"
Baby Adam
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: together-babies
kitty adam was here

The kitty was very cute and innocent. A solid read for little ones like myself.

how to order all the boxes and prawns
Sunah Chung
Lily has a cat because Mom thinks a dog is too messy. The small Kitty looks great and coyly, but whenever Lily leaves the cat alone, the home ends up being a mess. Lily blames the cat for the mess. However, it turns out that the tiger that escaped the zoo is the one that causes all the chaos.
It was fun to read this picture book. The story had connections to some of my childhood experience. I thought about moments where I was wrongly accused. Similar to the cat in this story, young readers woul
Mehsi
Geen zin om de Nederlandse versie aan Goodreads toe te voegen, dus hierbij. Een leuk boek over een moeder die, in plaats van een hond, haar dochtertje een kat geeft (wat echt, die laat niet overal haren achter? *lacht*). Het meisje is eerst niet heel blij, maar trekt dan wel bij. Ik vond het hilarisch om die tijger gewoon in huis te zien, en te zien wat hij allemaal deed. Arme kat, dat wel, want die kreeg alle schuld. Ik was nieuwsgierig waar de tijger nou vandaan komt, maar dat vinden we uit op ...more
Maria Shuffit
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty much anything with a cat is a win in my book. I really enjoyed this charming storybook about a little girl who gets a pet cat who, it turns out, is VERY NAUGHTY. I loved the bewildered expressions on the cat's face. This is another storybook that employs words to tell one part of the story, while the illustrations tell the rest - it would be a great read-aloud for a children's story time where kids can look at the pictures to see the humorous story about what is actually happening while L ...more
Jenna
Adorable illustrations and a cute read. Unfortunately, my Family Storytime session was filled with babies, so it was mostly just the parents enjoying the book. Some of the older toddlers did shout out whenever you could see the tiger's face peeping out of the bushes.
Meghan Hunt
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is really cute. I think it would be fun to use in a preschool storytime about pets or silly stories.
Sussu Leclerc
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny with an amazing twist.
Cosette
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Y'all didn't see my listener's face light up like fireworks when she say that, yes, there is a book 2 in this series - now she can't wait to read the NEXT book ... um... is there one?? Please?
Kristen Dutkiewicz
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
A girl’s new kitten is more trouble than she thought t would be... until we learn it’s a MUCH bigger cat causing the problems!
Randi Kennedy
The kitty is SO CUTE
Rebecca Gomez
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very charming and silly.
Fun story about a little girl who wants a pet dog, but her mom says they're too much trouble and gets her a cat instead. However, a hole in the wall at the zoo has allowed a tiger to escape and when the girl mistakes the tiger for her kitty, hilarity ensues. Fun (although a bit long for a group) read-aloud book for the preschool crowd.
Bonnie Ferrante
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
On the inside cover of this book, we see as double-page spread of ads, mail, and newspaper clippings that inform us of a local pet shop and a striped wild animal’s escape from the zoo. On the title page, is a cat carrier with the tag reading “sold”.

The story begins with little Lily bringing home her tiny gray kitten from the pet store. She plays with it and feeds itl deciding “he wasn’t any trouble at all.” When she leaves the room, an escaped tiger enters and eats eight fish sticks, all the coo
Tasha
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
A follow up to Silly Doggy!, this book also features Lily and now a very large cat. From the end pages, readers will know that there is an animal loose from the zoo. Lily though is far too taken up with bringing her new kitten home. Her mother was sure that Kitty wouldn’t be any trouble at all. At first that was true, but when Lily left the kitten alone in the kitchen for just a moment, she returned to find it completely trashed. What Lily doesn’t know but the readers could see clearly was that ...more
Amy (Lost in a Good Book)
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
One. Kitty is the cutest kitten ever. Stower’s illustrations are the best. I love how he has managed to convey a confused kitty, a perplexed kitty, and a kitty looking innocent in the face of accusation.
Two. The actual story is wonderful as well. Reading this story is fun on numerous levels, not only are the pictures fun to look at, but each page gives us a chance to see what “Kitty” actually did, and seeing poor Lily become exasperated at her poor disobedient cat is delightful.

Genuinely I coul
Joella www.cinjoella.com
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Lily wanted a dog, but her parents said they were too “messy” so she got a kitty. Lily has fun getting to know her kitty…at first. But then the kitty started being naughty. The kitty got into food, destroyed the living room, and leaving surprises around the house. However, readers know that there is something afoot. For the kitty isn’t the only kitty around and readers know just what is really happening at Lily’s house.

This is a delightful book. I wondered how Adam Stower could create a feline b
Maureen
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This adorable book is also hilarious! Poor kitty is blamed for being a bad kitty when the reality is that it is a tiger causing all the trouble. Somehow the little girl never sees the huge tiger sneaking around and causing all the trouble. Children will delight in seeing what the little girl does not. Thankfully the tiger helps the kitty get out of trouble in the end.

The illustrations make this book! As the kitty innocently goes about its day, the reader can see how the tiger is causing trouble
Libby
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I do have ONE gripe about this book, which is that the tiger who appears and gets Lily's kitty in trouble shouldn't be quite such a surprise to Lily, since she adopted him at the end of Silly Doggy. Still, Lily's animal raising skills amused us just as much, if not more, in this new story as in the first, and this is one that I not only reread several times, but that my 6 and 4 year old quickly learned enough to reread by themselves. Cute, funny, and right on target to audience (they especially ...more
Maria
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

We loved this sweet book with the adorable faced kitty! Poor kitty can't do anything right in Lily's eyes. Her tiny kitty gets in quite a bit of trouble. It seems that every time Kitty turns around Lily is scolding it for something. However, it isn't Lily's kitty who is making the mischief but a huge tiger that has escaped from the zoo.

We love the illustrations of Lily and her kitty. AND...my reluctant 8 year old read this book without any help which makes it even better for this reading momma!
Becky
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014reviews
I loved, loved, loved Naughty Kitty! Lily can't believe ALL the trouble her kitty has gotten into today. But readers know something that Lily doesn't. And that is more than half the fun in this oh-so-playful read along adventure. Hint: A tiger has escaped from the zoo! The real story, of course, is communicated through the illustrations! I loved seeing the tiger sneak around on each and every page. I loved how clueless Lily was. And Kitty, as you can imagine, is quite an adorable, innocent-looki ...more
Kelsey
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Age: Preschool-1st grade
Animals: New cat

Mom decides to get Lily a pet that was less messy than a dog so she got her an adorable little kitty instead. Lily was skeptical, but soon Kitty grew on her. But the first time Lily turns her back after feeding Kitty, a tiger appears and eats everything in sight, then quickly hides when Lily comes back. Of course, Lily blames the monstrous mess on the innocent tiny Kitty, which will provide rolls of laughter from listeners.

A well executed case of mistaken
Nick
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
A very cute book about how it's easy to blame the wrong person or pet for things going wrong.
Lily can't leave Kitty alone for even a minute without disaster happening. Even though it seems unlikely that a little tabby kitten could have destroyed the cake, eaten all the food in the refrigerator, or any of the other things for which she's blamed...who else could have done it? It's not like there's a Bengal tiger in the house. Or is there?
The ending is interesting, and leads to a lot of interesting
Barbara
When Lily brings a sweet kitty into her house, she must spend a great deal of time disciplining him since he makes such a mess when she leaves him alone. Not only does he completely wreck the kitchen and the living room, but he loves smelly messes on the rug. The illustrations, though, tell another story about who's really to blame. Lily ultimately decides that Kitty is a great companion especially after he protects her from an intruder. Young readers will surely smile and enjoy this humorous of ...more
Jenn Swanson
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
A girl asks for a pet and her mother buys her a kitten. This kitten is blamed for messes all over the house even though she is innocent. Either the girl in this story is one of the most dense children ever or this is a tiger that I would want to play hide and seek with. My daughter enjoyed this book too. She kept screaming at the girl in the book saying the kitten didn't make that mess--the tiger did. Would recommend.
Diane
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Adorable illustrations. When Lily gets a new kitty, it seems like it's going to be no trouble. But then Lily leaves Kitty alone, and catastrophe strikes: Kitty eats Mom's cake among other things, Kitty makes a mess, tearing up pillows. But what the reader sees that Lily doesn't is that there is an escaped tiger sneaking into the house and causing all the problems. But when Kitty saves Lily from a "bad dog", all is forgiven. Cute
Tori
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A little girl brings home a new kitten. Unbeknownst to her (but beknownst to the audience), an escaped tiger is prowling the neighborhood. Unfortunately, every time the tiger destroys something, it looks like the kitten is to blame!
The kids really enjoyed this one. It was one of those books that made them point at the pages and talk to the characters. "No, it's the tiger! It's behind you!" They approved of the happy ending. Great interactions throughout. A good storytime selection.
Carrie Guipe
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-books
Two year old is obsessed with this book. The poo on the rug really sealed the deal. He got a couple of advanced vocab words from it, though. Catastrophe, and revolting. I thought it was four star upon first read. Illustrations are solid. Storyline, too. Five stars because it really got into the head of my two year old.
  • Matilda's Cat
  • Simon's New Bed
  • How to Be a Cat
  • Is There a Dog in This Book?
  • A Is for Musk Ox
  • How to Catch a Mouse
  • Dog Days of School
  • The Nowhere Box
  • Thumpy Feet
  • Abigail
  • It's an Orange Aardvark!
  • Tiptop Cat
  • Hickory Dickory Dog
  • A Dog Wearing Shoes
  • A Castle Full of Cats
  • Puddle Pug
  • I See Kitty
  • Square Cat
Adam completed a BA in Illustration at Norwich and an MA in Narrative Illustration at Brighton where he now lives and works. Adam is now represented by Arena agency.

Adam has a passion for drawing and a great love of traditional illustration. He specialises in fiction for children, editorial, character development and product design.

from http://www.worldofadam.com/main.htm