Start by marking “Sharing Eden: Green Teachings from Jews, Christians and Muslims” as Want to Read:
Sharing Eden: Green Teachings from Jews, Christians and Muslims

Sharing Eden: Green Teachings from Jews, Christians and Muslims

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
"Finding common ground between Christianity, Islam, and Judaism is a critical priority for the whole world—and nowhere is that common ground more evident or inspiring than on environmental issues."— Jonathon Porritt, co-founder, Forum for the Future

"[A] very encouraging and helpful project, and I hope it inspires those in each of the three traditions to collaborate more in
Published April 2nd 2013 by Kube Publishing Ltd (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sharing Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sharing Eden

Jonathan Spencer
This quick read gives Jewish, Christian, and Muslim views on the importance of environmental topics ranging from biodiversity to wasting food. If all our congregations spent a sermon series exploring this, we could likely prevent the impending catastrophe we are causing to Creation.
Catherine McNiel
Feb 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: world-religions
This is a short but compelling book. I literally read it during breakfast. The Jewish writer was especially good, I was disappointed with the quality of the Christian writer. Mostly, I was inspired to find ways for my faith to intersect with my environmentalism, and discouraged that people of faith are not for the most part leading the charge as we should.
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A nice little book, definitely a keeper. My only qualm with that is its form: the very high quality paper definitely contradicts a LOT of the book's content.

But a good, well-rounded treatise that had a lot of interesting nuggets about the faiths I'm not as familiar with.
Sabba