Start by marking “Walter and the No-Need-To-Worry Suit” as Want to Read:
Walter and the No-Need-To-Worry Suit

Walter and the No-Need-To-Worry Suit

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
We all worry, but nobody worries quite like Walter. As the Seriously Competitive Sports and Funday approaches, Walter's worries start to roll out of control. What can his best friend Winnie and the other Woollybottomers do to help?
Published August 1st 2012 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Walter and the No-Need-To-Worry Suit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walter and the No-Need-To-Worry Suit

Suzanne
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, indy
Indy and I just read this twice! He asked! We purchased this book at Pre School during the week as part of a Book Week promotion. Indy chose it, but I thought it was a little complex for him. Turns out I was wrong, and he loved it. He listened, joined in, learned some things and repeated his understanding afterwards and also during the second read.

Walter is a worrier (maybe I am too!) and he lives in Woollybottom. This of course, provided some bum wiggling and raucous laughter and silliness fro
Beth
Jun 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Very British, with mixed capitals and cozy villages and hard work for success.
Carly
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
Walter and the No-Need-to Worry Suit is a brilliant picture book that is full of fun, humour and has a wonderful message for little ones! Rachel Bright's illustrations are superb, they stand out from the crowd and are big, bright, bold, colourful and quirky! Little people won't know what to look at first as each page is jam packed with wonderfully attractive things.The storyline is great, it is perfectly paced and is a good length. We are introduced to an amazing set of brand new characters and ...more
Michelle McBeth
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
SUMMARY: Walter is a big worrier. In fact he is the biggest worrier in Woolybottom. A competitive sports day is coming up and Walter is worried about the events he is picked for. He thinks of all the things that could go wrong. This makes him not want to go. His friends get together to create Walter a No-Need-To-Worry-Suit. The only problem is, he can't move very well in it. He begins the competition, but has trouble because of the suit. Finally, Walter knows exactly what to do.

ILLUSTRATIONS: Th
Courtney Torrent
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
This story has a good message about friendship and that friends can help you with your worries, but I thought the book was simply "ok" because I felt as though there was not a lot of detail to the story. There was some imagination, but each imaginative idea only lasted one page. I could see this book being a decent one for teaching students how to make predictions because there were three pages where Walter shares his worry and the page ends with "what if.." The teacher could stop and have stude ...more
Nola
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Walter and Winnie both live in the town of Woollybottom, but they're very different. Winnie is happy-go-lucky, but Walter worries about everything. When Walter finds himself nominated for three events in the sports fun day, he goes into a panic. What if his trousers come off or a big mouse stamps on his house? Winnie and friends come to the rescue by making him a no-need-to-worry suit, but will it do the trick?

This is a cute, humorous story with a good message about getting a little help from yo
Caspette
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
We watched this book being read on the kids show Bookaboo. Both myself, 3 year old son, and partner thoroughly enjoyed it.

It is about Walter who worries about EVERYTHING. Eventually he learns to over come his worries and not let them hold him back.

I loved the tall take that is woven by Walters fears. Which is built on as the story progresses.

A really good message for kids and a thoroughly enjoyable book.
Desiree
Feb 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Walter is the consummate worrier. He worries cover the real and imagined perils of an otherwise lucky donkey. His best friend Winnie devises an ingenious way to help Walter solve his worry problems. Thus the No-Need-to-Worry suit is born. While the suit does help Walter feel safe, it also acts as a barrier to fun he might be having if he could only relax. This is a great book for discussing worry and it's effect on the lives of children.
Bianca
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked the story about how friends come together to help an anxious friend in need, and help him conquer his fears. I liked that the friends were understanding and helping out. The witting style was nice, it flowed and I believe most children could understand and appreciate what was going on in the story.
Ms Threlkeld
Sep 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
decent book for talking to kids about anxiety and for making predictions. I wish the author hadn't explicitly stated the lesson at the end; always better to let readers figure it out on their own.
Susan
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: storybook, 2016
A cute story with a good message.
Raneem
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
if you live to keep away from your fears .... you will end up not living at all....thats wat this book is saying in a cute and simple way
Megan
Dec 30, 2016
Briana
Apr 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: social-skills
Walter worries a lot, but has good friends who help him. Loved the cute pics and humor.
Jodie
Günce
Jan 07, 2017
Shannon Benton
Jul 13, 2015
Rachel is a writer of words, drawer of pictures and champion of silver linings. She exhibits widely, writes tirelessly and frequently creates slightly unhinged characters.

Her written work includes children’s stories and poems, clever advertising copy and lots of other stuff besides. Her illustrative work is a smorgasboard of giant, hand-printed poems, mind-bogglingly detailed gouache illustrations
More about Rachel Bright...