Start by marking “The Reflective Life: Becoming More Spiritually Sensitive to the Everday Moments of Life (Reflective Living Series)” as Want to Read:

How do we, like Mary, create "pauses" in our days to hear what the Savior has to say to us? How do we make time for the things that ultimately matter? Ken Gire unlocks the door to change by introducing us to a centuries-old tradition--reflective living.
Published September 15th 1998 by Chariot Victor Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Reflective Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reflective Life

Start your review of The Reflective Life: Becoming More Spiritually Sensitive to the Everday Moments of Life (Reflective Living Series)
Mark
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My father was a Methodist pastor for nearly 40 years and was extremely prolific and well-read. In the final 18 months of his life he discovered Ken Gire's beautiful and compelling books- and this was among his favorites.
I have read several books on this subject over the past year or so but this book in particular has made me stop and reexamine my life and has kindled in me a desire to deliberately lead a life of discernment - looking for God's presence in even the most mundane things.
It has
Susan
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!
Lori Galaske
Sep 16, 2012 rated it liked it
In "The Reflective Life," author, Ken Gire, encourages the reader to pay attention to life: to what we read (novels and literature), what we watch (movies), and what we hear (music). In all these things, there are messages, if we only stop long enough to read them. I very much like the idea of living more attuned to the things my senses take in whether consciously or unconsciously, but the book was written a little.
Melodramatically.
For.
My.
Tastes.
He overemphasized points by his writing style
Priscilla Schubert
I really like the challenge of this book.
Jane
Apr 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book to equipp us to be "in the present". Gire is an excellent writer.
Linda
Mar 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Using examples of everyday life, Ken Gire draws you into a place of true reflection. You will find yourself putting it down, looking up and going...hmmmmmmm

Excellent!
Beckynovacek
Nov 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read for anyone who is a deep thinker, creative and Christian. I highlighted throughout.
Eric
Aug 08, 2015
Don (The Book Guy)
Feb 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Day of Atonement (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #4)
  • Milk and Honey (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #3)
  • In Plain Sight (Joe Pickett, #6)
  • Winterkill (Joe Pickett, #3)
  • Light of the Last (Wars of the Realm, #3)
Ken Gire is the author of more than 20 books, including "The Divine Embrace," "Windows of the Soul," "The Work of His Hands," the Moments with the Savior series, and the Reflective Life series. He has also co-authored "The Birthright" with John Sheasby. Two of his books have been awarded a Gold Medallion. A full-time writer and speaker, Ken is the founder of Reflective Living, a nonprofit ministry ...more