Start by marking “Webs of Influence: The Psychology of Online Persuasion” as Want to Read:
Webs of Influence: The Psychology of Online Persuasion

Webs of Influence: The Psychology of Online Persuasion

As legions of businesses scramble to set up virtual-shop, we face an unprecedented level of competition to win over and keep new customers online. At the forefront of this battleground is your ability to connect with your customers, nurture your relationships and understand the psychology behind what makes them click. In this book The Web Psychologist, Nathalie Nahai, ...more
Published February 22nd 2013 by FT Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Webs of Influence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Webs of Influence

Start your review of Webs of Influence: The Psychology of Online Persuasion
Lea Bech-Sjøthun
Dec 19, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a great book for coming up with new ideas - and new ways to improve the landingpage you've been blindly staring at the past week...
Don't expect an in-dept explanation of neuro-psychology. Rather, Nathalie Nahai gives you references to loads of different fields of psychology used on web.

You'll be left with a long list of ideas and practical guidelines on how to improve your conversion rate. And an even longer list of other psychology books to read in near future ;-)
Alvaro Berrios
Despite the lack-luster 3 star rating (I would give it 2.5 if I could), I genuinely do not believe this is a bad book. I just read it at the wrong stage of my career. This book is definitely targeted towards people who are just getting started in digital marketing and/or web design. In other words, it's a beginner's book. Consequently, in reading this book I was already aware of many of its lessons. However, if I was a novice it would have blown my mind.

As a result, had I read this 3 years ago
Kristen Kolb
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
good intro to psych and web strategy. recommended for beginners.
Jeroen
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fijn boek over de manieren waarop beeld, kleur, tekst en dergelijke een serieuze invloed hebben op je doelpubliek. Zodat je er goed moet over nadenken. Zeker als je een heterogene markt hebt, of doelgroepen in andere werelddelen of culturen waar kleur en manier van schrijven of voorbeelden tonen een heel andere aanpak kunnen vereisen.
Mooi als naslagwerk, met goede structuur en praktische samenvattingen. Beetje te breedvoerig misschien in een soort wens alles samen te brengen. Waardoor het
Madeleine Work
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I found this book to be, in a word, “Meh.”

While there were some interesting tidbits in this book, I found it to be rather uninspiring for the most part. Most of the studies cited I had seen before, and her advice about how to implement psychological tricks into your business model were... either outdated, obvious, or completely unhelpful. For example, she advised businesses to price their products at $3.99 instead of $4.00 for more sales.... Pretty sure I figured out that trick when I was 8 and
Fahim Sachedina
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was surprised by the calibre of research and the in-depth stories - echoing some of the other readers, it's definitely for beginners in digital marketing but I found some good insights regardless and appreciated the style of writing.
Chiara Aliotta
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful and handy book about how our mind works. Very useful insights too. The web looks different after I finished to read this book.
Cóilín
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very handy resource. Real, scientific data distilled into easy-to-read insights and practical use cases and examples. I can see myself revisiting certain sections again and again.
Luca
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had the honor to do an event with Nathalie in Stockholm a while back, and she was just great! This book got me into psychology behavior and neuroscience. MUST READ
Elizabeth K.
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very insightful book. It's very intense and dense with information, but can definitely be integrated into the plan of a tenured marketing professional if structured correctly.
Rolandas
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Useful and interesting book with many real life examples. Easily readable. Recommend for those who want to increase online sales.
May 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Seriously flawed in web design terms as website accessibility is not only ignored, but incorrectly defined. Accessibility is about ensuring your website is accessible to all users, irrespective of any disability. This is not mentioned. Look in the index and you see two entries for accessibility, but Nahai describes accessibility as information being "easy to locate".

In many countries, you have a legal obligation to ensure your site is accessible. Some of Nahai's design suggestions (e.g. people
Feli
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: work
It started off quite promising explaining quite well different cultures and how best to target them online. After that initial interesting chapter, it went downhill. Very basic and has only a few good tips. I would only recommend it to people who have very little online marketing knowledge.

I think I will try one of these books, which Nahai based her research on Culture's Consequences: Comparing Values, Behaviors, Institutions and Organizations Across Nations or Cultures and Organizations:
Catherine Kingsbury
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book that provides a lot of great insight. It's a double-edged sword as there is A LOT of info, which makes it difficult to take in as large chunks. I highly recommend keeping a notepad handy and taking notes as you are reading it, as you'll experience what I did and have to go back to get the info again when the author refers to earlier points that are near the beginning. But overall, I highly recommend this for individuals who manage websites or other online properties - ...more
Jana Kovářová
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved the book. It took me some time to read it but only because there's so much information I needed to take notes and implement it. I personally think this is one of the best books on psychology in online persuasion and a great book to have in your library to read through anytime you need again and again.
Really an endless source of knowledge and inspiration that you can use in many different ways depending on the company or a project you work on now. Can't recommend it enough!
Diana
Nov 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Hmm, reserving judgement. Not massively impressed yet though.
Annika
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book about online persuasion. Relaxed but full of knowledge. Only problem is that some of the example age quickly.
Diana Ramos

• Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing
  • Find Your Why: A Practical Guide to Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team
  • The Four Steps to the Epiphany: Successful Strategies for Startups That Win
  • Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster
  • Brands and Bulls**t.  Excel at the Former, Avoid the Latter.
  • The Opposable Mind: How Successful Leaders Win Through Integrative Thinking
  • The Practitioner's Guide to Product Management
  • The Magnificent Mrs Mayhew
  • The Go-To Book for Irish Crochet Motifs
  • The Creakers
  • Non-Obvious: How to Think Different, Curate Ideas & Predict The Future
  • Well-Designed: How to Use Empathy to Create Products People Love
  • Gamification by Design
  • Hidden in Plain Sight: How to Create Extraordinary Products for Tomorrow's Customers