Start by marking “Where There's Heat / Smoking Hot (Good Girl Series #3)” as Want to Read:
Where There's Heat / Smoking Hot (Good Girl Series #3)

Where There's Heat / Smoking Hot

(Good Girl Series #3)

Working the graveyard shift at the sheriff's office is hard work. And Deputy Raine McCandless is busy keeping her dog-knapping grandfather out of trouble all day. So when a sexy intruder claims to be an angel then warns her she's going to die, Raine starts to wonder if she's going off the deep end.

Dillon Taylor isn't exactly an angel--he's a nephilim. He doesn't live by th
Published June 4th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Where There's Heat / Smoking Hot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where There's Heat / Smoking Hot

15/6 - I was a little disappointed with this. I was hoping it would be back up to the calibre of the first book in the series, Where There's Smoke, which I gave a solid four stars to, instead it was only as good as #2 Where There's a Will, which only managed a wobbly three stars.

Chance, hero of the first book, played a part in the story on a number of occasions, but not once did anyone mention his heroine Destiny. If I hadn't already read the book I would have thought that Chance's story hadn't
Kathy
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Proserpine
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this well-crafted story filled with action, eroticism and especially paranormal elements! Where There's Heat is the third volume of the Good Girl series and although I have not had the chance to read the first two books, I immediately embark on the plot and I never had the impression of missing something. Aside from the fact that I really want to know Chance' story from Where There's Smoke (Good Girl Series # 1) and Ryder' story from Where There's A Will (Good Girl Series # 2), I loved ...more
Kelly Moran
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
Deputy Raine McCandless is busy keeping her dog-napping grandfather out of trouble and the family ranch from falling apart by day, and trying not to get bored working in her sleepy town by night. But when a sexy intruder claiming to be an angel warns her she's going to die, Raine starts to wonder if she's going off the deep end. Dillon Taylor isn't exactly an angel--he's a nephilim. He doesn't live by the same rules as angels or humans, but there is on rule he doesn't like to break: never get in ...more
Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)
Reviewed at a time when it was titled Where There's Smoke

I love Karen Kelley! This is the second book I have read of hers and I am really enjoying her work.

Where There's Heat is not only full of steamy, curl your toes sex scenes but it also has a hint of crime which I love. And it's not until the very end of the book that we learn of the culprit behind said crimes. You could call it, a guessing game until the end. I know I certainly didn't pick it until it was revealed.

I loved the chemistry betw
Renee Booth (Sassy Book Lovers)

I loved the chemistry between the characters. Whether that be good or bad chemistry
Alpha Possessive Heroes
I was a bit hesitant to start this book as this was the third book in the series, but discovered this book can read as a standalone. This is my first read from Karen Kelley and i have to say, I'm fairly impressed!

Smoking Hot is a steamy fantasy read that I thoroughly enjoyed. It started a little slow for me but glad I didn't give up as it gotten better throughout the book. I didn't feel any deep connection with the story or characters but this book was entertaining and an easy read. Funny thing,
Ben
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While i did enjoy this book, I felt it was missing the spark of the first two books, the ending was too easy the other two endings made sense, but this one just felt like it was way too easy. The book was also disapointingly short, i expected more from this one just didnt have the same appeal as the first two, hopefully Hunter will be better
Ibrium
Jun 28, 2013 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-ebook
The writing was just too staccato for me.

"His friend had an odd sense of humor. Dillon's gut feeling was right. He should've kept his distance."

Just when I'd start to think the story flow was improving, good ol' SVO would rear its head. Ultimately, the simplistic sentences kept me from engaging in the text. DNF.
Deelylah Mullin
It feels like this book is part of a series, but even on the author's website it doesn't mention THIS title being part of a series. Amazon doesn't indicate it's part of a series, either. I feel like I'm missing something.
Srishti Ghosh
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was kind of little boring but still romantic fer Raine and Dillion.
Ben
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the old name of the book, its been rebranded, its now called Smoking Hot
Montal
Nov 30, 2013
Tammy
Jul 06, 2014
Michelle
rated it did not like it
Jul 29, 2015
Karen
Sep 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
A Smoking Hot New Paranormal Release For Karen Kelley 1 1 Jun 15, 2013 08:42AM
Karen Kelley always had a secret desire to live the life of a Gypsy. So she and her husband quit their jobs, sold their house, decluttered their lives and moved into their 5th wheel RV. Now they're traveling the United States. She works full time on her writing and spends her downtime walking on the beach or hiking in the mountains. Her motto has always been 'Who says you can't have it all.'

Good Girl Series (3 books)
  • Where There's Smoke (Good Girl Series, #1)
  • Where There's A Will (Good Girl Series #2)