Start by marking “300 Questions LDS Couples Should Ask Before Marriage” as Want to Read:
300 Questions LDS Couples Should Ask Before Marriage

300 Questions LDS Couples Should Ask Before Marriage

Did you know that the divorce rate among Mormons is now 40%, only 10% below the national average?

With a 40% chance of marriage failure, it is more important than ever to be selective when choosing a spouse. President Spencer W. Kimball once said, "In selecting a companion for life and for eternity, certainly the most careful planning, thinking, praying and fasting should

Published August 1st 2004 by Horizon Publishers & Distributors

Be the first to ask a question about 300 Questions LDS Couples Should Ask Before Marriage

Start your review of 300 Questions LDS Couples Should Ask Before Marriage
Brittany
May 26, 2010 rated it liked it
The questions helped me get to know my fiancee better.

Some of the questions were cheesy, redundant and/or real obvious questions a couple would ask in the early stages of dating.

Personally I thought the book was too expensive and a waste of paper. The format is such that there are a lot of blank lines for you to write the answers down. I prefer to verbally answer the questions with my fiancee. It would have been more practical if it was cheaper, smaller book, with just the questions listed.
Sara
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I always give this book as a gift to the girls in my Laurels class when they graduate and go to college. I want them to really think things out before they get married. It should be a no brainer to ask these questions. But there are a lot of people that don't and they wonder why it didn't work out. They weren't thinking. It is a great book for any friend that is considering marriage.
Tony Robbins
Aug 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. Bought it when I was considering marrying a girl. Found out that she wasn't the one and I was choosing her based on all the wrong reasons. Glad this author wrote this book. I really could have married that girl and ended up in divorce!
Tina
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The book has been done before but this author captured all the questions that someone of the mormon faith or christian faith (for that matter) needs to consider. I am glad she wrote it. People that write reviews that are negative about this book are the people that got dumped by their honey because they read it and found out that Mr. Right was Mr. Wrong. I just don't understand why anyone would give any author that is doing good any sort of bad review. They must not be christian....which is what ...more
Nicole Sampson
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-these-again
The questions in this book are perfect for LDS couples. There are so many questions I wouldn't have thought to ask, but I was so happy to learn the answers to them. Now that I've been married for a few years I know how critical these questions are in finding a spouse that fits well with you. I also like the way the book is laid out in sections with lines for writing. I used that space to write extra questions that are relevant to the ones already there. My now husband & I spent 3 hours just ...more
Christopher Mills
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book with thoughtful questions everyone should read before getting married. For those who are not engaged, it may help you decide what type of person you want to marry. For those who are engaged, it may help you decide what kinds of decisions you would like to make in your future marriage or even if the person you are considering is the right one to marry.

My wife actually bought this book when we were dating and we read through all of the questions. We found it very helpful,
Jeffrey
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: relationships
This book is a great book to encourage communication about topics you wouldn't think about. This is probably for couples who are seriously considering marriage not those that are beginning dating. I found it refreshing to just sit down and get to know more about what each of us was expecting in a marriage and future family. Definitely helped me know my wife a lot more than before.
Suzette Kunz
Oct 22, 2013 rated it liked it
This made for some good conversation, but it's organized kind of randomly. A lot of the questions are repetitive, and they don't seem to be grouped according to theme. As an English teacher, that bugged me. But it does cover a lot of good ground. It seems like it would especially be good for a really young person thinking about marriage.
Ryann
Mar 25, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone preparing to get married.
Recommended to Ryann by: my dad and sisters
My husband and I used this book to give us discussion ideas while we were courting. We wanted to make sure we learned meaningful things about each other before we committed and using this book helped us open serious topics.
Camillle
Sep 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book has a bunch of questions that I probably never would have thought to ask my future spouse. It's good for any couple to consider the scenarios before they happen; so they can be better prepared to handle the challenges that come their way.
Kaylie Faucette
Sep 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: religious-books
This is a fun book to read and discuss with your fiance or boyfriend/girlfriend before you get married. It really helps couples get to know each other even more than they thought they did!
Katie Chambers
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
We had already asked most of these questions are self, and a lot of them were weird or repeats of previous questions just with different wording.
Cole Rasmussen
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good questions to make you think.
Tosca Wijns-Van Eeden
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: religious, self-help
Most of these questions aren't really useful anymore when you actually are married. Only a handful were useful to re-evaluate where we stood when already married.
Joy Sterrantino
Nov 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Dude, this should probably be required reading material!
Jackie Phillips
I am not a member of the Latter- day Saints but I enjoyed the book. It had some good messages that could be used for all denominations.
Brenda
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent book for opening up a dialog with a future (or current) spouse. So many things I didn't think about or question my husband on before I got married. What a great tool for engaged couples:)
Julie
Sep 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Good for starter conversations, but a lot of questions were the same, or not in the right section.
Karren
Nov 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Bruce and I used these when we were courting to discuss our expectations. It was very helpful, but some of the sections are redundant or poorly written. Overall, worth it.
Dionne
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommend for anyone that is engaged before you get married.
Heidi-Marie
What, only 300?
Emily S.
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super quick initial read, but one that I’ll need to revisit with my SO as we progress in our relationship. I felt like the questions were most well thought out, but some were repetitive. There are questions I’d definitely add as well. Overall though, a good guide that I believe will help me and The Fellow make sure we’re on the same page.
Bethany Larson
Ronda
Feb 15, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Promise of Discipleship
  • Misreading Scripture with Western Eyes: Removing Cultural Blinders to Better Understand the Bible
  • Beginning Mediumship Workbook: How to Develop your Mediumship Skills
  • No Experience Required (Heartbreak Cafe, #1)
  • The Play Solution: How to Put the Fun and Excitement Back Into Your Relationship
  • Love Spell
  • On Friendship
  • Rick Steves Belgium: Bruges, Brussels, Antwerp & Ghent
  • The Letters to the Philippians, Colossians, and Thessalonians
  • The Great War: A Combat History of the First World War
  • 1001 Questions to Ask Before You Get Married
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy
Shannon L. Alder is an inspirational author. Her tidbits of wisdom have been published in over 100 different books, by various relationship authors and in several online magazine articles (Psychology Today, Huffington Post, etc.).

To learn about upcoming book signings, new books or read her blog visit: Shannonalder.com
Become part of her Staying Positive University tribe on Facebook:
“If he can't handle you at your worst then he does not deserve you at your best. Real love means seeing beyond the words spoken out of pain, and instead seeing a person's soul.” 227 likes
“When you can’t reach the standards of another’s heart you must ask yourself,
"What value do I put on my soul that I would subject myself to such rejection?”
91 likes