Start by marking “Night Bells” as Want to Read:
Night Bells

Night Bells

(Tales from Niflheim #1)

Lord Maslyn has been a prisoner in his own home for the last six years. When the twelve year old noble of New Kristiansand discovers a secret passageway in his tower, he delves into a world of adventure, intrigue, and secrecy. With the help of a mysterious stranger and his friend Arna, Lord Maslyn seeks to unravel the secrets of his past and to plot his escape from his ...more
Published August 28th 2012 by L.M. Sherwin

To ask other readers questions about Night Bells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Bells

Start your review of Night Bells
Alice Raab
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Night Bells is a story full of magic and excitement. It tells the tale of essentially the coming of age of the Young Lord Maslyn who has been locked in a tower for 6 years. It has an excellent cast of characters (including some talking animals!). There's love, laughter, and definitely drama! I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish!!
Brian Basham
Night Bells is the tale of a young boy named Soryn who is destined to become the town chiefton otherwise known as the "Maslyn". This also just happens to be his last name. He has been held in a tower for several years, but he starts to find hidden passageways he didn't notice before. The adventure begins. Weeeee!

This book moves at a very slow pace. The characters all act as if they all agree with each other. The bad characters are bad, and no one trusts them even before meeting them. They need a
Charlie Kravetz
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy mystery and intrigue.
A bit of magic, a bit of love, a lot of excitement!

This is the story of a 12-year-old, imprisoned for 6 years. When he steps out, the world is nothing as he imagined. He has a friend his age, Arna, who helps him learn his way around again. He has to discover his family's past, while learning to live in this big world again.

I found this to be a very well paced story, full of excitement. Every time I thought the excitement reached its peak and was now calming down, it got a little bit better. The
Kristen Otte
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Night Bells was my indie read for May. I follow L.M. Sherwin on twitter and decided to pick up her book. Night Bells is a fantasy young adult novel so the book is on par with my normal reading habits. The novel is a coming of age story about Lord Maslyn, a 12 year old boy who has been imprisoned in his own castle for 6 years. The pacing of the novel was good and the story was intriguing. (A talking pig!) My only complaint is I wish the story was darker; however, Night Bells is the first in the ...more
Kendra
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautifully crafted and unique story. Young Lord Maslyn has been imprisoned in the upper chambers of his home for half of his life. But there are secrets in this house, and he's not as alone as he thinks.

His friend (or maybe more than friend) Arna helps him adapt once he finds his way out, and Lord Maslyn discovers the world is not as it might have seemed--there's magic to be found, strange creatures to meet and enemies lurking to test his courage and strength.

This book (in my opinion) is
Ashley B
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would definitely recommend this book to lovers of sci-fi/fantasy! I really enjoyed getting to know and falling in love with the characters and the world that they live in. I was pleasantly caught off guard by the twists and turns of this story and was kept on my toes until the very end. I can't wait to read the next installment in this series (bought it minutes after I finished the first) and to see more from LM Sherwin in the future!
Karen
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
If they had half stars this would be 4 1/2 stars. I could not put this book down, and I found I had to finish it to find out the ending. I really liked this book, and I look forward to reading more of this author's work. I am not good at reviewing, so I will let others to do a better job.
Krisha Burnett scannapieco
Oliver
Aug 05, 2015
Matthew Messmer
May 22, 2013
L.M. Sherwin is a fantasy novelist by night and an 8-5er by day. She lives with her husband and a parrotlet named "Dovahkiin" in the southeastern United States. A consummate geek, she loves to spend her (limited) freetime reading, gaming, and binge-watching anime and fantasy/sci-fi TV shows.

Tales from Niflheim (2 books)
  • Silent Shades (Tales from Niflheim: #2)