Start by marking “Letting Go of the Camera: Essays on Photography and the Creative Life” as Want to Read:
Letting Go of the Camera: Essays on Photography and the Creative Life

Letting Go of the Camera: Essays on Photography and the Creative Life

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Photography is, or can be, a way of life. Beyond cameras and equipment, beyond film and chemistry, beyond pixels and technology lie the mysteries of the creative life shared by those who strive to communicate and express themselves clearly. This book is an exploration of the path of creative photography. 186 pages.
Published 2004 by LensWork Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Letting Go of the Camera, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letting Go of the Camera

Mihai
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Had it been possible, I would have rated this book a 6 or 7 stars. It's by far the most informative, useful and thought-provoking book you could read as a photographer or, generally, as a creative individual. Profoundly diving into the inner workings of creativity while still keeping your feet firmly planted on the ground, this is a must-read for any photographer serious about his work.
Ashley Howard
Jun 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
A true eye-opener for artists of all kinds. The style of writing is brutle at times and a bit of a smack of reality, but that is what I loved about it!
Pete
Apr 08, 2010 rated it liked it
It's light reading, not technical, sometimes ethical, often humerous, a welcome relief for many in and around photography, or any creative art.
Gueorgui
Aug 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: photography
A very good read, not just for photographers but for artists of all kinds — the essays are about photography, but the insights are valuable to all artists.
Mike
Apr 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
excellent read for all those interested in photography....amature and professional
Lyne Marshall
Feb 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone creative
Creativity is about the same things for photographers, artist, writers, whoever. A great read.
Laura Fransen
Jan 11, 2012
Alexander Popov
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
“The key is to integrate our art into our life, not the other way around.” 11 likes
“It's been said that the role of the artist is to teach us to see and that's true. However, the role of other artists is to teach me how they see. To learn how I see is somethig that cannot be taught but must be learned.” 10 likes