Start by marking “The Bodhisattva Path of Wisdom and Compassion (The Profound Treasury of the Ocean of Dharma #2)” as Want to Read:
The Bodhisattva Path of Wisdom and Compassion  (The Profound Treasury of the Ocean of Dharma #2)

4.73  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The second volume in this landmark series presents the bodhisattva teachings of the mahayana. At this point, having trained and seen the benefits of looking within, the student begins to shift their focus outward to the broader world. Formal entry into the mahayana occurs with taking the bodhisattva vow. Mahayana practitioners dedicate themselves to the service of all sent ...more
Published April 8th 2013 by Shambhala (first published February 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Bodhisattva Path of Wisdom and Compassion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bodhisattva Path of Wisdom and Compassion

Kate
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such beautiful essential teaching. His words are acute, connected and alive.
John
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Pretty much what it seems like--encyclopedic and pretty awesome. Also I randomly found my copy on the street, which makes it even more awesome; about as close to an engraved invitation as you can get.
Keith Huston
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just like "individual liberation" I will be reading this for a long long time.
IAO131
Apr 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: buddhism
An overview of Trungpa's views on things related to the Mahayana tradition. Generally has some good ideas but is not particularly coherent, nor is it particularly practical or in-depth.
Niklas Braun
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just a disclaimer, I probably won't give Trungpa anything less than 5 stars. Haven't felt the need. But anyways, this is just a massive and full introduction to the Mahayana, in the way only Trungpa (and the editor) can describe. Trungpa is known for his ability to translate things clearly for the Western audience, and this book is no exception. It is not an introduction by any means: this book is a full coverage of everything one could ask for with regards to Mahayana practice.

This is a book w
Jul 18, 2013
Seth
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Vidyadhara Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche (Tibetan: ཆོས་ རྒྱམ་ དྲུང་པ་ Wylie: Chos rgyam Drung pa; also known as Dorje Dradul of Mukpo, Surmang Trungpa, after his monastery, or Chökyi Gyatso, of which Chögyam is an abbreviation) was a Buddhist meditation master, scholar, teacher, poet, and artist. He was the 11th descendent in the line of Trungpa tulkus of the Kagyü school of Tibetan Buddhism. He was al ...more
More about Chögyam Trungpa...

The Profound Treasury of the Ocean of Dharma (3 books)
  • The Path of Individual Liberation (The Profound Treasury of the Ocean of Dharma, #1)
  • The Tantric Path of Indestructible Wakefulness (The Profound Treasury of the Ocean of Dharma, #3)
“When we let go of the self, we are more inspired to work with others; and when we are generous to others, we realize that the self is lost.” 9 likes
“Usually our feelings of being exploited and other complaints of that nature are merely the squealing of ego and nothing more.” 0 likes