Start by marking “Hunting Dinosaurs” as Want to Read:
Hunting Dinosaurs

Hunting Dinosaurs

For dinophiles of all ages, Hunting Dinosaurs does for paleontology what Indiana Jones did for archaeology--makes scientific adventures exciting and entertaining. The stunning, full-color photos contained here present dinosaurs as never seen before.
Published October 10th 1995 by Random House (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Hunting Dinosaurs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunting Dinosaurs

Alex
Jan 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is the dinosaur book I'd recommend to anyone wanting an introduction to the topic, or anyone vaguely interested in the topic, frankly: it's a great read but not short on scientific substance. It's an anthology of different adventure pieces, so you're really reading a story in more sense than one. The episodes all work together, and the pictures (the author is a renowned National Geo photographer) and graphics make this a gorgeous book. This is that rare thing, a coffee table book you'll read cov ...more
Mayor McCheese
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it
I met the author when he came to the University of Utah bookstore in 1994-95 and he signed my book. Very dynamic and adventurous individual. Was working I believe for National Geographic flying all around the world to capture these images. I can't say I'm a big students of dinosaurs or anything but appreciated the energy and commitment and risk that went into this.
Fraser
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book on another of my fascinations - prehistoric archaeology. Another hangover from childhood, I have kept a firm hold of this book for my daughter to read when she is older, or indeed something we could read together.

A book for any age, full of interesting and up to date (at the time of publication) facts on the latest finds and the science behind the digging.
Carrie
Mar 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who love people
Recommended to Carrie by: Mike!
This book is unlike any other I've seen. It's not about dinosaurs themselves, but about the field of paleontology and the people who have dedicated their lives to it. It's full of amazing characters and stories and many beautiful pictures.
Jeneé
Never actually got around to buying this book, I found it in my school library I think. I liked it at the time but I was also in 7th grade. I'm not so sure how it would hold up nowadays.
Dixie