Start by marking “Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows (The Nightmare Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows (The Nightmare Series, #2)

Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows

(The Nightmare Series #2)

Ever since encountering The Source and its minions on Halloween, Eve Hallows has found life surprisingly quiet … not to mention adorably boring! So when Dad receives a Ouija message that she must return to Gravesville, Eve couldn't be happier—at least until she discovers the Director of URNS, also known as the Grim Reaper, has a special job for Eve … one that will lead her ...more
Published September 16th 2012 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published September 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows

Amy Eye
Feb 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Source is back (insert scary music here). This book took me a little bit to read. Not because I didn't enjoy it - I've just been so busy. BUT I wanted to finish this book that I would pick it up and read it any time I got the chance.

Eve is back and trying once again to save two worlds from impending doom. The Source has moved, and no one knows where they have gone, but they all know evil doesn't just go away. We go on a journey all the way to New York city, as well as getting another chance
Aeicha
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Robert Gray's Eve Hallows and the Book of Shrieks (book one in The Nightmare series) was one of my favorite MG reads last year and I had been eagerly awaiting the release of the second book all summer. And it turns out Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows is even more awesome and fun than the first book!

After the events on Halloween, when Eve and her friends came face to face with The Source and his buggy minions, life has been rather boring in the human world. But then Eve is summoned back to Gr
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

This book was perfectly horrible! Horrible meaning amazingly awesome, of course. Eve's world once again sucked me in and would not let go until this part of Eve's story was finished!

I love Eve's family! They are just so close-knit and all around awesome! And I was also glad to see new monsters...like the new URNS agent. That was just wow! Funny too.

As for Warner, he has surprised me once again! Don't know what to make of this kid yet...but I'm excited to find out m
Ruth
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eine sehr gelungene Fortsetzung, die weiterhin herrlich creepy Unterhaltung bietet.
Tiffany
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Eve Hallows is a teenage girl who was raised in Gravesville, a world of monsters. Even though she is a human, her monster parents took her in as an infant when she was abandoned.

Eve Hallows and The Book of Shadows picks up right where the first book left off. It is only a few weeks later and Eve has been summoned back to Gravesville by the Director of URNS. He has a special task just for her, and even though she is feeling unappreciated and like everyone is keeping secrets from her, how can she
Val
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows follows the adventures established in the first book of the series, Eve Hallows and the Book of Shrieks (you can read my review of Book One here). Where we left our heroes, Eve found herself a human living in Gravesville, the world of monsters, and somehow the one chosen to guard The Book of Shrieks (and the subsequent books, the second of which is the Book of Shadows). These books were supposedly used to create the land of monsters and are very important to t ...more
Katie
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Eve Hallows and the Book of Shadows was another fantastic Middle Grade adventure read. As with the first one, I enjoyed reading it immensely; all though I did enjoy this one a little more than book 1. The easy flow to the story and the characters were so much fun. The characters are evolving along with the adventure and it is highly addictive reading.

After Eve escapes her encounter with The Source, the family is called back to Gravesville. Eve is horribly excited about seeing her old friends aga
Donna
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first book!!!!!!

If one lives in our world, as I do, this book is fabulous. If one lives in Gravesville, it was horrible- horrible and ten more horribles!

I love the characters in this story. Eve reminds me of human Marilyn living amoung the Munsters. She's different but pays no attention to the differences. Mom is a snake headed, petrifying gorgon. Dad is a shapeshifter and brother Sam is a ghoul....The family is a tight unit. You can palpate the love they feel for each other
Flora Smith
I recieved a free copy of this book for my honest review.

Book 2 of the Eve Hallows books is even better than the first. This second book pics up right where the first one left off. After having found the Book of Shrieks, Eve is called back to Gravesville for a meeting with the Director of URNS (AKA the Grim Reaper). Upon returning home, she finds that she is no longer welcome and war is looming. Thence her adventure begins.

I love all the characters in the Hallows world. Eve is such a strong fema
Molly
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-books
Read this aloud to my nine year old and he enjoyed it as much as the first one. I asked how many stars to give it and he said, "ALL of them! I love these books. When is the next one?"

I was a bit surprised b the anticlimactic ending and found myself feeling frustrated by the books' failure to ever really DO anything. I also got irritated by Eve's poor judgment and snippy attitude, but this review isn't about me, it is about how much my son enjoyed the book! It is one of his very favorite series!
Jessica
I was given a copy of this book for review purposes as part of a blog tour hosted on "I'm A Reader, Not a Writer"'s blog. Check out her blog here: http://iamareader.com/ and check out my blog post on or after Jan 22, 2014 here: bookreviewsfromachristiangal.blogspot.com

I absolutely love this series! It is adorably cute and exciting. It is full of suspense, action, heroism, and humor. I cannot wait to read the third book in this series!

Deanna
This series is such a great read! I'm anxious to see what happens next for Eve and the gang. I'll definitely seek out more of Roberts work in the future.
Sandy
Oct 15, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: books-won
I received this book as a Goodreads ARC giveaway. This was a great book and I really enjoy it.
Rebecca Richardson
Oct 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Very Creative. Fun book to read loved the use of the word adorable. Eve Hallow is a very creative girl in her adventures with the Grim Reaper
Moon Shine Art Spot ~ Lisa
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know if Eve could out do herself after the first book. Book 2 was a scream! Awesome and exciting follow up! Loved it.
Nina Zerlina
Oct 06, 2012
Patricia
Oct 06, 2012

• The Orphan and the Thief
  • The Zombie Always Knocks Twice (Hollyweird, #1)
  • Mooncalf
  • Matt Archer: Bloodlines (Matt Archer #4)
  • Warrior's Moon
  • EKHO: Evil Kid Hunting Organization
  • Winter Reads (15 Novel Box Set)
  • Rook (Timeless Games, #1)
  • Hit the Road, Helen! (Myth-O-Mania, #9)
  • Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1)
  • Remnants of the Damned (Abyssal Sanctuary, #1)
  • The Colony
  • Dragon Defender (Dragon Defense League, #1)
  • Romance through the Ages
  • A Light in Dark Places
  • Watcher of Worlds (Whispering Woods, #3)
  • A Reign Supreme
  • Day After (The 19th Year, #2)
Robert Gray is a writer. If that job description doesn't impress you, how about fantasy writer? Too general? Well, he doesn't get insulted if you call him a horror writer. If horror's not your thing, then scratch out horror and replace it with suspense. And for the kiddies, you can slap on a YA or MG in front of that title.

Gray lives in Bushkill, Pennsylvania with his wife and two children.

The Nightmare Series (3 books)
  • Eve Hallows and the Book of Shrieks (The Nightmare Series, #1)
  • Eve Hallows and the Book of Shivers (The Nightmare Series, #3)