Start by marking “Truly, Madly, Deadly” as Want to Read:
Truly, Madly, Deadly

Truly, Madly, Deadly

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  3,574 Ratings  ·  593 Reviews
They said it was an accident…

Sawyer Dodd is a star athlete, a straight-A student, and the envy of every other girl who wants to date Kevin Anderson. When Kevin dies in a tragic car crash, Sawyer is stunned. Then she opens her locker to find a note:

You’re welcome.

Someone saw what he did to her. Someone knows that Sawyer and Kevin weren’t the perfect couple they seemed to be
Published July 2nd 2013 by Sourcebooks Fire (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Truly, Madly, Deadly, please sign up.

Stephanie
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Hannah No. There are relationships and some slightly mature parts, but no sex.

Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
This synopsis just gave me the chills.

I bet it's Sadie from Awkward. LOL

sana  °¤°
Buddy read with my #1, Amna ;)

Her review can be found here.

Warning: This review will contain a shit load of spoilers because I need to rant about what a fucking trashy book this was. I will be revealing a pathetic job at hiding the killer's identity. (I WILL REVEAL THE KILLER'S IDENTITY c.c)

If you plan on reading this book, DON'T read my review because it will be spoiled for you.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

*And don't come back bullshitting to me that I spoiled this book for you because I fucking warned
Katy Jane
Nov 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
1. Things in the book all of the sudden happen; her teacher groping her after school, for instance. There isn't any lead up to the events that happen.
2. The author's wording is way too indulgent. There are too many adjectives. It's like she looked up every adjective that should be in a thriller novel and used all of them.
3. Tara is all huge bellied and waddling yet they just now found out the sex of the baby? And Tara asked, "Since when did David become a girl name?" Meanwhile, her step-daughter
Andrea ❤Ninja Bunneh❤
I feel like singing Here I go again on my own as I write this review.
This book was just a huge clusterfuck for me. It should have been epic, and creepy, and all the things I love in a book. I was so excited by the blurb, but....no.
 photo head_zps0ca6106d.gif

First of all, Sawyer mc clusterfuck extrodinaire, is one of the most unlikable, non-endearing characters I have read in a long time. She is simply stupid. Yes, stupid.
 photo brain_zpse338afd4.gif
She is an insult to teenage girls everywhere. Everywhere. Not only does she have some major scary sh
Paige  Bookdragon
Aug 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, read-2015
Yea Gods.

Someone spank me, I'm doing a DNF spree.

Here are the reasons why I just have to let this one go.

1. Bo-ring. Where's the thrill? I was bored to tears with this one. Suspense my ass.

2. The heroine. Really. I just can't relate to this loser.

3. The love interest. I think it would have been better if there's no new love interest in this one. I say that boys would just distract you. I was hoping that she won't need a boy in her life in order for her to survive this shit.

Giselle
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, arc
A fun and creepy thriller, Truly, Madly, Deadly is a perfectly entertaining read. It does take some suspension of disbelief in certain aspects of the story, but I can see it being a hit by fans of the genre nonetheless.

Sawyer's boyfriend's death was only the beginning, it seems. Since the accident, Sawyer seems to have taken on a stalker who's set on framing her for all the accidents-ruled-murders that have been happening in her town. Aside from the aforementioned, we also have the topics of bul
Juhina
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god, this book was SO CREEPY!
The person I suspected was the murder did turn out to be the right one however I was confused and uncertain the whole time.
Such an amazing mystery/thriller!
_________________________

Truly, Madly, Deadly was freaking fabulous. It was thrilling, creepy, entertaining, and most of all gripping. It seriously kept me on my toes in terms of trying to figure out who the killer is. I am a huge fan of crime shows such as The Mentalist and Criminal Minds. Because of how m
Abbe Hinder
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sourcebooks-fire
good

1.5 Stars
What's the best thing about mystery novels? Oh, right, the mystery part. Which sadly, this had none of what-so-ever. It seems that this novel tries too hard getting the romance started and the deaths exciting and freaky that it hopes that that'll distract readers from how predictable the killer is. Because I promise you, it's the first person you suspect it to be.

It's actually sad how much I wanted to like Sawyer, really. She's been through a shit load of mishaps and her life totally
Marina Adair
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get a sneak read of this book and I have to say, it is incredible. I read it in one night. Couldn't put it down. I think that Hannah Jayne is this generation's Lois Duncan. A great new YA author to watch.

She has been added to my must read list.
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Actual Rating:    photo 2-1.png 1/2

The potential for creepiness was off the charts with this book.  The title, the cover, those two eerie words.  All of this led me to believe that Truly, Madly, Deadly would be a great psychological thriller...the kind that would keep me up reading till all hours of the night and leave me with disturbing dreams.

Somehow, the execution failed to deliver for this reader.  First, the book was relatively short and I read it pretty quickly, so there was no need to stay up reading a
~Tina~
I don't usually like to read abusive-type books, but for some reason this one sounded really interesting. Turns out that I was right. Truly, Madly, Deadly is a dark and disturbing story about the depths in which a person would go to prove how much they care, but in the form of completely twisted. We begin our story with Sawyer Dodd at her boyfriend, Kevin Anderson's funeral, but Sawyer doesn't know how to feel. Sad that her boyfriend died in a car accident or relieved since he can no longer hurt ...more
Kait
Feb 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
Oh my god. This book was awful! I'm so upset with myself for picking this up at the bookstore!
So apparently, the MC was in an abusive relationship which I thought was seriously underplayed. I wish we got to see more between sawyer and Kevin than just vague thoughts like "his anger was always directed toward me". Okay, how? Show me, don't tell me! And the "bad guy" that has been murdering people throughout the book decides to give up hurting people in the name of love? Yeah I don't buy it. This
Amanda
DNF - things don't make sense, horrible things happen and the MC doesn't tell anyone, and she chews or bites her lips in almost every scene, ag! Why is this a thing for so many MCs, no one constantly chews their lips IRL. I wanted this to be a thrilling mystery but it's not :/

*****

Just saw a comment from another Goodreads user "I bet it's Sadie from Awkward" HA! Now I can't stop laughing at the final words of the blurb.
Fiona
OH. MY. GOD.

SO FREAKING CREEPY AND HEART-POUNDING AS HECK
Natalie (Natflix&Books)
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley

Read this review and more on my blog: Natflix&Books

2.5

I requested Truly, Madly, Deadly months ago from NetGalley and never heard from them. The book was just withering in my "pending request" pile, and I had given up on receiving the book ages ago. So imagine my surprise when I was suddenly approved for the title a week before its release. I was ecstatic and dove into the book immediately, only to be utterly disappointed by this YA mystery I have been yearning to get my hands on.

Truly, Madly
Rayne
I love thrillers and mysteries. They are probably among my top favorite genres, although, looking at my ratings, one would think that I absolutely despise them. Though I do love the whole idea of the genre, the problem is that not all authors can handle it well, especially in YA. Case in point, Truly, Madly, Deadly. Awesome premise and good atmosphere, but sadly, badly written and totally predictable. The tone of the novel was all over the place; the clues were glaringly obvious; there were inco ...more
This was an interesting mystery story, but the pace was a little slow.

Sawyer was an interesting character, and I felt really sorry for her when it seemed that she was being victimised. She was obviously in quite a difficult situation seeing as how her boyfriend just died in suspicious circumstances, and it was quite creepy the way it seemed like someone was following her and killing people for her.

The storyline in this was okay, but the pace was a little slow. I was interested to find
Laura's Book Addiction
Dec 12, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013, 2013-wishlist
Ohhh loving the sound of this!!!
Amortentia
Abbie
Okay, I must admit that although this book was a bit predictable I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. I liked the mystery and the chain of events. But there were things that bugged me too, like the stupidity of the adults and teachers.

I wish there was a happy ending for Logan because I felt sorry for him. Friendzoned to the nth power.

Anyway, I would recommend this book to teens who like mystery-romance novels.
Ninjaflower
Isa Lavinia
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult, tstl

Kind of obvious who it was all along, but entertaining nonetheless.
Natalie
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Actual rating is a 3.5

Overall I enjoyed this YA thriller but I had some problems with it.

1) the adults - specifically the parents, but really all of the adults in the novel. They were weak and ineffective. Her father and stepmother didn’t seem to care at all for what she might be going through and they didn’t talk to her or try to understand her - they just shipped her off to a psychiatrist and washed their hands of her.

2) how sawyer found evidence. That was pretty weak and not really believab
Maggie
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, pbook, 2013, library-book
Do you ever read a really great book and then kind of have a book hangover where you start books or think of starting other books, but ultimately can’t commit to anything else for a few days since the last book you finished was just so amazing? I’ve had it happen with a few very good books and while it’s annoying at the time, it’s ultimately great to have read something so powerful.

I didn’t have quite that feeling with this book. I actually had a very similar, but also very opposite feeling. Whe
Hannah
Aug 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I don't know about you, but sometimes there's nothing better than curling up with a book at night which is going to freak you out. Not in the horror sense, but in that psychological way that has you on edge and questioning everything.

Just like Truly, Madly, Deeply. I will admit, the first time I read this back in 2013, I really enjoyed it. I never guessed the plot twists, I was sufficiently creeped out by Sawyer's house in the middle of nowhere and all the random things that kept happening to he
Isamlq
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Another short(ish) review on my part, in keeping with the notion that if you've got nothing nice to say, you might as well shush-up (up to a point, I suppose.)

Truly, Madly, Deadly was OK. The pace was OK. The bits and pieces leading up to the reveal, so-so as well. BUT I feel it's missed out on some great possibilities, with that blurb that had me imagining flashbacks of her unhappiness contrasted to a present that's not quite the happy one either. Both are present, but not quite what I was wan
Pixie/PageTurners(Amber) C.
Overall 3.5ish
Psychological thriller revolving around an abusive relationship that has murderous consequences... sign me up.

Truly, Madly, Deadly starts out at the abuser, Kevin's memorial - so there is not a great deal of the abusive part of the relationship. You do see some of it through flashbacks; which helps you understand Sawyers jitteriness and reactions to certain situations. She makes some choices that are hard to understand if you aren't always looking over your shoulder. Always worrie
Amber (Books of Amber)
Jan 21, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: genre-thriller
Continuing on with my Crap Book Friday trend (I should probably think up some sort of witty name for this but effort), today I’m reviewing Truly, Madly, Deadly, which turned out to be a truly crappy thriller. There are various reasons for this, but I’m going to keep it brief because I do not have the energy to go into a full blown rant, especially as I don’t think this book deserves that much attention.

First of all, I called the “twist” within the first couple of chapters. It was pretty obvious
E. C. McRoy
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
**Also published on my YA Book Blog**

This is the second book I've read by Hannah Jayne and I can honestly say I enjoyed this one a lot more.

Sawyer is a likable character if maybe not a super strong one. In some ways she is, in that she's a survivor of some pretty rough things like some major bullying and an abusive boyfriend (not a spoiler, it's basically on the back of the book). She's a good character because she's very realistic. It's hard to deal with what she goes through and she reacts the
Kelly Hager
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I was in the mood for something a little creepy and this definitely delivered. And I don't know if there are many things creepier than learning that a seemingly accidental death was murder, especially when no one else knows that.

That said, there were some eye-rolling moments (seriously, if you're a teenager and weird stuff is happening, TELL SOMEONE). But that wasn't anywhere near enough to keep me from enjoying this book. It was fast-paced and enough character devel
Crazy for Young A...: Truly, Madly, Deadly by Hanna Jayne → Start Date: September 13th, 2014 26 27 Sep 16, 2014 12:28PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Truly, Madly, Deadly By Hannah Jayne - Starting August 27th 2014 22 19 Aug 28, 2014 11:18AM
Chloe 7 16 Jul 16, 2014 09:06PM
  • TMI
  • If He Had Been with Me
  • The Shadow Girl
  • Meet Me at the River
Hannah is the author of the UNDERWORLD DETECTION AGENCY CHRONICLES from Kensington books and the upcoming young adult thrillers TRULY, MADLY, DEADLY and SEE JANE RUN available from Sourcebooks, Inc. When she's not battling the demons of the Underworld or tackling a murderer at Hawthorne High, Jayne kicks her feet up in her San Francisco bay area home and attempts to share couch space with two enor ...more
More about Hannah Jayne...

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Lost and Found (Rock Harbor Search and Rescue #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Light Before Day
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hold Still (Jocelyn Rush, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Still Waters (Sandhamn, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Into the Light (The Light, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Burning Man (Gideon and Sirius, #1)
  • Disturbed
  • Cold Black Earth
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Guardians of the Night (Gideon and Sirius, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Man With the Golden Gun (James Bond, #13)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beyond Belief (Emily Castles Mysteries)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
  • The Memory Child
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Finding Emma (Finding Emma Series Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lion, the Lamb, the Hunted
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Lucky Ones
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Gold (Night Soldiers, #5)
  • A Small Indiscretion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Octopussy and the Living Daylights (James Bond, #14)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Bones (Red Princess, #3)
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Flee (Codename: Chandler #1)
  • The Snow Garden
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hallowed Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • While the Savage Sleeps
  • The Technologists
  • A Density of Souls
  • Plea of Insanity
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Away from the Dark (The Light, #2)