Start by marking “Full Surrender” as Want to Read:
Full Surrender

Full Surrender (Murphy Brothers #5)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
It's a heck of a risky shot. But five years after an ordeal in Iraq, camerawoman Stephanie Rosen's mojo has gone MIA. There's only one place she'll find it…and that's with the onetime fling who set her fantasies—and panties—ablaze five years ago!

Lieutenant Daniel Murphy's nights at sea have been haunted by dreams of Stephanie and the brain-melting chemistry between them. N
Published September 1st 2012 by Harlequin Blaze (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Full Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Surrender

Desere
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not all of us meet that one special man that manages to meet every single desire we crave. But for photographer Stephanie she does and that man is unbelievably hot Lieutenant Daniel Murphy.

Yes he is a man in uniform which makes the book all the more better! The chemistry was absolutely scorching and in true Joanne Rock style the book packed one heck of a punch.

The story deals on how Danny tries to convince Stephanie that their blazing passion is one that needs to be shared for more than just fe
Sharon Hamilton
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a new fan of Joanne's and this didn't disappoint. Love men in uniform, and loved this book. Easy read, spunky heroine, and a guy to just easily die for. Love how they have chemistry right off the bat, and the premise was cute, but not dumb, if you know what I mean. Sexy premise for sure. I'm looking to read more of her long list of books.
Marcy
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story and the entire Murphy family. I plan to search out the other 4 Blaze books featuring Daniel's siblings.
Jaymy M.
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: arc
I couldn’t put “Full Surrender” down. This is why I hold fast that I will read anything written by Joanne Rock; she can spin a tale like no one I know — and I read voraciously. I’ve even tried her J.K. Rock, stories written with her sister-in-law, Karen, who together make one heck of a team. While their voice is different, you still feel Joanne’s hand in it yet together they are refreshingly solid and entertaining
Rock’s books are so engaging because her characters real, believably flawed yet c
Dottie
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A sizzling hot contemporary tale! Taken from my review at RomanceJunkies.com:

Camerawoman Stephanie Rosen had hooked up with Danny, a lead guitarist, five years ago just before she took off for her six-month long assignment in Iraq with his cousin. They had spent five sensationally sensual days together before they parted ways, having agreed that this short interval was all they would have. But it was her memories of him that sustained her when she and Danny’s journalist cousin were captured and
Julie Barrett
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full Surrender by Joanne Rock
Danny Murphy has just walked off his ship and is back on land after months away at sea with the US Navy.
Stephanie, a war photographer who was abducted and held and then released after some torture is there waiting for his return as he's the only one that she can feel safe near.
They hook up and retreat to his family resort area where he has a place and she agrees to stay and accompany him to the family's reunion and to gear up for one of his brothers weddings.
They reh
Shh I'm reading!
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy from the author couple months ago and finally had the opportunity to read it. I enjoyed it and give it a little more than 3.5 stars. The chemistry between Stephanie and Danny was off the charts, and the flashback scenes were interwoven nicely with their current relationship. The only thing preventing me from giving it more stars is that the subplot in the story (surrounding threats on Stephanie's life) wasn't really explored or fleshed out. It was presented in a way that hinted it's ...more
Michele
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, thank you to the author for the ARC. This story is a nice change of pace for a modern day romance. The two main characters try to rekindle a romance from their white hot time together five years ago. The author includes snippets of that initial romance throughout the story at integral times to explain their choices and their relationship today. I found this helpful, as she included the actual dialog and the full scenes instead of eluding to what happened. It was interesting to see how the ...more
Kim Perry
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie and Danny had a short affair 5 years ago and now Stephanie approaches Danny in need of his help. Five years is a long time and both have changed during their time apart. Danny is quiet, intense, loyal, protective, and focused. Stephanie has found a new, fulfilling career while she's still haunted by her past. While their relationship moved quickly upon reuniting, it was believable due to their past and obvious chemistry.
Jillian
Because I haven't read the other books connected with it, the plentiful references to other couples was not very entertaining. I liked the heroine and understood her reactions, but wanted to shake the hero for his decision that separated them for multiple years. However, they did find their HEA and it felt believable.
Yazmin
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is sexy and fun story about Daniel and Stephanie that kept me turning the pages. I just had to find out what happened next. Stephanie is a vulnerable yet strong woman and Daniel wants far more from her than she's willing to give. Will Daniel be able to help Stephanie and remind just what she needs? This is story that you have just have to read.

I look forward to many more novels by Joanne!
Jane
Jun 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-of-2013
Meh. This wasn't a bad book. The writing was okay. But I knew within one chapter it wasn't a good choice right now--it just didn't measure up to other things I'm reading. Unfair to trash it for that, though, which is why it gets 3 stars.
Karen
Apr 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick easy read with a decent story. Not a bad read for a Harlequin blaze though I did expect a little more heat in it. Who doesn't love a man in uniform who has is bad for the girl
Sharon Helfrich
Not one of my favorites, a little too angsty for a short little romance.
Liz Mckernan
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book
Cferjani
(blank)
Maria Proctor
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a beautiful book! It was a wonderful story! I especially liked the "love conquers all" theme!
Harlequin Books
Mariah
Mar 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Coming Up For Air
  • The Mighty Quinns: Kieran (The Mighty Quinns, #20)
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)
  • Born Ready
  • Night After Night...
  • The Rebel
  • Blazing Midsummer Nights
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Watch Me (Stepping Up Trilogy, #1)
  • Lead Me Home (Sons of Chance, #8)
  • In the Line of Fire (Uniformly Hot!, #15)
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Hotshot \ Going for It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • Barefoot Blue Jean Night (Made in Montana, #1)
  • Model Marine
Joanne Rock is the author of over eighty books published in twenty countries and translated into twenty-six languages, including seventy-five books for Harlequin in a variety of series. A popular workshop speaker, Joanne parlays her experience in the college classroom to substantive seminars that motivate, educate and inspire authors at all levels of their careers. Her book Self Promotion: Your Gu ...more
More about Joanne Rock...

Murphy Brothers (6 books)
  • Living the Fantasy (Murphy Brothers #0.5)
  • Making a Splash
  • Riding the Storm
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
  • Her Man Advantage (Double Overtime, #2)