Start by marking “Tragedy of the Virgin Bride” as Want to Read:
Tragedy of the Virgin Bride

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Tragedy of the Virgin Bride

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
After centuries in the extended family, the old manor — once a castle — looks like it is to finally pass from the family line. For Josephine, this is just the latest tragedy she has had to face and, from her point of view, there is nothing but heartbreak in her future.

All it not as it seems — leaving Josephine struggling with the massive upheaval to her normal routine. Amo
ebook, iBooks Edition, 30 pages
Published August 31st 2012 by Xavier Edwards

To ask other readers questions about Tragedy of the Virgin Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tragedy of the Virgin Bride

Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
A sweet story of a love that was thwarted in the past, and the trials (at least some of them) that the ill-fated lovers have endured in spirit form since their death as they have sought a way to be together again. The location and time periods involved are left rather vague, so it's a little hard to form precise mental images of the setting and characters, though the bulk of the narrative does take place essentially in modern time.

Josephine and Robert were unwillingly separated on their wedding
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
The tragedy of the Virgin Bride is a historical romance with some paranormal in it.

Josephine is the virgin bride that by horrible events died without consummating her marriage to her Robert. Sophie is a soon-to-be bride starting her new life with her beau, Michael. Past and present fused together and joined these two couples in an incredible tale of love lost, love found.

The book is a fast endearing read. The time set of the story is not explained, but is not needed really for the comprehension
Jen
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-own
I like all of Xavier's books as he has a way of describing a scene that puts you right there. In this case I loved how he had described the estate where Josehpine (the heroine) was sitting. Right away I was sucked into the story and it held me in its grips until the end. Although this story held tragedy for Josephine and Robert it was so intriguing how they ended up living through Sophie and Micheal.
I found this story to have a neat twist that I haven't read in other stories and I thoroughly en
Sofia Grey
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a good and interesting quick read. I'm a sucker for ghost stories, add in some ancient history - a castle turned chateau and knights in armour - and I was putty in Xavier's hands, so to speak :-)

Nicely told, some good plotting - essential in a short story - and no padding.

My only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 was the language of the modern day couple. I found them to have a slightly old-fashioned turn of speech, which seemed stilted to me. But I'm picky. Apart from that I loved it :-
Ava
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nostalgia
A captivating short read that tells the tragic story of Robert and Josephine died at the night of their wedding, just before they could consummate their marriage. People of the town annually memorialize the tragic event, allowing the couple to see each other, but not touch each other, brought more pain until Michael and Sophie comes along.

Tragedy of the Virgin Bride got me magnetized from start to finish.

Daisy Sloan
The Tragedy of the Virgin Bride tells the tragic story of a couple that were separated on their wedding day. Before they were able to consummate their marriage or really be married, they were killed. Years later they are tied to their deaths and must re-live their tragic deaths, never to touch, never to be together.

This book is a breath of fresh air and takes you down an unexpected path. I was completely enthralled with this story and was sad when it ended!
Sassafrass
full review to come but this was not what I was expecting. I was pleasantly surprised. I've been reading quite of few Xavier Edwards shorts lately and this one had a lot more plot in it. I also liked the paranormal twist, and the ending was very satisfying.

I have to say I'm impressed with this show of versatility in this author.
Dee
Oct 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I have read and enjoy a number of books by Xavier, however this one just didn't do it for me.

It is supposedly PNR, but is unlike anything else I have ever read. I was okay with the ghost aspect but found the two bodies four spirits part rather confusing and not erotic at all.

But in typical Xavier style it was well written and the setting nicely set and described.
Charity
A Historical Paranormal read with ghosts, tragedy, and a happy ending. This story is not one of my favorites from Xavier. I found it a bit of a snoozer. Well written, but I just couldn’t get into the story. If you like the idea of lover ghosts finally getting their happy ending than this is for you.
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by the author.

I thought it was brilliant. I loved the history brought into it. Very well written short read
Leta Fisher
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet and heartbreaking. A tale of a couple never to have what they wanted so bad, a marriage or even family.
Vicki
4.5

✳✳ Copy provided by the author.
Kimberley
This is a beautifully writen short story slipping between historical and present day setting, erotic but not over the top, very romantic and cleverly worked.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.
Yvet
May 07, 2015
Dawn Wells
Feb 14, 2013
Xavier Edwards
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Xavier Edwards
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Nipon Sing
Jul 19, 2013
Flo
Aug 31, 2012
Xavier Edwards
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Dokoohyar Ahmadipour
Oct 22, 2013
Cysa95
Oct 26, 2013
  • Come to Me
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • The Rebound
  • Saved by One, Shared by Two
  • Perceptions
  • Phantom Lovers
  • Bound by Night (Brides of Darkness #3)
  • An Angel's Soul
  • Ripped (Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Virgin Seeks Bad-Ass Boy
  • Seduced by the Angel (Divine Fornication, #1)
  • Varick: The Reckoning (A Vampire Erotic Thriller)
  • Demon's Desire
  • Victoria's Demon Lover
  • The Rise of Alec Caldwell: Volume Three (The Rise of Alec Caldwell, #3)
  • Awakening (The Darkfire Chronicles, #1)
  • Midnight Hunt (Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles, #3)
  • Delighting in Your Company
Xavier Edwards (it might be his real name, no one is really sure) has spent his life surrounded by women, and writing. Growing up in rural Australia before the age of the Internet and cable television, there was no better refuge than in books. Any and all genres were absorbed as he and his three sisters grew up far from the hectic pace of the big smoke. The wide expanse of open country and natural ...more