Start by marking “Far from Perfect (Perfect, Indiana, #1)” as Want to Read:
Far from Perfect (Perfect, Indiana, #1)

Far from Perfect

(Perfect, Indiana #1)

For Ceejay Lovejoy, life in Perfect, Indiana, has been anything but. Abandoned by her parents and left pregnant by her boyfriend, Ceejay has had to fight every step of the way to carve out a future for herself and her daughter. She swears off men for good — until the day Noah Langford appears on her doorstep.

Noah narrowly survived the roadside bombing in Iraq that cost him
Published October 23rd 2012 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Far from Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Far from Perfect

Beanbag Love
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book was a perfect example of why I usually dislike the contemporary romance genre.

The lead characters have the silliest reactions to things. They jump to wrong (and sometimes pretty awful) conclusions about each other and create false issues in order to contrive tension for the plot.

The female lead is selfish and often stupid and the lead male is ... well ... just kinda stupid. The whole thing just wore on my patience and I ended up skimming a lot. The chemistry between them felt totally
Darcy
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, romance
I'm not really sure how this book came across my radar, don't even remember requesting it from the library, but it was there with the last batch of books that I picked up this week.

Needing a light easy read tonight I picked this one up and quickly fell in love with the story. The town charmed me, even as it annoyed me. I grew up in a small town so very much sympathized with Ceejay's feeling of it, how everyone was in your business, how you never had any secrets, but also how the town was there t
Jane Stewart
Great first part, but heroine became unlikeable. The adorable 4-year-old daughter has a large part in the story.

The first four chapters were really good (a fourth of the book). I was enjoying it and full of anticipation. Then in chapter 5 Ceejay was bitter, narrow minded, angry and mean to the well-meaning grandmother. I would not have done what she did. Ceejay was angry at Matt, but she directed her anger at others. And Ceejay continued being rude, angry and mean later in the book (several time
Ian
Contemporary Romance like any other genre, has recurring tropes, there are archetypes and there are rules. My personal opinion is the greatest writers know the rules and then try to get away with breaking them. Authors like Penny Reid and Terri Osburn spring to mind.

That isn't this book.

This is fairly typical Contemporary Romance.
It reminded me of Robyn Carr and maybe a little of Marilyn Pappano.
As a CR it really isn't bad. I mean I've seen it all before but it still ticked all the boxes you e
Hasnamezied
Sep 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was sweet and that is all. From the beginning, I wanted to read this book cz it takes place in Indiana , A state which I lived in for a while and adore it.
Carolin Wahl
3 Sterne.
Konnte mich leider nicht abholen. Fand es stellenweise wirklich etwas übertrieben. Es ist einfach gehalten und ganz nett für Zwischendurch, mehr aber auch nicht.
Jody Vitek
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Far From Perfect is perfect. It is a heartwarming story that will sweep you away to a small American town and have you falling in love with the people who live there.

We meet Ceejay Lovejoy preparing her laundry while her boyfriend Matt is anxious to leave their apartment. He leaves all right. He leaves Ceejay at the curb, literally, after stealing her car and life savings. She’s pregnant, all alone, with no money, no car and her dreams of escaping small town Perfect, Indiana are gone. Aunt Jenny
Cherise
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ceejay Lovejoy has spent her life in the town of Perfect waiting for the day when she could finally leave it all behind her. But when her boyfriend steals her car, all her money and leaves her alone and pregnant at the age of 19 those plans to leave her hometown get put on hold.

Fast forward five years and Noah Langford has survived a war and returned home with PTSD and missing a leg. He soon discovers his stepbrother abandoned his pregnant girlfriend years ago and Noah decides to head to Perfect
Vikki Vaught
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Musings

I always enjoy a military romance, and this one is a great one. I loved the characters and the story line. It Also has an excellent cast of secondary characters as well. I listened to the narrator, and she was fantastic, really brought the characters to life. Can't wait to read the next one in this series. Happy ☺reading 📚!
Ruthie
H/h: Noah/Ceejay
Where: Perfect, Indianna

I found this book on a discount email from Amazon. It's always fun to stumble on a little jewel. Far From Perfect was a sweet romance with a sweet story built around it. I found it refreshing after reading a few pretty intence books before reading this one.

Noah was an injured veteran trying to figure out what to do with his life since his plan to be career military was so abruptly taken from him. Now injured and battling PTSD he is not only trying to reb
Cheri
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
I have such a soft spot for military men, I believe I've mentioned this before. So of course this book instantly had a place in my heart. As I read the story, Noah burrowed himself in deeper and deeper.

The heroine, CeeJay, could have easily turned into the trope harpy/woman scorned caricature. Barbara Longley was really smart in showing CeeJay doubting her motives and questioning why she was treating Noah (and others) like they had wronged her. It helped me to like CeeJay throughout the whole b
Katherine Coble
Nov 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bargain-books
I don't read a lot of romances lately. I get tired of the plots revolving around a series of misunderstandings and miscommunication. I like for the conflict in the stories I read to be more than daisy-petal maunderings about whether or not He Loves Me.

Far From Perfect had its fair share of that, but it also moved quickly. There wasn't too much time wasted on the usual "I said this but meant that". I give the book four stars because the setting is superb. It's the perfect escapist world for this
C.J. Archer
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
Far From Perfect is the heartwarming story of two wounded souls who find love and healing in the small town of Perfect. Longley has penned a charming, tender tale that will leave you wanting to return to Perfect again and again.
Mary
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved the whole story. Start to finish. You want romance? You got it. You want a wounded warrior? You got it. Want a single mother? Yup. It's in there too. Everything you could want in a real, down to earth romance.
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
I think Kate Rudd's audio narration saved this book from being one long exercise in frustration. The plot uses the old device of characters making assumptions, which turns into miscommunication. It gets resolved fairly quickly each time, but it happened way too much.

Longley did take a stab at handling PTSD and a major war injury. But the focus here was more on abandonment issues and self-image. Lucinda was a nice distraction when she was in each scene.
Kathi
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: german-books
In Weit entferntes Glück von Barbara Longley geht es um Noah Langford, der einen Sprengstoffanschlag überlebt hatte, bei dem viele seiner Kollegen gestorben waren. Als sein Stiefbruder Matt stirbt wird er auf dessen Ex-Freundin Ceejay Lovejoy aufmerksam und beginnt sich auf die Suche nach ihr zu machen um ihr ein Erbe zu übergeben. Ceejay jedoch hat überhaupt keine Interesse die Langfords in ihr Leben zu lassen, nachdem Matt sie schwanger sitzen gelassen hatte.

Ich habe dieses Buch schon ewig auf
Virginia Campbell
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Author Barbara Longley begins her "Perfect, Indiana" series with "Far From Perfect", a heartfelt contemporary romance that will leave readers far from unaffected. Noah Langford had survived a roadside bombing in Iraq that cost him the men in his command. His heart was broken, his leg shattered beyond repair, and his personal hopes and dreams seemed far beyond his reach. Losing his beloved step-brother, Matt, felt like the last straw. Going through Matt's personal belongings, Noah discovers an en ...more
Angela McCallister
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'd had this book in my TBR for a few weeks before I could block off the time to begin, and now I'm kicking myself for taking so long to get to it. This was one of the best Contemporary Romances I have read. It now has a home on my shelf of favorites, and I cannot wait for the next installment of the series. I don't feel like the back cover blurb does the book justice.

I ran the gamut of emotions reading this book, and I just couldn't put it down more than a few minutes for snack breaks. If you'v
BBMoreB ~
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-vine, own, arc
Received the ARC from Amazon Vine.

For Ceejay, the tightly knit community of Prefect Indiana isn’t the haven its namesake suggests; it represents abandonment compounded with the dreams she hasn’t been able to realize. However, for Noah, an outsider looking for a way to make peace with the man he once – it seems to be just that prefect. While both Ceejay and Noah struggle to deal with their haunting past; each is faced with desperate, unpredictable, and often intimate feeling toward the other - a
ERIN SCHMIDT
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely romance novel with a lot of drama but, naturally, a sweet happily-ever-after ending. I've never read anything else by Barbara Longley, and I'm not generally a reader of contemporary romance novels that aren't paranormal, erotic romance or both, so the closest thing I can think to compare this book to is The Lucky One. Like Nicholas Sparks' hero Logan Thibault, Noah Langford is a wounded war veteran. Noah discovers his recently deceased stepbrother Matt had a child the family nev ...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Oct 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The blurb on the back says that fans of Jodi Thomas and Susan Elizabeth Phillips “will fall in love with the heartwarming and emotional tale.” I am a a big fan of both and I agree. Far from Perfect has just the same feel good reaction that both of the other authors produce.

I loved the characters. Noah has PSTD but is working so hard to be able to live a normal life. He is one of those people who want and need to take care of others but always takes the blame of anything bad that happens to the p
Siany
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
I enjoyed this one alot, even with a 1 year old daughter I managed to get this book read in a couple of days. I found myself not wanting to put this down and if I had, had the time I probably could have read this in one sitting.

The story was very sweet and I found the love story between Ceejay and Noah very adorable. A couple of times I wanted to bang their heads together but in general the love story angle to this was very sweet.

When reading this one I found I could really relate to Ceejay and
Caz Malpas
3.5 - 4 PERFECTLY SPARKLING STARS

Free to read and listen from kindle unlimited.
I listened to all of this book and it was a sweet love story, the narration was quite good and none of the voices got on my nerves.

Ceejay is abandoned when her partner (Matt) finds out she's pregnant he disappears along with her hard earned savings for her nursing college fund. She never contacts and never sees him again.
Noah has lost his leg whilst serving his country, he can't be around lots of people and loud noise
Beth Evant
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a pleasant surprise!! I have never read this author before and I am really glad that I did. I didn't expect much because I got this book for like $.99 or something close. It's been a while since I've read a good easy read. I started reading it on my vacation and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I really like the male character in this book, Noah. He was a wounded veteran of the Iraq war. He is compassionate, strong and smart. He falls in love with the heroine. He is convinced that he is broken not
Angie
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book about two wounded people who heal each other while they fall in love.

CeeJay has spent the last 4 years raising her daughter and trying to save enough money to leave her small hometown for the big city. She feels that her family and the towns people look at her with pity. When Noah, a war veteran, shows up at her doorstep to rent her carriage house, she has no idea he is about to change her life.

Noah is sure he will never find peace again. Finding out his brother kept a sec
Diana Quincy
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a near-perfect contemporary romance. The heroine, the hero and the setting all come together to make this a thoroughly enjoyable book. The hero is a war veteran who is coming to terms with PTSD and losing his leg, while the smart, focused heroine is single mother who is determined to make a better life for her young daughter. Many contemporary romances, while entertaining,are so light hearted in tone that they don't really engage your emotions. FAR FROM PERFECT is not one of those books ...more
Rjsmommy
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved Noah & Ceejay. Noah, a war vet who lost his leg, just gets out of the VA after months of surgery and rehab to return home for his beloved younger step-brother's funeral. Searching for a purpose in his life, he takes upon the task of going through his brother's possessions and stumbles upon a secret- his brother left a pregnant girlfriend years ago after he stole from her and had felt guilty ever since. Noah decides to find this girl, who is his brother's beneficiary, and discover whe ...more
Just - The romance reader
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, kindle, lendle
This was such a sweet book with a wonderful and inspiring message. Both Noah and Ceejay have dealt with some painful and very challenging circumstances. Noah's wounds seem so much more fresh and his demons so much more obvious. I loved that Noah sought out Ceejay trying to right a wrong done by someone else and found healing and happiness in the process.
Roy Station
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Superb Story-Top Drawer.

Wow, what an enjoyable romantic story this is, and so packed with emotion. Superbly written with wonderful characters you care about, this book has everything. My reviews always carry an entertainment rating, and for this one they went through the roof and still climbing. I really can't recommend it highly enough.
Belkis
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audios-done
I so dearly enjoyed this book. It was aptly titled as it was a perfect balance of emotions and pacing and characters and everything. This story kept me in a haze of warm and fuzzy feelings from beginning to end. Just loved it and can't wait for the next story from Barbara Longley and the wonderfully quaint little town of Perfect Indiana!
Goodreads Librari...: too many editions & page out of sync 1 166 Oct 29, 2012 01:06PM
  • A Place Called Home
  • A Hero to Come Home To (Tallgrass, #1)
  • Kiss the Cook
  • The Greek's Royal Mistress (Princess Brides, #2)
  • Look Again (Echo Platoon, #0.5)
  • Inherited: One Child
  • Cooking For Cowboy
  • A Callahan Wedding (Callahan Cowboys, #6)
  • Blue Ridge Reunion (Barrett's Mill #1)
  • Smooth Irish (Weldon, #2)
  • Her Forever Hero (Lost and Found, #3.5)
  • His Road Home
  • Heir to a Desert Legacy
  • The Greek Tycoon's Ultimatum
  • Take Me Home (Whisper Horse, #1)
  • Baby Bequest
  • Return to Glory (Home to Glory, #1)
  • My Big Old Texas Heartache (Cedar Dell, #1)
Barbara grew up with two brothers and two sisters, and none of them were born in the same place. Moving around so frequently, she learned early on how to entertain herself with stories. As an adult, she has lived on a commune in the Appalachians, taught on a reservation, and traveled from coast to coast and to Europe. When her own children came along, Ms. Longley decided to try something new—stayi ...more

Perfect, Indiana (4 books)
  • The Difference a Day Makes (Perfect, Indiana, #2)
  • A Change of Heart (Perfect, Indiana #3)
  • The Twisted Road to You (Perfect, Indiana, #4)