Start by marking “Digger and Tom!” as Want to Read:
Digger and Tom!

Digger and Tom!

(Sebastien Braun - Teamwork)

Sebastien Braun follows up Toot and Pop! with Digger and Tom!, another brightly colored picture book featuring vehicles preschool kids love.

Digger and Tom! is set at a construction site. Little Digger is eager to help with the work, but all the other construction vehicles are bigger and make a lot more noise. The dump truck, steam roller, steam shovel, bulldozer, crane, c
Hardcover, 1st American ed., 32 pages
Published May 28th 2013 by HarperCollins (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Digger and Tom!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Digger and Tom!

Vivian
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This earns four stars because my two-year-old grandson never tires of it.
Much like the familiar "little engine that could", little digger succeeds at doing what he does best -- digging. Each truck included in the story is a different color. They learn to work together, using their best skills, to get the job done. My little guy likes the orange bulldozer best.
Melanie
The building site is almost cleared by the end of the day. There is just one large rock left to get out of the ground. All of the big equipment try to get it out but it just won't budge. While the big guys are taking a break little Digger tries digging out the rock. Success!

A great book about teamwork.
Eliot Reads
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such sweet smiley faced construction vehicles! The star of this story is really Tom, the dump truck, he is the kindest and most helpful friend, who successfully encourages little Digger to unearth a very large, stubborn rock hazard.
Jo Oehrlein
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Sometimes it's not about being the biggest. Sometimes even the smallest can be the right person for the job.

Love the encouragement from one of the other construction vehicles.
Kelly
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bright illustrations and expressive characters. Good message too.
Robert Beveridge
Sebastien Braun, Digger and Tom (Harper, 2011)

Okay, I don't get it. Why did the publisher feel the need to change this book, originally published in England, to have the title Digger and Tom instead of Digger and Skip? You can't seriously think that was a cultural reference that would not be glossed over by the intended audience (or their parents, so you really know anyone who doesn't watch at least one British import home show on TV? I mean, I don't even have cable and I know that one). One way
Jennifer Heise
Jun 14, 2013 rated it liked it
My four year old construction fan initially rejected this one, perhaps from the chunky, toddler-toy style of the trucks on the cover. But once we read it, he was willing to admit it was 'a good story.' Little Digger uncovers a rock embedded in the construction site; the bigger work equipment condescendingly put him aside to try to dispose of it with their specialties, but have no luck. Encouraged by his dump truck friend Tom, Digger goes back to work on it and succeeds in freeing it, whereupon t ...more
Aleece
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Digger tries to help out in any way that he can at the construction site. With one tiny rock left he decides that he will clear it out. However, the rock will not budge so other machines come to work on the rock. Eventually it tires everyone out and they take a break before beginning again. Tom tells Digger that he should try again. Digger works on it, and works on it, and works on it and finally reveals the whole rock.

I feel this is a good moral to not give up and if you continue to try eventua
Ina
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime-reads
This book is filled with brightly colored pictures of happy, smiling, hard working construction vehicles. Simple text and a child-like font tell the story of Digger, the smallest of the vehicles. He is always eager to help, but not always up to the task. At the end of one particular day at the construction site, there is a rock, that the entire crew tries to remove, but only little Digger, with his strong desire to help, can clear the rock and become the hero. My very young story time audience w ...more
Athena Macmillan
This book features bright, bold pictures and a delightful lesson about team work and the importance of everybody's talents whether they are big or small. A rock is stuck in the ground and when the little digger tries to get it out, the bigger trucks try to take over. When they realise they can't the little digger tries again and because of his special digging talent, he gets the rock out! One of my boy's current favourites, he likes to join in making the noises of the construction machines.
Margaret Chind
This is a cute and colorful book. It reminds me of Bob the Builder's little digger. It is very big on team work, perseverance and that even the little one on the team has it's speciality. Having a friend's support is important and even preschooler readers will pick up on the friendship in this one. It's not amazing, but it is cute and fun.

*Thanks to HC for providing an ARC for review.*

posted: http://creativemadnessmama.com/blog/2...
Elica Palacek
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
We checked this book out of the library. My son loves construction and like most construction themed books he loved this one.
In face after not reading it for about 3 months my son found it in the bottom of the pile and exclaimed "Mommy, this is my favorite book. I found it!".

I as a adult did not enjoy it that much but the story line does stick with my son so it is a 4 star in my book!
Cassie
This is a story that honors the contributions of each person and their unique abilities. It will find fans among many readers, but especially those who love diggers. This is a truly heart-warming tale for young readers.
Scottsdale Public Library
A little machine with big determination kids should dig!
-Monty K.

Check it out!
Scottsdale Public Library
Carrie
Digger and Tom is a brightly colored book that many young fans of trucks and diggers will enjoy. The large, chunky, smiling machines will appeal to the younger kids. It is a story about encouragement and teamwork, so there's a lesson too.
Suse
Jun 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Cute illustrations and great color. Story didn't grab me. Will be loved by the construction and truck set :)
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute illustrations and a solid story. Good choice for kids who like trucks and construction books.
Jen
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: pb
It was ok. :/ good story about persistence.
Cemeread
Mar 23, 2014 added it
Shelves: children
Tom the dump truck's faith in Digger help him show the other machines why he is just a important as they are on a construction site.
Renee
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 A construction story with a nice moral about perseverance and everyone has unique abilities.
pati
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Simple truck book.
Heather
Sep 13, 2015 rated it liked it
An ok book, two year old vehicle fans will enjoy it as mine does, not a fan of the illustration style.
Michelle Nero
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A great book about teamwork and everybody has a way to help out, no matter your size!
Rachel
Aug 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Just because your small does not mean you can't acomplish big things, a simple book with a nice message.
Paul
teamwork
Edward Sullivan
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Perfect for the preschool set.
Alison
Good basic book about everyone doing their part to complete a task no matter how big or small. Use of construction vehicles will make it a hit with kids who have a construction bug.
Maddypictures
Nov 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Digger finds that he has value when he sticks to what he knows best. Namely, digging!
Samantha
A little digger machine works hard to uncover a rock at the construction site. This is a great title for showcasing teamwork and perseverance. PreK-2.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
"I’m French and studied fine and applied arts at Strasbourg University.
I taught applied arts before becoming a freelance illustrator, first of all for editorial clients in Paris.
When I moved to London in 2000 I developed my illustrations for children and since then have been
working exclusively on children’s picture books.

If you’d like more information about my work, please drop me a line.
I’m a mem

Sebastien Braun - Teamwork (3 books)
  • Toot and Pop!