Start by marking “It's Not Me, It's You: The Ultimate Breakup Book” as Want to Read:
It's Not Me, It's You: The Ultimate Breakup Book

It's Not Me, It's You: The Ultimate Breakup Book

3.15  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Sick and tired of married people getting all the attention and the gifts while the brokenhearted are left with nothing but that hideous bridesmaid dress or, worse, that hideous bridesmaid? This indispensable guide to the modern breakup is for you! Engagements and weddings have their own elaborate etiquette, even lavish gift-giving rituals, but married people already have t ...more
Published January 16th 2006 by Da Capo Press (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about It's Not Me, It's You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Not Me, It's You

Ephie
May 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Bought this book expecting a funny, tongue-in-cheek, light-hearted self-help book.

It started out as a 3* book for me, silly but amusing - I even laughed out loud a couple of times! It then started slipping, first to a 2*, then to a 1* as I think reading anything other than this is a better investment of your time.

Do not recommend!
Mycala
Oct 01, 2007 rated it it was ok
This book didn't do much to hold my attention. I started reading it in October of 2007 and just finished last night because I couldn't sleep and didn't have any other books nearby, if that's an indication. It was funny in parts, but while I can appreciate trying to make light of a situation there really isn't a whole lot that's funny about a breakup, even years later.
Juli Ryan
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
The premise of this book is misery loves company. Tips offered like: We have all been hurt but can find love again. Look on the bright side--at least you didn't lose your virginity in a leaky tent. Don't have sex on the first date, but if it's meant to be, it could be ok. Wanting revenge after a breakup, turning the tables, moving on (how?)--no real advice, but many anecdotes.
R.A.
Nov 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I read this for the comedic value so I enjoyed it immensely. My library colleagues and I had quite a bit of fun with it before I decided to take it home.
Mscharlee
Jul 27, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: the heartbroken
Started out pretty funny but doesn't give much advice on how to get over a breakup. In fact, it tells you you don't have to. Still enjoyable.
Krista Skene
Jan 17, 2011 rated it liked it
I love reading about relationships and break-ups.
Christina
Oct 30, 2017
Bendersgame
Jan 18, 2010
Kristin
rated it did not like it
Apr 15, 2012
Danelle
Aug 15, 2012
Svetlana
Oct 23, 2012
Anna Jane Grossman is a writer and animal trainer in New York City.

Grossman is a graduate of the Karen Pryor Academy of Animal Training and Behavior, and of New York University. She also graduated high school, grade school, and kindergarten, and once took some karate lessons.

Grossman has written extensively on the subject of animals (both human and non-human) for The New York Times, Gizmodo.com,