Start by marking “The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)

The Better To See You

(Transplanted Tales #2)

Once upon a time, a spell went awry and Make Believe characters were cast into the ordinary world. And the results aren’t always happily ever after…

Published February 7th 2013 by eKensington (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Better To See You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Better To See You

Start your review of The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
Radd Reader
“Why, Mr. Wolf,” I murmured as he nipped again, “what big teeth you have.”
He chuckled. “Come back to the kitchen with me,” he drawled, his voice going dark with promise, “and I’ll show you what else is big. . . .”

Characters
Seth ("The Big Bad Wolf"):
“Once upon a time”, Seth was ”an honorable and gallant knight who traveled through Make Believe, performing heroic deeds and protecting those who couldn’t protect themselves”. What he thought was just another heroic deed resulted in him k
Julie
Shelves: read-in-2013
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks

The Better to See You is the second book in Kate SeRine’s Transplanted Tales series and boy, was I ever impressed with this book. Actually, I’m super impressed with this entire series. Yes, it is a series whose characters are fairy tale / literary creatures but they are written unlike anything you have ever read. Kate takes typical fairy tale folk and gives them a whole new persona. A good example is Red. We meet her in the first book, (she’s Little Red R
Lady Lioness
I was so freakin' excited when I saw this up on NetGalley. I really enjoyed Red and was hoping this one would be just as good. In the end, it was no better or worse than Red. The things that bothered me about Red bothered me about The Better To See You as well. It was very much a 'just the facts, ma'am' book and I wanted a little more emotional resonance to go with the non-stop action. It's also not as gritty as Red, falling into paranormal territory rather than urban.

HOWEVER, I still had a rol
Debra Taylor
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Beth
Dec 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
A magical spell has gone awry bringing some of the inhabitants from the land of fairy crashing into the ordinary world. Poor Lavender Seelie, she has been blamed for it all and many of the transplanted make believe residents are not happy about their circumstances.

A suggestion to move to the refuge, a town inhabited by misplaced Tales, gives Lavender a second chance at finding happiness. She never expected to be sent to the “big bad wolf”. She also didn’t expect the chemistry the sizzles between
☕️Kimberly
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Transplanted Tale series by Kate SeRine is such a fun series with zany characters straight from our beloved fairy-tales. The story goes that a spell gone awry in Make Believe ripped some of the characters from their pages into our world. Now they are forced to live among the ordinaries in the Here and Now. They have rules for blending in and they are strictly enforced by the Fairytale Management Authority. In the first book we met Red aka “Little Red Riding Hood”. In The Better to See You we ...more
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
I really liked SeRine's Red. Where that one felt more UF with a heavy dose of romance, this second installment had the romance aspect front and center. It is still first person, as we see everything from Lavender's POV. We just get into the romance faster than in book 1. It surprised me at first, until we find out why everything happened so fast. I liked Lavender's dilemma, and it showed how far her character has progressed.

When I first heard about book 2, I wasn't surprised that Seth was going
JB
**Find this and other reviews @ The Demon Librarian**

Sequel success!

Kate SeRine's debut novel, Red, was one of the last books I read in 2012. Less than 50 pages into it and I knew I'd struck reading gold. I mean, c'mon, a series about fairy tales and literary characters living among us? Sign me up, please!

Each Transplanted Tales book focuses on a different couple. In Red, we had Tess and Nate, and in The Better To See You, we get Lavendar and Seth (aka The Big Bad Wolf). While they didn't
Alice
Read on THE "CHAPTERS" APP

I liked it.
The story was original and handled well, the characters interesting, intricate and alive.
I didn't like the twist of using the thing from the book before to have it revealed now, but it was written pretty well for a plot thread I don't like.

It was enjoyable, I wanted to read it without stopping, and it brought new thoughts to my head. In my opinion it says good about the story.

I would recommend.
And usually stories that aren't good as books on their on just fal
StrangeBedfellows
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Within seconds of sitting down to read this book, I knew I had found a new favorite. The Better to See You is a merry romp through fiction and fables, and it's a fresh contribution to the world of paranormal romance.

Kate SeRine's wry and witty voice is an instant grab, catching your attention from the start and never letting up until it's over. Also, quite amusing. Imagine Stephanie Plum coating herself in pixie dust and sitting down to tea with Jane Eyre and the Grimm Brothers. You'll get magic
Gigi staub
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Blurb:

Everyone thinks fairy godmothers can do no wrong. But if not for a certain spell mis-cast by Lavender Seelie, Cinderella’s former fairy godmother, the Tales would not be stuck in the Here and Now. Fortunately for Lavender, she’s about to get a second chance at a happy ending…

The Refuge, a sanctuary for wayward Tales, seems like the perfect plac
Iris Hunter (InstagramREADS)
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Better to See You is already the second book of this amazing new series, Transplanted Tales series written by the fabulous Kate SeRine. It is almost like she has excess to this strange secret world we can't visit and just write down everything, about everything she sees or meets there. Because is hard to believe she is making this up as she writes.

We did a review earlier of her first book of this series, RED. I was impressed then and I thought it was hard to beat the first book but some how
Jenese
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
It should be no surprise to you all that I loved The Better to See You, as much as I gushed about Kate SeRine and he wonderful imagination. If you didn't see my review of her debut novel, Red be sure to check it out here.

Lavender and Seth's stories are very similar. They both have just about EVERY tale hating them. Seth because their scared of him, since he's a werewolf he's accused of everything bad that happens and Lavender because she's the nut who make them all the way that they are now. Stu
Talk Supe
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Braine's Talk Supe review

Talk Supe interview with Lavender Seelie. I promise you'd want to read this.

If you loved Red, I'm sure you'll fall even harder for this one. I'm biased because I adored Lav from the start but it has little to do with the story. THE BETTER TO SEE YOU is inspired! No detail was spared and that ending was EPIC! It's stuff fairy tales are made out of.

Now I wasn't sold on her pairing with Seth when I found out: a fairy who's a recovering alcoholic and a notorious werewolf? C
Steph
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In trying to explain the first book in the series along with this one to my hubby, he gave me a blank stare & cracked up laughing. So I'm forcing him to read it. This is not my typical genre, but damn if this isn't one of the best series I've read in a long time! I adored Red and couldn't wait for Seth Wolf's story, but it took me awhile to get to it. Once I did, I have been entranced from page 1.

The way Ms Serine has created this dark world filled with angry "Tales" was brilliant. Finding out
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quickie Review:

Oh, I do love this world and this writer! I have enjoyed both books tremendously so far in this fun, fun UF/PNR series (I suppose technically it's PNR, but it feels too plot heavy to call it that at times).

I'd say the mystery was possibly slightly more engaging in the first book, but on the flip side, we were treated to a lot more hot sexy times in this one, which was absolutely fine by me since it involved the delicious (especially when he's blushing!) Seth Wolf. His was an ador
Susana
Loved reading this! :) It has the most perfect combination of adventure and romance aka "sexiness" in it!
The only way this could have been better, would have been, if there had been a bigger development of the relationship between the characters. There's this instant connection between them, that i wouldn't have minded if it had taken a little more time to develop. But even so, i was happy with the way it was done. Maybe because, Seth may be a werewolf, but he's not the macho type "werewolf".

I
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant book in the series, where again we meet even more characters from Tales and stories that have been brought over from the land of make-believe.

This book however focuses on Lavender Seelie (the fairy godmother of cinderella) and Seth Wolf (The big bad wolf).

This book definitely has more of a paranormal feeling to it as well as the previous who-dun-it mystery as to is performing killings.

Both have their own issues to deal with, of being a bad person, of being hounded for who and w
Franjessca
Full Review posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

Kate SeRine takes our favorite fairy tales and gives them a new twist to their tales, which some may be considered good, while others wicked evil. Just be prepared to be shocked at who is deemed to be evil.
If you are a fan of the fairy godmother, the wolf from Red Riding Hood and other tales, you’ll enjoy this twisted make and believe tales that Kate writes. I know I am addicted to finding out what is happening to these versions of my favorite fairy tales.
I
Sheryl
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! It's so clever. I love what the author has chosen to do with some of these characters by putting a twist on their backstories. I really enjoyed this book, although I liked the first book a little bit better (but not enough to affect the star rating). Lavender and Seth are two tormented but strong characters and it was great watching them get their happily ever after. The plot was exciting although a little predictable and the romance felt a little rushed given that this was t ...more
Melissa Fox
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really, really enjoying this series! The imaginative world, style, characters, mystery, suspense, romance, just all of it. Lavender and Seth's story held all that and more, a little more steam than Red and Nate's story, which was perfect for them. Exactly the connection and feeling I was hoping for with them. A fun sexy romp, highly recommended, and I can't wait for the next adventure in the Transplanted Tales!
Romantic Reads and Such
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
This series is an irresistible treat for readers who enjoy supernatural suspense romances. - to view the full review, please visit http://romanticreadsandsuch.wordpress... ...more
Kimmi
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ever wonder what happens to Fairytales after the story was over well take a look at Kate SeRine 's Transplanted Tales. Was so happy Lavender aka Fairy Godmother and Seth aka Big Bad Wolfe find their happily ever after.
Claudia
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it
this was disappointing, I am really close to giving 2,5 stars ... I had high hopes after Red and Nates Novella. I really like the idea of this series but how it was done in this book was not what I expected.
both Lavender and Seth had so much potential .. .

review to come ... maybe
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loooooved it! Review to come.
Julianna
Loved it just as much as the first one! It will be a long wait until August when the next one comes out!
Lori McD
4 stars
R/MA for language, violence, drug use (fairy dust), horror/evil, and steam

Book 2 in the Transplanted Tales series. From the cover/title, it's evident that we'll find out what happened to Seth Wolf. When we last heard, Seth was on his way out of Chicago headed for The Refuge, a place inthe Northwest whhere Tales/Rhymes/Lit who are having a difficult time integrating fully intot he Here and Now/Ordinary world gather.

But it's not just Seth's story. On no! In fact, it's just as much or more L
Shawna Sears
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alright! The Better To See You is book 2 in the Transplanted Tales series, and though you will get a better overall view of the overarching storyline and the world, you don't absolutely HAVE to read the first one. I suggest it, however.

First of all, I enjoyed the book. The world Mrs. SeRine built is actually pretty neat and I enjoyed meeting yet more 'Tales' (fairy-tale characters who ended up in our world) and learning some more about the ones we already met in book 1. Red, Nate, Trish, and Set
Julie
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first in this series and by this author. It is quite good. Interesting how all the Tales have turned out in the real world, at least those that crossed over.
A few red herrings along the way, and mention of how Fairy Tales are not the only ones, there being myths and romance trope characters, etc.
I will look for more of these.
Lorraine Odango
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightfully Surprising!

Came across this story as a an animated one in the app Chapters and had to read its original. The intricately woven stories of the Tales and the unique spin on their origin stories is reminiscent of Once Upon a Time and I loved every. single. word. On to book three!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Once Perfect (Shattered Past, #1)
  • Love at Stake (Fated Match, #1)
  • Neighbors with Benefits (Anderson Brothers, #2)
  • Things Good Girls Don't Do (Rock Canyon, Idaho, #1)
  • The Billionaire Next Door (Billionaire Bad Boys #2)
  • Penthouse Prince (Billionaire Dynasties, #1)
  • The Bastard Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #3)
  • Losing Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #1)
  • The Senator's Son
  • Against the Wall (Maverick Montana, #1)
  • The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys, #1)
  • Her Backup Boyfriend (The Sorensen Family, #1)
  • Private Practice (Private Pleasures, #1)
  • Knight in Shining Suit
  • Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2)
  • Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4)
  • All the Wrong Reasons: When something so wrong can feel so right! (Destiny's Games Book 1)
  • Flirting with Fire (Hot in Chicago, #1)
Kate SeRine (pronounced “serene”) is a hopeless romantic who firmly believes in true love that lasts forever. So it's no surprise that when she began writing her own stories, Kate vowed her characters would always have a happily ever after. She's the author of the award-winning TRANSPLANTED TALES series, the PROTECT AND SERVE series, and the DARK ALLIANCE series.

Kate has been a finalist in the Fir

Transplanted Tales (4 books)
  • Red (Transplanted Tales, #1)
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Ever After (Transplanted Tales, #4)

News & Interviews