Jump to ratings and reviews

Catalysts

A strange growth that will change a man.... People with open umbrellas when no rain is in sight.... An old suitcase with a haunting past and the man who decides to change its future.... A vengeful victim of a house fire.... A mattress that can bring a man hope in his dreams.... A mother so bent that she does the unthinkable to keep "her baby" from growing up.... These are only the catalysts.

Dark Discoveries Publications is proud to present Catalysts, the debut short story collection by Bill Gauthier. Thirteen darkly fantastic tales with art by Alan M. Clark and a foreword by Bram Stoker Award-winning author and editor Thomas F. Monteleone.

146 pages, Paperback

First published January 1, 2007

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Bill Gauthier

4 books19 followers
Bill Gauthier lives in Southeastern Massachusetts. His collection Catalysts was published in 2007 by Dark Discoveries Publications and his novellas Alice on the Shelf (Bad Moon Books) and Shadowed (Delirium Books) were published in 2011.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 of 1 review
Profile Image for Randy.
47 reviews
August 14, 2021
Wow. So let me start off by saying I haven't read too many short stories lately, or a collection of them, at that. With that said, Bill Gauthier put together a fantastic set of them in "Catalysts". I loved it. These stories really pack a punch. Bill does a great job of putting you in the story. I was terrified at some of these stories. "The Umbrella People", and "Snow Day" were my favorites. Put more chills up my arms than some whole novels I've read. If you're into mystery, horror, and thriller type of stories, check out Bill Gauthier. You'll be glad you did!
Displaying 1 of 1 review

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.